Notices

Class of March 2016 part 35

Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Okay, am now subscribed to Recovery Elevator - am I searching for Annie Grace? I can't find that episode. I'll listen to it when I run tonight.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Okay, am now subscribed to Recovery Elevator - am I searching for Annie Grace? I can't find that episode. I'll listen to it when I run tonight.
I'm pretty sure it's episode 78. The title has something to do with the stigma of being an alcoholic - I don't know why (actually I do know why, it just doesn't make sense to me). Haha.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I spend about an hour in the car on each leg of my commute, so 2 hours total each day. Recovery Elevator is pretty good, as is the SHAIR Recovery podcast. I don't consider myself a Christian, although that is how I was raised. Still, I also like the Truth For Life podcast. The guy has a nice Scottish accent, which I enjoy, and I do like much of the philosophy of Jesus. I just filter out the other stuff. No offense to those who are true Christians.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 7 and doing pretty well. Mood swings seem to be evening out, finally. I volunteered in my daughter's 1st grade class this morning and she cried when I left. We've been dealing with separation anxiety, again (went through this last year in Kindergarten) and thought we were past it, but for the last week now she has been crying in the mornings getting on the bus. By the time they get to school she is fine. But, these mornings are killing me and it's a huge trigger. Always something, right? I know that drinking will just make it worse so I will stay sober.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey, LB! 7 days is great. That's tough with your daughter. It will pass though, I promise. You can get through this. Hope your day gets better!
Old 10-25-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 8. Rhymes with great. Or late. Which is how long I slept this morning. That Red Bull kept me up for a while last night. I did wake up for a bit earlier this morning but went back to sleep for a couple of hours.

Work tonight. Nothing much else going on for me today.

I've always heard good things about Clancy's talks, Phoenix. Need to check one out.

How many steps are you at so far, Samantha?

Just looked up that book, ManInTheArena. Sounds interesting.

Have a wonderful day, Purplrks.

"Try not to get dizzy walking around in your office. I speak from experience." is the most Bobbieka-est advice in the history of Bobbieka being Bobbieka.

Congrats on 7 days, Ladybug!

Time to face the day. Don't drink no matter what stupid lies and sweet rationalizations your addiction throws at you.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 8. Rhymes with great. Or late. Which is how long I slept this morning. That Red Bull kept me up for a while last night. I did wake up for a bit earlier this morning but went back to sleep for a couple of hours.

Work tonight. Nothing much else going on for me today.

I've always heard good things about Clancy's talks, Phoenix. Need to check one out.

How many steps are you at so far, Samantha?

Just looked up that book, ManInTheArena. Sounds interesting.

Have a wonderful day, Purplrks.

"Try not to get dizzy walking around in your office. I speak from experience." is the most Bobbieka-est advice in the history of Bobbieka being Bobbieka.

Congrats on 7 days, Ladybug!

Time to face the day. Don't drink no matter what stupid lies and sweet rationalizations your addiction throws at you.
I would have paid money to have been able to go back to sleep this morning. Good for you. Good job on 8 also.

How do you like your new job? I hope it is going well.

I'm pretty sure you called me dizzy. Ah well - a bit.

Have a super day!
Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's fine. It's a job. Money's good. I already knew one of the managers and one of my co-workers and I seem to be getting along with everyone else as well. They could tell I knew what I was doing immediately and I haven't been relegated to new guy status/crappy sections and schedule which is always a possibility when starting at a new restaurant.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I come in peace and mean no harm, COM's. MITA- simplicity? HA! What a completely annoying term. Absurd as well. How about all we alcoholics pool our awesome talents and experiences (which know no bounds) and start up the moistest, bestest rehab program ever. I'll outline the mission for it. It goes like this....

WHAT : Drinking - STOP
WHY : DRINKING IS DUMB
HOW: (THIS IS THE REAL SIMPLISTIC GENIOUS OF MY CONCEPT, NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THIS BEFORE)

STOP DRINKING

problem solved.

now, where did I put my 15 word statement for my press release on how to stop all wars? :-)

Last edited by Dee74; 10-25-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: fixed format
Old 10-25-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

oops- need to proof read betterer, give me a break- the sun isn't up, Meant to be 'mostest' NOT moistest.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning, Phoenix! Isn't it too early for you?
Old 10-25-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
oops- need to proof read betterer, give me a break- the sun isn't up, Meant to be 'mostest' NOT moistest.
I kind of like "moistest".
Old 10-25-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Moistest sounds like something Bobbieka would say after dizzily walking around her office.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Dammit! Stop focussing on moistest. Reminds me of Charlie Sheen in 2 1/2. B- it is never too early. Up@ 0500. Had 3 hours sleep, but (people in Victoria used to say this in my dear old gran's day). Done mah washin', b-fast, cleaned, went to gov. offices for tax f/n (ex is not playing nice with providing me with documents for the festival of divorce next wed- 6 more sleeps), done more paper work on an online course I am doin', ADL's, recovery work/readings and I also solved all the causes of diseases in the world, proved the existence of god and am lunching with the spirits of Einstein, Da-V and Luddie babes.
There are just not enough hours in the day...(sigh).
Old 10-25-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well, sounds like a productive day, Phoenix.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi all. Quick check in for me tonight. It was a desk day at work and while I cleared out my inbox and got a lot of paperwork done I didn't get a whole lot of steps in...I had to jog around my house when I got home to reach the 15,000.

I am feeling a little off tonight...struggling maybe but not really thinking of drinking...maybe I am just getting sick. I guess time will tell.

BBG - where are you?

Night all
Old 10-25-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey Sam. Everyday is a desk day for me - I do have a standing desk, but don't use it enough. Thankfully, I have a dog that demands to be played with I hope you stay healthy!!

Yes, BBG - where are you? Space Goat?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

MITA - I would love a treadmill desk...but what do you do on the lazy days?? I do have a ball chair which I use most of the time.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just a standing desk, not a treadmill desk - I think I would injure myself with one of those ....

I do get out when the weather is nice and stretch my legs - I probably get 10,000+ steps about 3x week. Not enough, but it's what my schedule allows right now.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Steps... do not count any more. In the Burns unit- my record was 120 laps. Walked an hour this morning. Was very sore afterwards. Thought to myself- you should be doing more than this. Then I remind myself- a year ago it took 2 physio's to hold me up while I began to walk again 'cos of pain. Then the day when I could walk the 5 minutes (for normal people) to the botanical gardens- shore leave. The stairs- 1 flight took 10 minutes. Then 30 mins to get there. So not doing so badly. Mind you- counting steps is a thought. Thanks for the idea...