Old 01-11-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going guys

D
Old 01-11-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Went and AA meeting

I have 9 days complete..closing out day 10. Went my first AA meeting..was nervous but glad I did it. Today at home was hard but made it through. Got out of the house a while today, now trying replan my time.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going Michbish

D
Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hitting the sack at the end of day 5 - its been a great day because I'm going to bed sober.

Congrats to all on another day.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

start of day 12, only got a ceiling to plaster today so a nice half day, hoping that means pretty stress free so less cravings and some nice chill out time infront of the tv this afternoon.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Night all. Glad to be going to bed sober.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Just a nerd

Day 10 for me after messing up on NYE.

It hurts to know I would have been 3 weeks into this without that fumble, but at least the damage wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if my body really knows the time difference, but I do.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Recovering

A dreadful night's sleep. I remember this from last time; it took about 3 months to get sleep sorted out :-(

But on we go. We don't have to go through all this more than once.

DeathBox - well done for getting back on the wagon so quickly! I'm sure the time before NYE helped.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
She's not lying! Those gratitude lists changed my entire state of thinking. Twice a day, every day, for nearly a year I posted on thing morning and night I was grateful for, and somehow those two little posts changed my whole way of looking at the world
This is awesome site, I did used to have a gratitude thread here too, perhaps I should resurrect it!

Originally Posted by BrickbyBrick83 View Post
Awesome! Let me know what you think when you've had a chance to read it
Started last night. So far so good

///

Day 12! When I think about those first few days I can't help but feel grateful that they're over now and that I never have to go through that again if I don't want to. (And, I don't!) Got lots to do over the next few days since term starts again at Uni on Monday. I went back to Uni to try and improve myself and the first term was pure hell (commuting, hard work, having to be social etc...) but I'm wondering how much of the struggle was because of drinking... Excited to see how the experience improves with a nice sober mind.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Day 12 and sleeping straight through the night - no sweats, no sleeping for 3 hours and then rolling all over the bed. What a luxury!
Old 01-12-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Week2. Day12.
Thanks Circlewagons, Site and others for your encouragement.

I am still in the group that has sleep issues. That said, the feeling in the morning of waking without a hangover, no anxiety or self-loathing is great. I can handle feeling sleepy if I also feel accomplished and optimistic. Reading all your posts is a big part of this routine.

My refreshment of choice is lots of kinds of teas and tons of milk, often chocolate, right after work. I am not sure how all this is helping my insomnia or waistline but, in these first few months, my priority is just on establishing my routine.
- My recycle bin certainly looks a lot different these last 2 weeks.

Have a wonderful day classmates. Welcome to those new, or those who slipped a bit and found the strength to come back and restart.
One more day !
Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello January group.
I think this is my 4th or 5th group by now- I first joined last January 6th and got 4.5 months under my belt before I relapsed. Then another 47 days, then 2 weeks etc. The longest I am able to go this last month is 5 days.

I don't want to do this anymore.

My husband stopped drinking last November just like that. No struggles, no looking back. He doesn't mind if I drink, it doesn't bother him at all which I find amazing. He has no triggers- he just doesn't pick up.

Yesterday was his birthday. He didn't touch a drop but I managed to drink a bottle and a glass of wine and today I am hating myself.

I feel so good when I'm sober, so damn good. I love myself, I love my mood, I am the person I want to be.

I am obviously not strong enough yet to handle the triggers and the trigger yesterday was ordering food from a restaurant (to go) that served wine. I just couldn't stop my AV from convincing me that I needed a glass of wine.

I had the worst night's sleep and today will be a day full of 6 hours of driving for work. I plan on listening to my sobriety podcasts. I admit now that I simply cannot moderate. Even while I was drinking the first glass yesterday my AV had me convinced I could. And then it had me order an entire bottle for the beach.

I need to forgive myself and get over this guilt and shame.
I need to start praying more.
I need to keep myself accountable by coming here.

I need your help and support.
Thank you for listening, I just want to get through this day...
Old 01-12-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back SFL
I am obviously not strong enough yet to handle the triggers
No, I disagree. Everything in my life was a trigger to drink - that;s not a joke...everything was.

With a plan of action - including other healthier ways to deal with triggers - and a strong support base to call on when you need it, you can get through any trigger...

and everytime you do, you'll grow a little stronger for the next one.

waiting to somehow grow stronger while giving into triggers - it's never going to happen.

we get strong by doing things differently, not doing things the same IMO

Don't let your inner addict make you doubt your strength - it's there already - you can do this - we're all behind you

D
Old 01-12-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a little bump of my plan link for anyone who hasn't read it or forgotten about it

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 01-12-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I see what you mean. The triggers will always be there, it's my job to get through them. No more excuses...
Old 01-12-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Sunflower!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning class. Day 12 here. Bluedog, welcome back. Don't beat yourself up. I have been there many (many) times. The important thing is that you are back and learning from what made you pick up.

Congrats to everyone for another day. Michael66, I had one helluva craving yesterday, as well. I was invited out by a friend on way home from work....crappy day at work and it just sounded really good. Went through HALT and realized I was 3 of the 4. Stuck to my original plan of gym, and then home for a healthy meal. Good job on pushing through.

As to the NA drink subject, I am finding myself becoming addicted to La Croix (lime). Damn....good stuff.

TheDude. Hang in there. For me, isolation is my number one trigger that I know will eventually get me to have "just one beer." Me being alone with my own thinking equals "not good" in a lot of cases. My plan includes non-drinking activities around others after work. Maybe there is one thing you can do to get out for a bit? Of course coming here is an excellent way to have community, as well.

Good day to all. It was really good to read through all of the posts this morning. CW

Last edited by Circlewagons; 01-12-2017 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would never expect you to do anything I didn't do SFL

I had a lot of help and support here...some days it wasn;t too graceful but I got through

D
Old 01-12-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife. Welcome back. I really like what you wrote about forgiving yourself and releasing the guilt. I am realizing that not letting go of the past, definetly has led me down many deep binge journeys. Thanks for sharing. We are all here for you. CW.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 3, trouble getting to sleep but slept all night. Groggy this morning but not hungover - so a net improvement for sure. Today I will not drink.