Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-01-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Really struggling now. Feeling so emotional,like I am on the verge of sobbing. Can't crack though as the family is round and don't want them to know I back down in the dumps again. This is tough.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

NSD- yep there are a lot of persons who keep weird hours here,. I am one of them. I am 'nana nap man'. I do not sleep much- still haunted by the past. Much better drinking- posting.

SSG- yep it is tough. The body heals much more quickly than the mind post drinking. Years sometimes. Keep posting. Words may flow, perhaps in doing so, you may find a little peace.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Really struggling now. Feeling so emotional,like I am on the verge of sobbing. Can't crack though as the family is round and don't want them to know I back down in the dumps again. This is tough.
Hey SSG,
I know how you feel. What I do is front until I can. For instance I'm really depressed right now because of my current situation and I had to hang out with my family shortly after I hit bottom. I faked it, threw myself in conversation. It helps to hear about what's going on with others. As soon as I was home though I cried and it felt good. I would say just don't do it often eventually I think you should talk to someone you trust.
How this helps, hang in there
Old 04-01-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in! I relapsed on March 1st after six months and one week sober, and though technically I haven't drank since March 26, I'm making it a fresh start this month.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me. I've been in and out of here for a while. I actually started going to AA back in November, and while I was doing alright at the start, I still went on drinking. Last night I drank WAY too much and I'm really paying for it today. I'm sick and tired of the lies and the deceit, the ****** life I'm leading, the sadness, the guilt, the negativity...I have hit my bottom and I feel truly awful. But the only way left to go now is up.

I called my sponsor this morning to tell him about my relapse. He was unbelievably supportive. He's actually coming over in a few hours, though I hardly want any company in my extremely hungover state. Ugh. But I'm glad he cares.

Day 1.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I'm in! I relapsed on March 1st after six months and one week sober, and though technically I haven't drank since March 26, I'm making it a fresh start this month.
Six Feet Under is a great show
Old 04-01-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Illuminate, I'm right there with you. Let's do it!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words of support PJ and Needsomedirection! I think it will have to be a case of "fake it til I make it" around my family for a while. I'm glad that I've seen them all though and not cancelled like I normally do. That's a small achievement. Got a friend coming round for tea and a film tonight-she knows the extent of my drinking. Just gotta keep plugging away, hour by hour if needs be.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 04-01-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I guess I will part of your class now posting and stuff.

Long story short I have been in sober recovery since last summer I believe and just now I have 12 days today so pretty early on this rodeo😊😤
Old 04-01-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome sweetichick priceyjunk, jrrolive needsomedirection Brenda Chenowyth Illuminate & mbrett

Priceyjunk - whats your recovery plan look like? A good plan can really take away that fear of everything might come to a halt (see next post)

SAH - welcome& congrats on 12 days!

thanks for dropping in and sharing FreeOwl - and thanks to you PJ

D
Old 04-01-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation I really recommend these links, guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this class please. I'm on day 7 and really need this to be my last attempt. My plan at the moment is:

1. don't drink
2. if I feel like drinking, drink a glass of cold water, eat something, go for a walk, post.

Lifestyle changes:
1. increase my water intake to 100oz or more a day
2. get on a sleep routine (bed by 1:00am latest and up by 8:30am)
3. take meds/vitamins consistently (start using weekly pill containers again)
4. eat healthy and follow my new diet which is one shake per day and 4 small snacks/meals

I know there are lots of other things I need to do but this is a start
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone
Old 04-01-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Emme
Old 04-02-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome Emme! That's a good plan! I like one of taking vitamins and medication consistently-that is part of my plan too-along with using my weekly container again 😂
Old 04-02-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee & SSG

SSG those weekly containers help a lot. I have one for work and home and they make remembering so much easier
Old 04-02-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. I'm going to try and check in here in the afternoon / evening after I've gotten a chance to process some of the day. Generally it's the desire to prolong the processing of my day that leads me to drink...things didn't go well? Instead of actually trying to deal with it in a healthy way, I'll just drink instead! I need to stop that behavior.

Physically I feel miles better today than yesterday, obviously. And mentally as well, but it's still just the weekend and there isn't much that happens on a Sunday to stress me out. When I return to work tomorrow, it might be a different story. BUT, that's not today, and today is all that matters for now.

I did, in fact, have a pretty great morning / afternoon...I made it to a new AA meeting, and I met some new folks who gave some awesome shares, and I even got a phone number!!! ZOMG! If only it were the number of an attractive and available female, but it was just a guy, haha. But his story is a lot like mine right now. Started AA months ago, didn't take it seriously enough, screwed up big time, but now feels more determined than ever to make this work. He's at 14 days and I'm at 2. For now I'd be THRILLED to get to where he is at 14.

Anyway, stay strong, everyone!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Bump
Old 04-03-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks SW

D
Old 04-03-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
I'm here and starting in day one (technically because it's 12:44am here on the west coast, U.S. I drank all day at the park and a friend's house (she was driving us). Came home and took a nap with my daughter (it was a late nap 5-7pm), so she just now got to bed. I'm tired, but sleepless. It's quiet in the house, which is nice. I work at 11am. My family is back home from Cali, which is bittersweet really. I missed them a lot, but they are hard on me and I feel loved "conditionally" but at least I am loved, which is better than nothing. I just need to love myself, which is so hard for me to do.

I should have joined the March class, but I guess I wasn't really ready. I'm ready now. April is not going to be like the last couple months. If my boyfriend is an ******* to me, then screw him. I'm not going to internalize the pain and hurt myself by drinking ANYMORE!

Emme, you have a very specific plan, and that is the recipe for success. Do you mind if I borrow from it? That's what I need...a PLAN and some short term GOALS. I will focus on the long term later. Just get thru this now.

I need to stay reading and stay posting here. I dont want to WASTE another minute, and I don't want to die. Addiction takes too many lives. I want to live and be healthy and strong!!!