Notices

Class of March 2016 part 35

Old 10-24-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Yeah. Nice try. Besides, I can track you down. lol
I will proudly display whatever avatar you pick. 141 days is amazing!*

*But I really want a red t-shirt with that cardinal on it now.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks!*

* You're probably not the only one.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hit up my new favorite grocery store for lunch. They have an amazing salad bar, a hot bar, an olive bar, and even an olive oil bar. Now those kinds of bars I can get into! One of these days I will indulge in a bottle of infused olve oil - probably 1/2 herb and 1/2 garlic. Love me some dipping oil for bread. And it's the good kind of fat, right??
Old 10-24-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I love infused olive oils. Though lately my big cooking fixation has been on truffle oil.

Time for work.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in on my way home from work and feeling okay....tired -**yawn**. I may be a morning person but I am certainly not an afternoon/evening person. The plan for tonight is really just dinner and a walk with Charlie....nothing too exciting.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello friends I picked up some dinner and brought it home ~ made sure I went to a place that doesn't serve alcohol so I wouldn't be tempted.

Guess what?! I just decided to take myself to another concert Sully Erna (singer for Godsmack) is on his solo tour and he'll be in town on Thursday night! I said screw it, I'll go by myself! It's about an hour away, so since I'll be driving & not sure where I'm going, hopefully I can stay away from the booze. I'll need to postpone my drum lesson that night, but I'll just let him know I'm doing some extra credit homework! I'm pretty excited about it.....but now I don't have anything to wear.....
Old 10-24-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I just downloaded Sully's new album so we are gonna go for a walk! Be back in a little bit...
Old 10-24-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Well so much for brain. After last post, there is a large gap in my memory, an organic blackout called sleep happened. 6 hours- the first time in at least 10 years. Quids to you B- apparently you put me to sleep (hahaha). 0829 here in PJ world- the only happenin' place for metres in all directions. Chasing up QWERTY still for mp's. Launching into mp 3- a self portrait. Part of this look at myself warts and all bit. For me at the moment everything has to have a purpose and a defined outcome (within the edicts of evidence provided in exhibit #?- the so called 'Serenity prayer'). Just letting the waves of everything crappy wash over the rock of my soul, take a deep breath and soldier on towards D-day (tears, sigh, etc - cue dramatic music here). Happy sleepy bo-bo's class-ics. PJ
Old 10-24-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Spooky movie just started so I'm gonna chill for the evening

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone doing well today.

CH, that sounds like my kind of bar too. I am envious!

Casey, I did not know there was truffle oil. But I guess why not?

PJ, glad you got some solid sleep. I don't seem to get the quality of sleep I'd like, but I've learned to manage.

Purpl, I hope you have a great time at the show. I've discovered that I enjoy concerts so much more when I don't drink. The sound quality seems better and the next day I can remember the whole thing!! Haha.

Have a good night all. See you in the AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well- Mr QWERTY cropped the image of mp1. Still not able to send- too big. But part of recovery is consistency, patience and seeing stuff through- so will keep trying.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

CH your lunch sounds amazing! I love olive oil-dipped bread.

I really need to clean up my diet. I let it fall apart on my birthday...but at least no drinking. Just lots of sweets and junk like pizza, chips, Mac and cheese, ugh. And no exercise. This is really not like me. I am dying for a salad and some veggies but need to fill my fridge. Hahaha.

What are you watching, Purp? I love spooky movies! But I live in a very old house and get freaked out sometimes.

My ex had the nerve to call me a dry drunk today. Even though he is apparently sober and is doing nothing differently besides not drinking. Granted, all I'm doing is SR but I really can't imagine where I'd be without you all! He called me one because he thinks I'm mean. Because I don't take crap from him anymore. Instead of the soap opera, "As the World Turns" my life should be called "As the Stomach Turns."
Haha. Laughter is the best medicine.

Love you all. Have a wonderful sober day/night!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Jemma, that guy sounds like a piece of work. I'm really proud of you for holding your ground with him.

Phx- glad you were able to sleep. Did you try loading your pic through tinypic? That's how I share images here. Hope your brain is letting you have some peace.

Hey, MITA and Purple!

Hope everyone is having a pleasant sober evening- unless it's morning- then have a pleasant morning. Love you all!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Boring night at work. For some reason, I drank a Red Bull after work. I was thirsty and it was there. So I'll probably be up for a bit. Going to do some reading, I guess. Maybe watch an episode of Quarry--best new show on TV, by the way.

Grateful to be sober. Thanks to all of you and wishing you all a good night/morning/etc. Where's Bat-immri? I lost my batsignal picture. Need to find a new one.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Well, here. Listened to a good AA- speaker talk on U-t. Clancy I. And I thought my lot in life was bad. This guy after leaving jail for being drunk overnight and telling a friend waiting for him he had it all under control- found out they could not find him and his son had died. I could not possibly imagine anything worse. A good talk.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning class!! Woke up this morning feeling achy and exhausted....hopefully I am not getting sick.

Today should be my first "desk day" in like two months and I have so much to catch up on. Bobbie - 15,000 steps will be a struggle today for me...I will probably have to close my office door and jog in place throughout the day - lol

Well off I go. Have a great day!!
Old 10-25-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Sam, hope it's just a temporary thing. Being sick is the worst.

PJ, sounds like a good speaker. What a terrible thing to have happen. One of the things I used to be able to use to at least limit my drinking on occasion was thinking I could not get too drunk in case something happened with one of my kids and I needed to drive somewhere. The key words here being "on occasion" - i.e. rarely.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. That book "This Naked Mind" has given me some real strong and positive thoughts - I hope it lasts for a while.

See you guys later!
Old 10-25-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning / Afternoon, friends! Got 2 work a little early so I could get a "cup o' startin' fluid" Lol. Will check back in later on

"I'll stretch my wings and breathe in a different day" -Sully Erna
Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good evening, Phoenix. Wow, his story is so sad. I have checked out a few times from people I love - on a drunk bender I guess you could say. I'm glad nothing ever happened during those times. I'm really glad that will never be me again.

Good morning, MITA. I might check out This Naked Mind next. After all of the reading this class has done, we should be the top authorities on alcohol and alcohol abuse.

Samantha - I hope you are not getting sick. Try not to get dizzy walking around in your office. I speak from experience.

Purplrks - Good morning. Got my own startin' fluid here. Ready to start a new sober day.

Speaking of startin' fluid - where are you BBG? Miss you.

Have a fantastic day, friends! Talk to you all later.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey Bobbie. I listened to the podcast on Recovery Elevator first, and it's nearly as good as reading the book and it only takes an hour or so. In some ways I think the podcast discussion is structured better than the book.

It's interesting, I think she gets to the same conclusion we all do (abstinence is pretty much the only option) but just in a way that made sense to me. She makes one comment towards the end of the podcast that echoes what Dee often says "It's simple, but not easy".

Anyway, I'm always looking for things that keep me moving in the right direction.

Have a great day!