Notices

Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2

Old 09-24-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Fall/winter weather in Southern California is like summer most everywhere else. Sometimes it rains in December but not often. It's likely to be sunny and in the 70's (F)....think Mediterranean climate like Italy. Or...Australia.

The Santa Monica pier is fun. They have a carousel there that is charming. And Muscle Beach is right there too. If you want to come to San Diego I can come pick you up in Los Angeles. Or, I can come meet you up there and we can hang. I don't know LA as well as here, but don't worry about drugs and crime.

There are some really beautiful places here in San Diego. People come from all over the world to be here. LA is fun...perhaps you like walking on a pier and people watching like I do. There is some of the most stunning art at the Getty museum. Or, I have an extra ticket for Disneyland and we can go visit Mickey Mouse and ride teacups with Alice and Wonderland.

You're smart and you'll be safe. Especially with me. I'm a chicken.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Gish: You're probably a "Spring Chicken". I'm so old I'm a late Fall or even early Winter chicken. But I refuse to "chicken out".

Amusement parks may be fun but once riding the bumper cars gave me arthritis pains for a month. And both the Fun House and the Tunnel of Love seemed grubby and dirty, very unpleasant on a hot summer day. The Tunnel of Love could break up a marriage. Modern roller coasters invite heart attacks or strokes. The only safe place is on a bench, eating cotton candy and listening to the band.

Bill.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I used to love roller coasters till I hit 40. Then I went on one that really whipped me from side to side and my head hurt for a week.

Last time I went on one I wasn't scared, but I really didn't enjoy the drama at all.

Now my favorite rides are log flumes and the high swings!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Fall/winter weather in Southern California is like summer most everywhere else. Sometimes it rains in December but not often. It's likely to be sunny and in the 70's (F)....think Mediterranean climate like Italy. Or...Australia.

The Santa Monica pier is fun. They have a carousel there that is charming. And Muscle Beach is right there too. If you want to come to San Diego I can come pick you up in Los Angeles. Or, I can come meet you up there and we can hang. I don't know LA as well as here, but don't worry about drugs and crime.

There are some really beautiful places here in San Diego. People come from all over the world to be here. LA is fun...perhaps you like walking on a pier and people watching like I do. There is some of the most stunning art at the Getty museum. Or, I have an extra ticket for Disneyland and we can go visit Mickey Mouse and ride teacups with Alice and Wonderland.

Oh love, how wonderful....and I'm not a chicken, and you will be safe with me as well. Yes!!!! To everything yo just said....I must call you.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Roller coasters huh Gilmer love ~ that's a bit tame for me.

Love you!!!!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

This is my 17,000th post!

When I want to get really daring, I go out and crash the car!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Yes, but by mistake love.....which you need to stop doing please.

Congrats on 17000 posts ~ woot!
Old 09-24-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post

Could posting on SR be an addiction? Caroline Knapp, the author of "Pack of Two", became addicted to her dog after recovery. I also am dog addicted. And I may be SR addicted. If you quit posting would you have to go to detox to avoid seizures?
As for roller coasters, I think the last one I rode on was the old wooden one at Coney Island back in 1955. My wife, standing on the sidelines, said that when I returned my face was all grey!

W.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Thinking it over a little bit, I think that roller coasters would be a high stress thing for me and might well bring on a heart attack or stroke. I'll opt for a Keatsian exit if possible ("cease upon the midnight with no pain"). Struggling to get sober for so long was stressful enough, a roller coaster of a far different sort. I'm lucky to be alive and I owe that to my doctors and the Almighty. Having gone through all that, and at times feeling that I was only an hour or so away from death, has made me reluctant to incur further risk for the purpose of entertainment. I feel the same way about a family member who persists in off trail snowboarding, particularly dangerous in a state where marijuana is lawful.

W.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hello Venus! I'm just rushing through because I have no time these days. The baby is adorable but keeps me completely occupied and exhausted. I wanted to say Hi and that I will always be thankful for all your support. It means a lot to me. Take care of yourself.
Bunny
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hello dearest bunny.....so good to see you.

I think about you often ~ and I am so glad to hear that you and your adorable baby are so happy.
We really did this huh?

Mwwwwaaaa. ♥
Old 09-25-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Gilmer: Your "17,000 post" indicates that it is the "17,010th post". I've been posting here for ten years and have less than 3,000! Feeling quite inadequate and insufficiently addicted to SR! But this addiction may be progressive. Hope is on the way!

Bill.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Somebody has sabotaged me! Now they've made it 17, 011!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Somebody has sabotaged me! Now they've made it 17, 011!
Now it's 17,014! It's a Juggxrnaught. Now it's rolling. You can't stop it. Exponential. Soon it will be in the trillions."Lie back and think of the Empire!" (Queen Victoria)
Old 09-25-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Here you are, Suze!!!

I am so over the moon excited for you and your adventure!!!!! I think it's fantastic!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
Here you are, Suze!!!

I am so over the moon excited for you and your adventure!!!!! I think it's fantastic!
Yes, Dharma, it's "over the moon" and it's the finest adventure "under the sun". Are we all agreed on that? Hope so! It's not only "fantastic", It's fabulous, mind boggling, earth shattering. Well WHAT CAN I SAY?
Old 09-25-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

P.S. It sure is better than the so called "Super Bowl of Politics", the Presidential Candidate's Debate scheduled for tomorrow night which they say may be viewed by a million or more persons. Each one will be saying, "Look at me! I'm better than you!" This is better. The Super Bowl of reaching out to old friends and companions on the great road of recovery! To say, "We've done it all together!" That's what it's all about. That's the best way to do it. The greatest challenge! Victory over one's self. Together.

Bill.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

2 weeks and 3 days!!!!!
Old 09-25-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
2 weeks and 3 days!!!!!
I know......
Old 09-25-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

And....