Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-04-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It good to read positive things happening with everyone. It's been an under the bus day for me, but still working to keep my mind in the right space.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you emme99! Hangin there SimplyFree. Also thank you to everyone one in Class! Group helps
Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Surprisingly BeFree, I think I'm going to make it. I hope you are hanging strong also!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

A small victory...

Hey everyone. I hope all of you are doing well today. Day Three for me is down in the books! A small victory for me - the AV was talking all along the drive home, negotiating, suggesting. I ignored and stayed busy around the house, got some things done. To bed early, reading through SR. Stay tough and healthy everyone!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Surprisingly BeFree, I think I'm going to make it. I hope you are hanging strong also!
You can do it SimplyFree!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Nice job Sid. Congratulations! I'm right with you!!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I hope the rest of our class are doing well! Fight on.....
Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 4 is almost in the bag for me. I've been doing well so far without too much temptation to drink. Been having a few bouts of anxiety, but nothing crippling and demanding to be stifled with alcohol. And if it does, I'll just have to stifle it with something else!

Stay strong everyone!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

SR has been my lifeline for me...perhaps that's the difference that I am feeling with this attempt, compared to the others (too many to count). There's an incredible amount of information here and the knowledge, wisdom and support from those who have found solid recovery, to members posting for the first time has been amazing.

I've made many attempts at getting sober. Every time I relapsed, I let years go by before I tried again. Such a waste of time, $ and most importantly, LIFE! If only I'd kept trying after my first attempt...

Waking up every morning sick, depressed, filled with shame, not sure what I said or texted the night before, fear, health issues, $ wasted, loss of pride, things I once enjoyed pushed aside, life pushed aside...are no longer options for me.

Welcome aboard everyone!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 3....Kinda says it all.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. Crazy storms in Atlanta today, but going to my second meeting soon hail or lightning storms ... whatever not going to miss it. This one is for women only, kinda excited to see what that's like.

Hope everyone is having a great sober day wherever you are
Old 04-05-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I am curious about mood swings. Is it normal one day to feel depressed and the next to be the opposite. Kind of an hyper elated feeling. I experience this feeling on day three a lot. I get all happy and my mood is up, so it feels like I need to enjoy some wine. Obviously that is the wrong answer and since alcohol is a depressant, it would push the mood down again. I know it is part of the cycle and I prefer the up side to the depressed side. Does this level out with time or am I a head case? Just being curious....Thanks.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi Aprilonians! Just checking in...let's all keep fighting and staying strong!
Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am curious about mood swings. Is it normal one day to feel depressed and the next to be the opposite. Kind of an hyper elated feeling. I experience this feeling on day three a lot. I get all happy and my mood is up, so it feels like I need to enjoy some wine. Obviously that is the wrong answer and since alcohol is a depressant, it would push the mood down again. I know it is part of the cycle and I prefer the up side to the depressed side. Does this level out with time or am I a head case? Just being curious....Thanks.
You are definitely not a head case! LOL. But yes, this is also very "standard operating procedure" I would say. Congrats on Day 3. It will level out, it may take some time, but enjoy those moments you feel great.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I thought i better check in here as i finally did it and stopped drinking on the 13th march after dtoxing in place which was really nice and helped me alot.

So today is my 23rd day sober and finally i can say that dee!

I is back xx good luck to everyone here and keep trying xx
Old 04-05-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Glad you are here Erractic.....Way to stay with it and make a new chapter! We all hope for that. Blessings!
Old 04-05-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Broke tonight. Sorry guys, Stopped at 10 whiskey shots. No more. Still, not good. I want control. Don't give up everyone, and I won't.
I hope someone shares.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you need a better plan Sid?

D
Old 04-05-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

That's great Erratic!
Old 04-05-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I get these swings every few hours even! Earlier this evening I was feeling quite angry and stressed and overwhelmed. Now I feel better. Maybe just give it more time and see what happens? You might just find that things improve without drinking...