Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Welcome bexxed! Stay close and share with us, let this be Day 1

I'm up for another sober weekend too!

It's day 12 here and I had a drinking nightmare last night. I don't remember lots of details but I was drunk and hating myself for relapsing. I remember crying, and then at one point I was driving. I just remember the overwhelming feeling of shame of how I did this to myself again. Then I woke up so happy that it was a dream. Has anyone else ever had this?

As bad of a dream as it was, it was kind of a nice reminder of how awful drinking again would be..and I didn't even have to relapse to feel it. If only there was some way I could control that and have nightmares any time I get a craving, hah.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hello.

Sadly on Day 4 I drank. I had cravings this morning but unfortunately didn't fight them off hard enough. I didn't just have a couple of drinks, I drank more than a bottle. I feel I've let myself down and all you lovely people who support us all down. Am just flat. But I can't go back.

Getting ready for bed. Will drink lots of water and hopefully will sleep OK. Here's to a sober weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday WILL be sober. Now I'm looking forward to being sober again.

Night all, yours disappointed, NL.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Oh, Gretel, I sooooo know that feeling!!!

Huge relief when u realize it was all just a horrible dream!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I hope you get some rest, NL.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hang tough, NL, and don't beat yourself up with the biggest hickory stick u can find, OK?

Remember-- it doesn't matter how many times we fall down; but rather how many times we pick ourselves back up ☺️

Take care of yourself today, drink lots of water, cozy jammies, rest and recharge for a better tomorrow ❤️
Old 08-12-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

NL, sorry you drank Start again today. Also, if you get cravings, you should post here. I've read a few posts where people come for help and avoid relapse just by talking it out here.

Do you know what made you want to drink? If you can recognize it, then it will help you fight it off the next time.
Also, do you have a plan? You may have said so already, but I can't remember reading it if so. Everyone here always asks what your plan is, and I think it's really important to have one. We all are going to face the challenges and the AV, but it's in our best interest to have as many tools as we can to fight it the next go round.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Thanks Gretel and CountryGal! No I don't have a plan but I have been told about HALT.

The silly thing is, today I was offered some nice wine. I drank it as it was nice wine. I would have been OK not drinking any more but I carried on at home, alone, my downfall. I suppose that comes under Lonely. I chose to drink, my fault. What was it that was said in June class? Only takes one drink. Yup!

My first goal was to go 10 days sober. That hasn't happened. So next step, fight off cravings, get back to being sober. And now I have a headache! grr! humph. more water needed!!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I'm doing something different by posting on day one. I made it into the shower, drove to work, have the SR app on my phone (again) and now I'm in the office at my desk. I have a meeting in an hour and a half that will likely be difficult but that is probably the worst thing today and will probably just be exhausting. I can go home three hours after it ends and there is a yoga class I can go to after I get home and walk the dog. That puts me at 7 pm and I should be able to relax with soda water and be asleep early. #plans

In the interest of staying positive, it is a beautiful late summer day. 85 degrees with puffy pretty clouds.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Glad u have a plan for today, Bexxed!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

NL, soooo have been there...glad to c you're back!

It's that old saying, one is too many; and 1,000 is never enough...
Old 08-12-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

My afternoon has made a turn for the worse. I want to drink so badly right now. I'm agitated and trying to figure out a way to drink. So I'm here telling on my AV!!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Glad you're here kgirl!!!!

Play that tape all the way through - we're all here for a reason

You're worth it!!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I know I keep telling myself I will regret it. I'll feel crappy tomorrow and just get further behind on everything. It's just that the craving is so strong right now. Ugh.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
I know I keep telling myself I will regret it. I'll feel crappy tomorrow and just get further behind on everything. It's just that the craving is so strong right now. Ugh.
do u have something else u could do? Take a walk? Go for a run? Call a non-drinking buddy? Under water basket weaving? Self pedicure? Bake your favorite cookies?
Old 08-12-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

kgirl - write out - either for yourself or post here - what would happen if you had a drink tonight. Write out your whole night, morning, and rest of the weekend. It will help, I promise!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
do u have something else u could do? Take a walk? Go for a run? Call a non-drinking buddy? Under water basket weaving? Self pedicure? Bake your favorite cookies?
I'm currently shoving dark chocolate in my mouth and chugging water. The craving is becoming manageable.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Great advice kgirl!

Luv me some dark chocolate! Know what else? Maybe your body is just craving some of the sugar it's used to...I've been keep dark chocolate and hard candy with me...last night I needed oj in the middle of the night...think I just needed to give it some sugar
Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
kgirl - write out - either for yourself or post here - what would happen if you had a drink tonight. Write out your whole night, morning, and rest of the weekend. It will help, I promise!
That's a good idea, I'll go grab my journal.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

It was a great exercise a sweet SR member suggested in my March class and it was a wake-up call when you write out the bad. Not romanticize the good. It was called "Think through the Drink" - written down.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Welcome bexxed..glad to see you here xo.

Northern lass...you did the right thing by posting here. Don't beat yourself up. I have found most recently that HALT is my single trigger.. I am a teacher and home all summer. ...Equals....LONELY.!!! I love the summer but my kids are grown and lots of time in my own head...not good.
stay close xox we are here for you...

Sober Friday to all xo