Administrator

Glad you got some sleep Snarly
D
Old 09-29-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
Hi,

Just checking in.

My body finally allowed me to sleep and I just woke up from a 6 hour nap. Not something I'm used to doing but It is the first solid sleep I've had since day 1. It's day 9 now.

Still no appetite but at least the stomach pains aren't constant. Progress!

Head is super fuzzy. Not like the lack of sleep hangover, more like a giant marshmallow.

No shakes or sweats/chills today! Little cold but I think that is Autumn coming in full swing.

Overall sense of calm - now that's worth staying sober for!

I don't have any desire to drink. I'll take that one day at a time.

Snarly

PS Amazon Rocks! Everything I ordered for my B Day showed up!
2 day delivery when I didn't pay for delivery? Great.

Snarly, I am so impressed with your resolve and attitude. You are doing so GREAT! Well done, man.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I'M SO IMPRESSED WITH MYSELF I MUST SHARE.

I just made a phone call to talk to someone because I wanted to. I used to have to be drunk to talk to people. And come to think of it, I'm starting to enjoy my music sober again. I used to only listen to my music when hammered.

wooHOO and yay for me.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLoves View Post
so tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. one of our suppliers is putting on their annual bbq at our office complete with wine, beer and hard stuff. i'm not really worried about the booze at work for a couple of reasons - i'm very busy at work and need to have a sharp and clear head and #2 i have to pick up the kids from daycare so drinking isn't even an option.

what i'm worried about is when i get home after work. after being around booze all afternoon at work my resistance will be worn down and it won't take much for him to convince me to have a drink. actaully it's about right on schedual that he'll call me this afternoon asking me if i want him to pick me up a bottle of wine on the way home. i already have a plan for tonight so i don't think it will be that much of an issue.

i need a plan for the weekend. if the weather continues to be nice i'll be able to take the kids out and about to the city parks, maybe go to a corn maze or to free swim...

but i also know that me not drinking with the bf will start the ******** arguments from him about 'what, you don't want to spend time with me?" and that crap. i think i can honestly say that looking at leading a sober life the biggest challenging is going to be dealing with the bs from the bf who doesn't think he has a drinking problem - which he 100% does!!

sorry, now i'm rambling...
MYLOVES -

Please feel free to ramble on. I have done nothing but ramble on and on and on....

Rambling has really helped my scattered brain sort through all the noise.

Added bonus of rambling you get great support and feedback from folks here.

Who know, someone else might even relate!!!!

Good to meet you,

Snarly
Old 09-29-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you windancer!

D
Old 09-29-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I've been reading a lot on here the past few days and thought I'd say hi. Day 4 for me and I have the strongest urge to drink tonight. Instead I am reading all your lovely words and having a cup of tea.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi & Welcome Utazik
Congrats on day 4. Good job posting & having tea instead.
Glad you are here.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I know for me having wine in the house is just not a good idea. It's too tempting if it is there. It's too easy to pick up. If you have to go out and get it at least it gives you time to really think about what you're doing and gives you time to change your mind. having it there in the house is a no no for me.

Of course don't beat yourself up about what you've done but by the same token I don't think it's a good idea to take it lightly. For me I have to understand the seriousness of what I've done, why I've done it and take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I had loads of times when I drank just a couple of glasses and nothing bad happened but it was only a matter of time before I drank again and something bad did happen - last Friday night in my case
I think that's a good point. If you slip and get away with it and nothing bad happens, it's easier to "slip" next time, and two beers becomes five, and then a bottle of vodka, and . . . you're back at the rodeo again. For me, that means no slipping, no secret drinks, no nothing. Full sobriety.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Utazik

D
Old 09-29-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Sazzle, I hope you feel better soon.

Welcome MyLoves

Good luck on the job search CuteNGayYay. Congrats on day 23!

I am glad your Amazon order arrived Snarly. I love Amazon too and it is contributing to my laziness because I can get just about anything there and the free shipping is awesome

Great job Windancer!

Day 2
It's the end of day 2. No real thoughts of drinking which I am thankful for. I am having a hard time with my anxiety and it makes my stomach feel like it is burning. This has been going on for a long time and a couple of drinks used to help, at least in the short term, but I need to find something else. I have thought about breathing exercises and/or meditation to try and help me relax. I listen to audio books to help me fall asleep and I love doing that but it hasn't been helping much lately.

I am also trying to build up my water intake again. I was trying to drink 100oz a day because my diet center said anything over 70 or 80oz, I don't recall which right now, but anything above that aids in weight loss. I really want to go back to my diet center and hoping I will make it there in the next week or two.

Thanks for posting and sharing your stories and letting me a part of this class.

I hope everyone has a Happy Friday
Old 09-29-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Best wishes, emme
Old 09-29-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Best wishes, emme
Thanks Caramel
Old 09-29-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys

just a reminder for those of you who may not have been in a class thread before...

at the end of the month, this thread will move into the Daily Support forum.

Nothing else will change and you're all very welcome to carry on here in the Class of September 2016 as normal

We do this so that the new thread, Class of October 2016, can take your place in the main forum and help those trying to stay sober next month

I'll put in plenty of redirect links so hopefully no one will get lost

Any questions just ask 'em here

D
Old 09-29-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Morning all

Glad you got some sleep Snarly. Another Amazon fan here

Welcome Utazik- this is a great place to be. Hope you got through the night.

For us all a great quote I read on here is

"Remember no one ever woke up in the morning glad they'd had a drink the night before"

Good job on making the call Windancer.

Emme- I'm no doctor but can almost guarantee your anxiety will ease the longer you're sober. Mine reduced hugely to a very manageable lever. Getting drunk last Frida night has made me an anxious mess all week.

Everything seems so raw in the early days but drinking won't help -it just takes you back to the beginning. congrats on day 2-you're doing great

Thanks Dee

Hope everyone has a good day.x
Old 09-29-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi D,

I have a question.

I joined S/B this week and love the class of Sept.

Can I join the upcoming class of October?

Thanks for everything you've done and do!

Snarly
Old 09-29-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi Emme,

Great job on Day 2.

I'm sitting here reading your posts and am amazed at how composed and rational your updates are!

I have been a rambling mess and the members on S/B have supported through a rough few days.

Keep up the great work .

Snarly
Old 09-29-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Utazik View Post
I've been reading a lot on here the past few days and thought I'd say hi. Day 4 for me and I have the strongest urge to drink tonight. Instead I am reading all your lovely words and having a cup of tea.
Hi Utazik,

Welcome. Nice to meet you.

4 days is awesome!

From what I've read a lot of us start out exploring this forum before starting the sober journey.

I was at day 6 before I finally got up the courage to start posting.

I was a complete wreck mentally, emotionally and health falling apart.

This forum has been amazing!

Post away - can't wait to hear your story.

Keep sipping that tea and tell us what's on your mind! This site is global, so someone's always on - cool right?

Snarly
Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi D,

I have a question.

Snarly
If you want to, Snarly - there's nothing stopping anyone from joining any 'Class of' thread.

The Class of October thread will be open to anyone who wants to join although I expect most members will be people getting sober in October- I just wanted people to know that this September group will carry on

D
Old 09-30-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi D,

I have a question.

Snarly

Don't leave us!
Old 09-30-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Don't plan on leaving.

Today is really the first day of some clarity and and it's the last day of September.

I really get the class concept.

I hope i never forget how members were quick to welcome me and let me ramble while I struggled to keep sober (still got lots to do!).

I'll check in on October but my "alma mater" is Sept 2016.