Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of APRIL 2017

come and join us!

The latest MARCH thread is now here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-two-18.html

D
Old 03-31-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello. My name is Northern and I have a drinking problem.

I thought I didn't need this board. I said so in January. Since then I have been living in an alcoholic fog. I have even been drinking when I shouldnt have, like before work. I know I need to stop, for my health. I can drink far too much as it doesn't make me tipsy any more. I hate it.

Thank you for listening and welcome to other members joining this month!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WELCOME- Northern Lass. How are you?
Old 03-31-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Phoenix! I'm fine. Just generally p-off with myself for not being able to stop drinking. I joke about drinking but now it's serious. It scares me how much I can drink. April 1 is a fresh start. Just get through this day.

How are you Phoenix?
Old 03-31-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are getting through the day. Posting stuff helps- post heaps. There is LOTS of info/stories and narratives. The 'stories' threads has lots of stuff I relate too. Keep posting. Others will join. And good for you for posting and not drinking. You are not alone.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back NorthernLass

D
Old 04-01-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome Dee!

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record and keep coming back. There's nothing I can say. I can't justify or explain why I keep drinking. I just know that there's always a reason and once I start I can't stop. (First drink ..yes I know)

Dee you always talk about a plan. I need to start one and stick to it.

Ok. Tonight after work, I will not to drink. Instead I will treat my body like a patient who is in dire need of gentle care. I will drink fruit tea and do something productive with my evening instead of drinking till bedtime.

Have a sober Saturday y'all!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am absolutely in! This is my month, month of the rest of my life.

Let's do this together!
Old 04-01-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm in .. I've been trying to stop for four years ( as my name implies). This has to be my very last Day 1 otherwise this stuff will kill me !
Old 04-01-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MelbourneHelp and Icandothis

Whatever you've tried in the past and no matter how many times you've tired there really is hop for vhancge.

Coming here to SR in 2007 helped me turn things around - I know this community can help you guys do the same

D
Old 04-01-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi my name is SadSadGirl-I'm an alcoholic. NorthernLass-you sound just like me its scary the similarities! Since about October my drinking has taken me to a whole new horrifying level. I've been drinking most days, about one bottle of wine on a good day and two bottles on a bad day. It's getting ridiculous-I can't sleep, feel like a shadow of my former self, I have no drive to do anything-nothing is making me happy, I feel like an empty shell of disappointment, shame etc.

I know what's triggered me into this final realisation. I had a relationship with someone a few months back, really thought they were amazing-so sweet and supportive etc. But they basically ditched me for someone else. Whilst this hasn't been confirmed, there are undeniable coincidences in timelines etc. Since then I've gone into a big spiral of hating myself, thinking "what is wrong with me?" We worked together and he left work a few weeks back. I went to his leaving do and he brought this girl along. I was mortified and felt it was really insensitive. I feel like he knew how I would struggle with it all-how can people be like that? I'd never do that! Anyway, since he's left work I've felt completely flat. It was like I had something to work for, something to get myself up for and make myself look pretty and pretend to be bubbly and charming cos I was trying to win him back. But it was all just to draining for me and left me angry with myself I obsessed so much.

It's time for me to practice self care but I don't feel worth it. How do you guys turn things round? My depression is at a tipping point, I can't let it slip any further down as I can't go back down there.

Sorry for the self pitying post. I need to get it down. Happy April Fools Day guys-this fool is getting back into recovery.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again SSG

D

Last edited by Dee74; 04-01-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm on day and thought I would join this thread. Good luck to everyone on day 1 and those still struggling.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry forgot to put in day 4.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

welcome all
Old 04-01-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Holding out

6 weeks dry, the latest of many many, many failed Gp's.
I was supposed to drink today. I've been planning a relapse for days, I was making a list earlier of all the wine I was going to buy, and to cap it all off, massive family arguemet today. I even drove on a route pass the liqour store.

I drove pass it, I carried on as usual but I never took that drink. I kept a telling myself boozing would only make things worse- have after all been gong through 1/2 bottle of scotch a day for the last 2 years or so.

Not looking for praise. Because strangely, I feel worrried about how much longer I can sustain this for
Old 04-01-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

good to post how you are feeling Pric.J. Moment by moment sometimes. Keep posting. PJ
Old 04-01-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day one for me too. I have been an alcoholic for several years. Last year I managed to give up for 3 months and felt wonderful. Today I'd like to give up for good but my focus is one day/hour at a time.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey all....

Day 1,190 sober for me.

Just thought I'd join into the class and offer you my encouragement and my reminder that SOBRIETY IS WONDERFUL.

And you can do it!!

Old 04-01-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

For the better

Hello all,
I stumbled across SR in search of something to give me hope. So far it's been more helpful to me than AA. I find that I need to know someone is there for me and since I keep strange hours SR is perfect because there's always someone there. Today I feel like going to get some beer and drink at 9am and then I think about the consequences. I NEED to stay sober because alcohol takes hold and I do stupid things the latest being getting a 3rd dui losing my job and license so driving anywhere is a bad idea sober or not. Today is the day I make the change. I can't afford not to stay dry.
Thanks for the support guys you are appreciated.