Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-19-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I'm right there with y'all sadgirl and kgr, and everyone out there also on Day 1 AGAIN!!! Ugh! I hate myself for it, but I have to get thru this again, for myself and my family. I'm having the worst pain in my jaws, its tender to the touch, has anyone experienced this? It comes and goes and has been doing this all week, especially after drinking. Weird, but its giving me anxiety, so I made a doctor appointment for this afternoon. Just wondering if anyone else ever had this happen before?
Old 08-19-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Bronzie - I'm not sure why your jaw hurts but I think seeing the doctor is a great idea. Check in with us and let us know how you are doing.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Bronzie - I'm not sure why your jaw hurts but I think seeing the doctor is a great idea. Check in with us and let us know how you are doing.
Thanks kgirl, I will. I might be clenching my jar or grinding me teeth at night without even knowing it, i read, which could cause TMJ. Well I just took some ibuprofen, so maybe that will help until I get to my app t. It probably nothing, I just need to get some better coping skills and kick the bad habits (drinking and cigs).
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...happy Friday afternoon,

I had a brief moment to catch up on posts..

Suzuii, kgr103110, and nicole36....welcome..glad to have you here..and Nicole, I certainly can relate to that feeling of disappointing family, driving drunk kids and going to school functions. I lived like that for years and it was gross! Glad you're here...

Elicia....I am with you as far as triggers..I am much worse home alone sneaking drinks than out with friends where I am accountable.

Never thought and kgirl, I am in the pact as well to always come back to SR shame free!!

Bexxed...good luck with your visit from your partners parents..I hope all goes well.

Sadsadgirl and bronzie.....welcome back...just a bump in the road. Keep posting on SR and you will feel better xo

Hugs to all for a sober Friday xoxo
Old 08-19-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi everyone...happy Friday afternoon,

Never thought and kgirl, I am in the pact as well to always come back to SR shame free!!

Hugs to all for a sober Friday xoxo
Super All aboard!

Augustables
Old 08-19-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Night guys! Time to go to bed here. End of day 10!

Bronzie and SSG, keep strong there, this will get better and you will end up sober and happy people. Just take your time and build your plan.

P
Old 08-19-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Mood swings....

Not sure why, but on the way home from my sisters house I became increasingly sad and angry. I don't like being inside my head right now. Briefly entertained the idea of just sayin f-it and getting something to drink, but I thought it through and remembered the shakes and anxiety I was having that only another drink (or 20) would fix. I DO NOT want to go back there. Anyway... Came home and came here. No booze for now. Hope you're all doing well...
Old 08-19-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Not sure why, but on the way home from my sisters house I became increasingly sad and angry. I don't like being inside my head right now. Briefly entertained the idea of just sayin f-it and getting something to drink, but I thought it through and remembered the shakes and anxiety I was having that only another drink (or 20) would fix. I DO NOT want to go back there. Anyway... Came home and came here. No booze for now. Hope you're all doing well...
Hi Elicia, Good job. Stay strong this evening. I'm ending my work day by checking in here and all afternoon I've been thinking of my traditional Friday routine of stopping to get a bottle on my way home. You've giving me the strength to just go home. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

This is my first teetering on the ledge moment since my 10 day sobriety. Fed up with my husband and how insanely unsupportive he is being through all this. I've been trying really hard to go outside of my comfort zone and try things that normally cause me a lot of anxiety, and instead of encouragement of how much progress (I think) I've made in the last 10 days... he keeps bringing up the fact that I've been weighing him down for years with all my problems and how I never stop.

I was going to go to a bar with him later because his friends band is playing, and although I was nervous to be in a bar for the first time since, but felt I had a handle on the situation and it would be a great step forward for me. But we got into a fight about how he can't handle my ******** anymore, and he stormed out... I'm sure I won't see him until tomorrow morning.

All I want to do is rush out to the liquor store because I know it's closing in about a half hour. I feel completely defeated.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alyssa11 View Post
This is my first teetering on the ledge moment since my 10 day sobriety. Fed up with my husband and how insanely unsupportive he is being through all this. I've been trying really hard to go outside of my comfort zone and try things that normally cause me a lot of anxiety, and instead of encouragement of how much progress (I think) I've made in the last 10 days... he keeps bringing up the fact that I've been weighing him down for years with all my problems and how I never stop.

I was going to go to a bar with him later because his friends band is playing, and although I was nervous to be in a bar for the first time since, but felt I had a handle on the situation and it would be a great step forward for me. But we got into a fight about how he can't handle my ******** anymore, and he stormed out... I'm sure I won't see him until tomorrow morning.

All I want to do is rush out to the liquor store because I know it's closing in about a half hour. I feel completely defeated.
((((Alyssa)))) Hang in there, sweetie. He's probably just having a hard time figuring out how to react to you and interact with you since you are no longer drinking. Try to hold on to your sobriety. No one is worth giving that up. Things may work out with him and they may not. Either way, you will handle it better if you're sober. Stay here with us...
Old 08-19-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Nicole and Suzii

I can't stress enough to all you guys - please post here BEFORE you drink. No, It's not much fun, but you'll be so glad afterwards hat you stayed sober

whatever other support you have or do not have, there'll always be support here - right across the weekend

D
Old 08-19-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
PT1

Hey everyone, I got linked to this thread in mt intro thread by another poster, hope you're all holding up ok tonight, technically on Day 6 at the moment.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PT1 View Post
Hey everyone, I got linked to this thread in mt intro thread by another poster, hope you're all holding up ok tonight, technically on Day 6 at the moment.
Welcome to the class PT!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Stay strong tonight everyone we can make this a nice sober weekend..
End of day 4 for me.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Stay strong Alyssa!!!! Don't drink...post here...the problems will only get worse if you drink.

We are here for you xoxo
Old 08-19-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Hi Elicia, Good job. Stay strong this evening. I'm ending my work day by checking in here and all afternoon I've been thinking of my traditional Friday routine of stopping to get a bottle on my way home. You've giving me the strength to just go home. Thanks.
Glad I could be of service, Quincy! Hope you're still hanging in there...
Old 08-19-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Liquor stores are officially closed now, so I couldn't get anything even if I tried. Still feel awful emotionally... and extremely disappointed in the lack of support from the person I crave it from the most, but trying to look at the positive and definitely proud of myself for holding out on a very difficult night.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Partner's parents are here. I went into the kitchen to heat something up, they are all drinking. I had an unbelievable moment where I almost drank when asked and I took water. It's amazing how fast it happens. I have a ceramic wine glass you can't see through, put kombucha tea in it. Doing much better.

I hate how fast things can change in my brain.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Welcome PT1 to the August Class. It has saved me today. Thank you to everyone. Sounds like everyone is holding their own so far for the evening. Tomorrow is another day. Hope it goes as well as today.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

welcome, Nicole! hang in there, bronzie - you can do it! glad you came right back! alyssa - so sorry for what you're going through - we are proud of you for staying strong. great job, bexxed!!