Notices

Class of March 2016 part 33

Old 10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Oh yeah I love "fake nice" which has ulterior motive written all over it. People suck! (Don't get me started!) Lol
Old 10-04-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hey, Purple!

Phoenix, I don't like the people you live with. Just saying. Also, shouldn't you be asleep?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

On my way home. Long day but productive. Tea today is Cinnamon Toast

Tonight both DH and my daughter are working so it's a night alone.....which in theory sounds heavenly but I really struggle with being alone.

Earlier in the day my AV was whispering but I have successfully squashed it for the time being. Soon I will be safely home and locked away.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Good morning everyone! Yesterday was 30 days but today is 1 month. Sobriety date: 9/4/16

Thank you to everyone for congratulating me. Now I just need to NOT slip! I've had 30 days a bunch of times this year and I want this to be the last I ever have. Now I want 1 year, 5. 10...forever!

I never want to go back to that hell! Ugh.

Another friend from high school drank so much his organs are pretty much destroyed. Not sure he will make it. Sucks!!! :-(

Anyway, have a good day. Love you all!!!
One month is awesome-sauce Kiki!!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning Sam and all other Marchers. Beginning day 4 all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Great nights sleep!

Looking forward to this day.
Really proud of you BBG!!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Congrats Kiki! You will not slip! You can do this! You must feel fantastic! I think I am on day 7 without a drink today

AK, I know what you mean about relapsing AFTER big events, I've been known to do that too. And I've ruined big events as well. Ugh. I stay sober for weeks, months, building up to that special, important time, then blow it the night before! It is such self-sabotaging behavior, what is wrong with me?! Well, no more.

MITA, I have the opposite problem. I used my phone to post 99% of the time, and now since I updated my iphone to iOs 10, I can no longer post here! I can read, but not post! Very frustrating, and puts a big damper on my posting
I may try to see if I can downgrade back to last iOs 9 version.

I talked to my boss yesterday about my mistake on Thursday, and everything's all good. She was so cool about it, and it had worked itself out miraculously, so I had worried and obsessed and lost sleep over it all weekend for pretty much nothing. But I did learn a lesson, and it was a mistake I will never repeat, so I guess that it what is important.

I hope everyone has a wonderful sober day/night! I'm going for a beautiful fall hike in the woods and then to a short afternoon work shift.
Glad to hear everything worked out Jemma and congrats on seven days!! Woot!!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
hang tough Phoenix I hope you can get peaceful sleep soon
KiKi way to go on 1 month
Samatha I woke up in a panic attack yesterday never a good way to wake up, I was able to attend my Smart Recovery meeting a few hours later and it was a great meeting.
Sorry to hear about your panic attack Fred.....certainly not a good way to start the day - but I'm glad you turned it all around with a meeting
Old 10-04-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Holy cow! Just realized I have almost 5,000 steps on my Fitbit from just cleaning my house! It was a mess! Lol.
Lol
Old 10-04-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post

Hey guys.....good to be here with you all ~ Congrats Kiki!

Played the tape through a little while ago so I'm home now.....having a mental struggle, tho. I have Friday off next week & my AV is already making plans for the night before. Grrrrrrr! But I'm sober another day! If it weren't for you all, I'd probably be sitting at the bar right now!
I'm right there with you Purplrks. I did my schedule today and I'm off Saturday, Sunday and Monday (it's Thanksgiving weekend for us coming up) - with that many days off I know I will have to be extra vigilant. We can do this!!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Hey, Purple!

Phoenix, I don't like the people you live with. Just saying. Also, shouldn't you be asleep?

People suck.....well not you guys
Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

B- 0821. No sleepy time 4 me. Just cruising along in weird me land until the morning is over.:head bange
Old 10-04-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

GROUP HUG!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Morning, Class!!

Congratulations on the first of many months, Kiki.
Good morning, BBG. I need more startin' fluid this morning.
MITA - does your son get to attend the presidential debate here in St. Louis?
Samantha - wishing you an amazing day as well!
Phoenix- hope your evening is pleasant.
Thirteenth-thinking about you. Hope you're doing okay.

Have a great day sober people!
There is a lottery for students - I think it is pretty low odds of getting a ticket. I don't think he put his name in anyway. He is doing great so far at WashU - I really do like MO, it has awesome people!!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Well, yeah. Me!
That's impressive he's doing well, MITA, that's a tough school.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

It is with reluctance that I must say once again, I fell. Today/tomorrow is day one for the umpteenth time. I want to end the cycle, get to day three and beyond. I don't have anything else to add at the moment.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight - watching the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix and drinking chamomile tea Off to bed soon - I feel exhausted and the morning always comes so soon. Night! Love you all!!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Ending day 4 in good spirits. No AV troubles today. Hope everyone else has had a great day.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

13th- do not dwell - do. Do keep trying, do keep persisting, do keep sharing. Do not isolate yourself away. Do post. PJ
Old 10-04-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi all. Home from physical therapy. I continue to make progress. At some point they will release me, but not sure when. For now it's 2 days a week probably for the next month.

I learned today that my job is more secure with one of our team members leaving in two weeks and the rest of us needing to pick up his reporting duties. Add to that, that there are a couple of open positions on our team that my boss is having trouble filling. Not able to find the right candidates. It sure makes me feel lucky to have this job. I'm still a little blown away that they made me an offer. There goes that nagging self doubt...it's been trying to sneak in the last couple of weeks. Pesky, those thoughts.

I got a call from DD's school tonight that some students from the junior high side (elementary and jr. high share a building) received a threatening "clown" message on social media. Those who are in the States, you know about this right? Those not in the States might not have heard... there are a slew of reports of people dressed as clowns acting in menacing ways (luring children, making threats of violence). The latest includes threats against schools and students over social media. I'm sure it's kids. Akin to kids calling in bomb threats when I was in school. Still, as a parent, it's a bit unnerving. Someone was arrested earlier (today? yesterday?) for making a threat against another school in a neighboring town. Moronic.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

CH- yes definitely heard of the clown bit. It is global- with so called 'kids' taking it to very distressing extremes- such as pretending graphically to kill people in public, filming people's reactions to being chased by a clown with an axe, knife... then posting it. Quite right to be concerned.. My son is 29 and because of clown horror genre- still is very anxious around them. Safety.