Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 38

Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yes, my daughter does not watch the news anymore, as it makes her cry and feel so depressed.

You said what I was thinking so well, Snooz.

I truly think the patients are lucky to have your ray of sunshine shining into their lives, for sure.xx

As the day comes to an end, I feel so grateful right now that you are sober.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks MK

True on the balance part, I. Agree
Usually can't miss top news stories as we have news breaks during tv programs .

Very rarely do they put on a good news feel good story about a mother duck and her brood having a policeman halt traffic so they can cross the road.

:-)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

We had a nice news story about a poor dog who was drowning in the icy river being rescued by a group of firefighters.

I don't know what to do. Since Sunday, I felt a shroud of depression come over me. I succumbed to chocolate cravings after the poor audition on Tuesday. Since then I want to sleep all the time, then go out and buy sweets, ice cream, and binge in front of the tv. I've no one to talk to. I was so proud of myself for addressing my diet, now it's all gone out the window. I determined today, that I can't carry on like this, but it's so hard. I'm crying all the time.
I volunteered to help with an upcoming play with their Irish accents. I went to the read through on Wednesday. The play is set in Donegal where they have sort of a Northern accent, and most of the cast are effecting an "oirish " accent which sounds awful to me. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I don't know how to talk to the director. I think I already upset him because the play is set in 1918, the director wrote the play, and a character refers to Northern Ireland, which didn't come into existence until partition of Ireland in 1921, which I couldn't help pointing out. Also, a girl from Sligo who was in the play I was in recently, also offered to help with accents, and hers is not a Donegal accent. Everyone was so nice to her, asked to read for someone who couldn't come that day, said she'd done so well in our play, and not a word from anyone to me. I wish I'd never bothered to offer help. I feel very down and angry at my mood just switching. I don't want to be involved in this play now, but don't know how to get out of it.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Leshar honey. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
I know it's hard, but trying to eat healthier food again will make you feel a little better I think.
And it's cold, so it's probably hard to go for walks....but maybe just a little one.

I don't know about the play. I know when I am depressed everything is unappealing. But if it's making you miserable, well, tell them you are not well, and perhaps it might be easier to get out of.

Just sending you so much love.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

That Northern Ireland issue would annoy me too, Leshar.

Eating crap has everything to do with our moods, for sure. I can't talk, I came home and ate half a pack of Jubes and a chocolate bar last night.

Today will be better - although it crossed my mind to have the Jubes for breakfast this morning, lol.

Chin up.xx
Old 01-13-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno what the weathers like Leshar but ca you maybe get outside go for a walk?

D
Old 01-13-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

How exciting to be part of a play, that's cool. I like the idea of taking a walk if you can. The actors get to be such a dynamic and dramatic group of people. I remember it can get intense.
Where I'm from we love all of your dialects, women and men swoon, for me, especially sober men with that English accent, delicious.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm groaning just thinking about the bind you're in with the play, Leshar.

It's pretty clear that they're only after a faint whiff of authenticity--maybe (I shudder to say it) Canadians are like Americans: they think all "foreigners" sound alike!

With not only one, but two real-live Irish people to advise them, they probably think they've hit the jackpot!

Seeing that the director has already written the whole thing and is clearly heavily emotionally invested, maybe you could graciously recuse yourself, saying that two diction coaches would likely confuse matters.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Haha, you are right, Gilmer. 80% of people in the US thought I was British. Although my .australian accent isn't really broad, it was so funny....well, annoying, really.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh Crois ! That was your 4,000th post !!!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 01-14-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Haha, you are right, Gilmer. 80% of people in the US thought I was British. Although my .australian accent isn't really broad, it was so funny....well, annoying, really.
I think the Aussie accent on a woman is sexy. And I can tell the difference,mate.
It's odd here in the N.E.
Maine, Massachusetts,New York and Jersey all have slight differences in the accent.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I can't do this, I can't go through another 2015 where I spent so much time in hospital, ECT, everything.
I'm doing the right things, got back to eating ok, walking at least an hour a day, although crying while doing so, and I just feel so empty, so dead inside, I yearn for connection, but 10 years on from Larry, I'm still in the same place. My mood just switched and I can't seem to do anything about it. My psych is away until Jan 31.
I get so angry about it, I was doing all the right things and carrying on, ups and downs like everyone has, but this is a depressive episode, and it's achingly horrible.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm so, so sorry, Leshar. I know nothing seems to be of much help when it gets like this, but we're here for you.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Leshar honey. So so much love.
We are all with you.
We will help you get through this.
Together. ♡
Old 01-14-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yes Bob, and not just the ascent.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post Christmas blues is a real thing I think - I'm not really my chirpy self right now either - it's been more a trudge right now than a merry dance...but I know it'll pick up again

I hope/trust this is just a temporary down and you'll come out of it Leshar

D
Old 01-14-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good point, Dee. I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I'm so whiny at the moment. Seriously, LESHAR, I understand your episodes are the pits....but please don't think you are the only one who has a big whine. If you only knew what I feel whiny about this morning, you wouldn't feel so alone.

All I can say is, as they have in the past, this episode too will pass. I'd still lay off the junk food though, to be sure. (No Irish puns intended! )

Lol Bob on your thoughts on the accent. Some Aussie Sheilas aren't that sexy at all. They are what we call, "rough as guts".
Old 01-14-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm watching some playoff football. My team plays in a few hours.

Yeah, I suspect there's a few tough ladies in Aussie.
There is everywhere.
Maybe it's cause I think of Olivia Newton John.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Leshar, I'm glad you talked about the blues, seems we have company in winter blahs. Almost a sense of desperation in some of my colleagues and great frenzy around marches etc. I'm just gliding along in some ways.
Resolute, we have to admit a nice diversion is having our team in the playoffs! I couldn't believe I bought the last package of chicken wings at Market Basket. H asked me to make fried chicken, definitely a Saturday day evening tradition. I realized tonight I never had made it sober before. It was good but no where near as spicy as usual, must have added the kitchen sink when I used to make it!