Notices

Cheers for Venuscat Part Two

Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Thank you darling Leigh ~ for your love, support and wonderful advice.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending you both lots of love and hugs.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Thank you dearest least.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

You are just so wonderful Bill.
Not as wonderful as you are, Suze! I was so worried that you might have been disturbed at my "joking" about your "vacation" in Aussieland. Was going to add not to misunderstand that all the "blokes" down there call one another"mate"! Dangerous to do that in the U.S.A. At least on a dark night!
Seriously I well know what a challenge it is for you to make another trip. Sometimes a little laughter helps. But not always. And I was worried. Had two nightmares over it. I'm better after your message. Hope you are feeling stronger and stronger.

I'll always be your devoted friend. You, Nick and Willow!

Bill and Boswell,
Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Okay guys. Really. True love story. Had the conflict - can't get to the good stuff without the conflict. I love how you guys are working through your issues. Been married for 21 years and may take a page from your book.

Hugs to you both!!!!
Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi Goat:
Sorry about the bumps in the road but so glad that the road has now gotten smoother. Do forgive yourself however. Everyone makes mistakes. The late Ernie Kurtz,along with Katherine Ketcham, wrote about the Spirituality of Imperfection. Learning from mistakes, even failure. I have made so many myself in the past.
Believe, now in yourself, the wonderful person who is loved by such another wonderful person. And by all of us!

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our despair, against our own will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.”
Aeschylus-lines 179-182 of the Agamemnon

Fondly,

Bill
Old 04-05-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

love you both so much...

https://youtu.be/b8ajkPp75PQ

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Yes, a very good thing... I feel much more myself now, and I am starting to see my Suze coming back to life.

Things have been very difficult between Suze and me, for many reasons.

Nothing was as expected when she arrived. As I was setting up our apartment and our life here, I ran into many unexpected issues (the apartment has many, many problems, for example). I chose to ignore the issues rather than addressing them, and I chose not to tell Suze about the issues. I think I was holding out hope that some miracle would happen and I would be able to magically rectify everything before she got here. Obviously that did not happen.

Once she arrived I was confronted immediately with the reality of the situation. By ignoring issues and not addressing them or talking to Suze about them I gave her a very false impression about what would happen when she got here. At that point I had not just ignored the problems, but I had mislead her. She arrived into a situation that was very different from what she expected, and she arrived to a Nick who was stressed out beyond belief. I was unable to relax and just be myself, which made her unable to settle in and be comfortable after a very difficult move.

From that point forward, rather than simply admitting my mistakes and dealing with them, I started to deflect blame and find fault everywhere but with myself. Inside, however, I was tearing myself apart over what had happened. And, again, instead of finding the strength within myself to stand up and address the issues, I was begging Suze to save me and make me feel like I was not a complete failure.

Through all of this, Suze has been amazingly resilient, and has never given up, though she has quite understandably wanted to on many occasions.

Last night I finally admitted what had happened.... not just to Suze, but also to myself. When I finally allowed myself to fully see and feel what had happened, everything became clear and the stress I had been keeping myself in vanished.

I am no longer resisting the truth. I now know how to move forward. And moreover, I now know how to help Suze move forward into our new life here in America. I am not ready to forgive myself for what I have done, but as I continue to move forward and behave like myself -- like the man I respect -- I can regain my self respect and move on, and Suze will finally be able to be herself and feel at home here in America.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

you both can do it why . cause we all love you so much..and you love each other so much...

https://youtu.be/b8ajkPp75PQ

Thank you dearest least.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Now I'm going to cry again.
I feel so blessed. ♡
Old 04-05-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Bill, let's organise a time that suits for me to call you.
Just name it
I promise I will do it. ♡♡
Old 04-05-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Still following along and wishing you both well. Love your love story
Old 04-05-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
Hi Goat:
Sorry about the bumps in the road but so glad that the road has now gotten smoother. Do forgive yourself however. Everyone makes mistakes. The late Ernie Kurtz,along with Katherine Ketcham, wrote about the Spirituality of Imperfection. Learning from mistakes, even failure. I have made so many myself in the past.
Believe, now in yourself, the wonderful person who is loved by such another wonderful person. And by all of us!

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our despair, against our own will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.”

Fondly,

Bill
Thank you Bill, very much.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Please, please don't flagellate yourselves. Sure, "mistakes were made;" but it wouldn't have been natural if a few things hadn't gone wrong. This is a gigantic transition. Have either of you ever experienced anything even approaching this magnitude in your lives?

Nick, you've had the weight of Atlas on your shoulders. Cut yourself a break, especially since everything's now out on the table. From this point on, every move you make will be a step in the right direction.

Suze, I encourage you to spend your spare time discovering ways to get to meetings!

I want to commend you publicly, too, for your great discretion. Even in your darkest moments, I have not seen you ever throw Nick under the bus. I have tremendous respect for that (I could certainly take a page from your book).

You are well on the way to being the very finest kind of wife!
Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post

Fondly,

Bill
That was sublime. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Bill, let's organise a time that suits for me to call you.
Just name it
I promise I will do it. ♡♡
Certainly! Will let you know the time tomorrow! Suggest you call on my cellphone. Will P.M. the number later. Meanwhile, I find it often helps to socialize a bit. Go to a meeting or out for coffee somewhere with friends. Not to talk about personal stuff but maybe to talk about interesting things to do in Columbus. Like museums, zoos, maybe. We are essentially social creatures as far back as the stone age. Go to a shelter and interview some of the black cats. How about a love bird? If you got the bird first then Willow would adapt to it later on. Bird's are not territorial. At least I've never met one which was.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are looking a little brighter now Nick and Suze

D
Old 04-05-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I know where some meetings are Gilmer love, thank you....and thank you for reminding me that I'm capable of doing that by myself.

Not ready to go to a shelter yet Bill, and not one for zoos and museums....

There is always a chance to make things better if we really care and if we really try....actions are what matter the most. Hopefully we can move forward from here.

The support is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Support to Suze and Nck
Old 04-05-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Just wanna hug you both.

If it wasn't worth it, you wouldn't be where you are.

Even love doesn't say it's always easy.

But it's worth it.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you both, and sending you lots of good thoughts.