Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 181

Old 11-24-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
A lot to deal with at the moment so I need to be super careful and practise lots of self care, pace myself through it.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating and another sober 24 for me
Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
No thanksgiving in this part of the world, just another sober day.

I woke up feeling anxious and am trying to work through it now. No need for it. I have everything I need in this world and am blessed beyond words.

Have a great day everyone ❤️
Sending you both tons and tons of love.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

And to everyone celebrating.....

Going to just relax with Nick, spend some time watching some movies we have wanted to see, and just give thanks for this time together. ♥
Old 11-24-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

And a very, very big thank you dearest Kris for everything you do, every single day.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!

24 more for me!
Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

My son is out in San Francisco on business. He called to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving, which we are having, even though a bit lonely, just the two of us, and he said that where he is staying and working there are more homeless people, even than in New York City, living on the streets, drunk and stoned out on drugs. There's is a "Thanksgiving" living in a nightmare! Is there not some way of reaching out a hand in friendship to these sad, tormented souls and say, "We know. Oh we know! Come with us! Join us in the long path to freedom! You can free your selves from slavery, from the nightmare." That is what Jesus would do. Will do. And even for those who do not believe in him but in their hearts love what is good and love their fellow creatures, He would help. I'm sure He would. Why then should we not help also?

W.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

P.S. If you will, "Missionaries" of a different sort. Asking nothing in return. Not even faith in God, in Christ, Jesus or any other deity. Saying "I believe in a loving and merciful God but, if need be, rejoice only in the freedom from the slavery which has come upon you. Join with us to help others and by doing that to help yourselves." SR does that. Can some way now be found to take this out to the streets to those without computers, cellphones, lying there in the gutter or propped up against a wall? Are not they too in a nightmare, an even worse one? Is this not what this country needs most of all? Alcoholism and substance abuse has become this nation's worst health problem, an annual loss of hundreds of billions of dollars, suicides, a demonic heritage passed on to children. Those who suffer may be in denial. But are not we in even greater denial if we stand by and do little except for ourselves?

Special message to Dee- I honestly believe in this. Is there some way in which I might be able to reach as many SR readers with this message (or these two messages) without violating the ban on double posting? There are more visitors on the Newcomers thread than on this one. But this is for everyone, not just newcomers. SR does not reach the street people. Someone should this. There is not enough being done. That is obvious. And the problem is growing.

W.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Goodnight.......
Old 11-24-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And a very, very big thank you dearest Kris for everything you do, every single day.

Sending the Love back to you.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY guys!! Nice to know all of you & call you friends��
Thanks for the compliment Bill. Btw, grateful to be sober on this day & having had a great conversation w/ my dad after I ate lunch couldn't ask for more
24 of thanksgiving(no pun intended) pls
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Off to a BB meeting soon.

See you later.

Hope you're all having a beautiful day of thanks.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours. A wonderful day for those celebrating their milestones ! As well, all the best to those celebrating Thanksgiving. Being grateful is my cornerstone for recovery ! Its a daily aspect of my life that I am mindful of. To all, be thankful, be happy and be blessed !

Another 24 hours of serenity, compassion and sobriety pls ! Its 8:43am here !
Old 11-24-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
learning to live

Having some issues via iPhone can't see that my earlier post posted.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! We got lots to be thankful for today and everyday!!!!

24 more for me and you.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Sending much love to my 24 Hour Recovery Connection thread friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

In for 24.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope it's an enjoyable day for all my dear friends here.

Need another 24 for sure.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Happy T-G days for our cousins over there in the New World. Like many holidays that serve a good purpose (unlike, say a holiday for a horse race that shuts Victoria down- my opinion only) I try to honour the reason for it. Xmas- I say happy b-day Jesus and reflect on the significance of all that. The biggie national holiday here- ANZAC day- the pivotal moment where many believe the future identity of Aus. was forged. I guess a holiday called Thanksgiving day is pretty obvious. I have doing some reading/research on your holiday's history. Interesting what some people think and what went down. Thoughts and prayers to you all for a SAFE, SOBER AND PEACEFUL TIME. Special prayers to those who are alone and feeling sad. Just remember - it IS about the next 24- that links us now to the future. Do not drink it solves NO problems and makes worse ones.
Kris- I look forward to our cake. It gives me reason to smile and while sobriety is my greatest priority and very, very serious to me- it is OK to be a bit silly sometimes- don't you know? Now about the next cake, I was thinking.........
Old 11-24-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

Special message to Dee- I honestly believe in this. Is there some way in which I might be able to reach as many SR readers with this message (or these two messages) without violating the ban on double posting? There are more visitors on the Newcomers thread than on this one. But this is for everyone, not just newcomers. SR does not reach the street people. Someone should this. There is not enough being done. That is obvious. And the problem is growing.
well, I can't really say no when you ask publicly Bill.

I can only give you permission to post once again in Newcomers tho, as I have for others in specific cases or it's not fair to others who've asked to post multiple messages for valid reasons and been turned down.

I think SR does a fantastic job. I see our job is to help those who come to us?

D
Old 11-24-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

24 more hours please- Day 11...
Heading into the weekend always makes me nervous, but I was sober last weekend and plan to sober this weekend too.

6.50am western Aus x
Old 11-24-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

18th day

So thankful, please another 24 these forums keep me strong.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

In for another 24hrs!!
Old 11-24-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi,
It was just an incredibly gorgeous Thanksgiving today at the Midnight Mission where we volunteer. My husband and I can't fix the world, or help all those in need, but every time we are of service, we believe it helps.
I'm going to check in for the next 24, with gratitude to my HP, AA, and each of you here at SR.
Bobbi