# 441 (permalink)  

Much better my love.
Hope you have had a good day too.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Much better my love. Hope you have had a good day too. ♥
Glad to hear. I've had a rough day too, but in the end...as the Beatles said...the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I shared more love than I required...so checkmate. Leaky toilet misers get nothing from us.

Happy thoughts Darling.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

You are wonderful Lillian. ♥
Old 10-07-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I have....let's see....about a dozen or so books on my phone, an entire TV series, a movie, and a few more eps of my another show I love (SVU), tons of music and a journal to write in. And you can charge your phone on the plane, plus there is wifi.

So no magazines or books....just electronics. Just perfect for me. I am allergic to everything, including ink.

And aussie darling ~ I am excited again. I had my little surgery (far out that was awful), and I have a new loo, and my friend Cassidy is cutting my hair later on.

Getting there, one step at a time.
I thought you already had your hair cut. This allergy to ink. A very serious medical condition. Unfortunately it has infected most of the U.S No one reads the printed word any more unless it's on Facebook or Twitter. And, to quote a popular philosopher, that's DISGUSTING. "Dear me!" (Now everyone calls each other "dear". I guess Sarah Palin would say "Deer!" Or "Here's moosing at you, kid!") I hadn't realized you had surgery. I thought the surgery was on the leaking toilet. In Washington our toilet leaked into the dining room so we had to eat in the living room. Nothing has worked in Washington, D.C. for a half century or more. I wonder whether the toilets in the Capital Building work now or whether they have gone into government "shut down".
Are you allowed to chew gum on the plane or is that a "mind altering substance"? My grandmother in law, the opera singer, chewed gum and played cards while chewing! They say that this amount of sinning may lead to dancing! If you look out the window on the Pacific from 35,000 feet, there is "no there there". Sort of a Tao thing. ("When you go anywhere, there you are!")

Bill (Unrepentant sinner)
Old 10-07-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Suze, glad to hear you're feeling better today!
Old 10-07-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

When I was young, my best friend applied for a job at a drugstore. She had to take a lie detector test. The only question she messed up was "Have you ever gambled?"

She panicked: what counts as gambling? Buying a scratch-off card at the convenience store? A friendly game of poker?

She got the job anyway, and was an exemplary employee.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

P.S. I'm Bill and I'm a dogaholic! Recent research has indicated that Massachusetts has become the center of a new and highly dangerous addiction. Apparently large numbers of dogs are being shipped into the state. Residents start out with small dogs and as tolerance develops most switch to larger and larger dogs until eventually it takes something like a Great Dane, St. Bernard or Newfoundland to feel anyway normal. These addicts used to be sent to jail for dog possession but, due to increased prison costs, only dog breeders are sent there for possession of dogs with intent to distribute. Every effort is being made to place dogaholics in rehabs where they are encouraged to taper off by petting smaller and smaller dogs until, hopefully with aftercare, they can attain dog sobriety.
Here's woofing at you, kid! (Sniff! Sniff! Sniff!)

W.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

P.S. Not everyone makes it back! I knew a feller once who went to a rehab and they got him down to one Chihuahua. But he got out. got a Great Dane and soon he and the dog ended up down in the gutter and he was writing doggerel.

W.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
orangutan

And aussie darling ~ I am excited again. I had my little surgery (far out that was awful), and I have a new loo, and my friend Cassidy is cutting my hair later on.

Getting there, one step at a time.
Good you are on the mend!!!!
and a new loo and a hair cut too !!!!!

Have a wonderful day , my dear friend.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thank you aussie darling.....so.....I got my hair cut and thought of you. From down to my waist to now hitting my bra strap....maybe 5 inches? And all layered and crazy...I feel great. My hair was always like this when I was a teenager....before I started using...before I lost my way.

I am looking in the mirror and seeing me for the first time in over 30 years.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad you like it , its a big step cutting off your locks. and look how good you feel!!!!!
I have thought of getting mine cut too but my husband likes it long so I have kept it that way. My mother is always telling me I am too old to wear it long.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Meh....people told me that for years. And then my friend Cassidy (from SF) who cut my hair said no way should anyone say that to me....long hair suits me!!

My hair is fine, so it was TOO long to sit well. Now I have bounce.
LOL, I sound like a commercial.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Thank you aussie darling.....so.....I got my hair cut and thought of you. From down to my waist to now hitting my bra strap....maybe 5 inches? And all layered and crazy...I feel great. My hair was always like this when I was a teenager....before I started using...before I lost my way.

I am looking in the mirror and seeing me for the first time in over 30 years.
Hi Suze: I haven't the lightest idea where your bra strap is, and why should i? And back in the Woodstock days... Well we aren't even going to discuss that! I'm an old geezer and I never wore a beard (armpit with eyes!) or purple eyeglasses, never said "Beam me up Scottie!"
But plumbing! That's something a man knows something about, can feel tender and caring about! Every nice lady deserve a decent toilet. And should flush it at regular intervals. If not, I could easily lose sleep over this- nightmares! Thanks for caring about plumbing. Plumbing means a lot to me... Especially since we once had a toilet that drained into the dining room. Right over the dinner table.

Bill.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Six days to go?????
Old 10-07-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Ah ha....God help me. But he does, so I will be OK. ♥
Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by soberleigh View Post
six days to go?????
nervous-2.gif
Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Suze:
The 13th! Six days from now. Next Thursday! We shall try to get an aborigine band to see you off at the airport with didgeridoos and bull roarers!

Bill
Old 10-07-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

All this talk about "Hair" has brought back memories. About somewhere in the 1960's our family was out in San Francisco and my mother, always modern, always on the cutting edge, took us to a performance of the musical, "Hair", largely to impress my younger son as to how au courant she was. So there we sat in the upper balcony while all the nude actors and actresses on stage assembled under a gigantic canvas sheet which then developed suspicious humps and bumps. I think that may have been before Woodstock where all that frenetic activity took place in the open. It was the age of communes, the "Jolly Pranksters" and Timothy Leary's failure to get the Nobel Prize for promoting LSD. The women wore flowered dresses and sung about the Age of Aquarius and the men wore long beards. People began to have a few misgivings after Charles Manson, the Sharon Tate murders and Patty Hearst's posing with what looked like an AK-47.
So all this current talk about Hair brings back memories. Thanks for a trip into a distant past, where all manner of perversions were cheerfully shared, a return to a 20th Century Garden of Eden where it was no longer necessary to eat from the Tree of Knowledge since everyone could smoke something interesting on a street corner in a hookah and learn the true meaning of life.

W.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

HAIR was the first musical I ever saw Bill. And I loved it.
And I am an Aquarian, so it is right up my alley.

Harmony and understanding.....

Old 10-08-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

My oldest son is an Aquarian, and he is the world's biggest PITA!

Of course, I love him dearly: he was actually smiling and laughing at just one week old! Not gas: a real, repeatable response to stimulus!