Old 08-01-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
I am heading to the bay to walk next to the water
Sounds pretty blissful Fred - hope you had a nice walk
Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Checking in. Thinking about finding something on Netflix. Also a big bowl of ice cream hopefully.

Thinking of everyone, sorry not responding individually. You're all on my mind.
Hi Apple!! There is never a bad time for ice cream!! DH came home with the most amazing chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt (heathy right?!?) last night....thinking about eating one right now
Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Sam

A long time ago, my husband and I went through marriage counseling because we had come to that proverbial fork in the road where we were seriously thinking about divorce. One family social worker met with us and told us that the first step was to write down every complaint we had against each other.....every resentment...write down anything we didn't like about our spouse.

I tried to write, but just couldn't do it. Every time I started to criticize him, I just kept thinking - "this isn't me." It made me cry every time I started to write. Turned out he couldn't do it either. We didn't want to hurt each other. We were just lost and not sure how to move forward.

So, I dunno - Maybe writing it down is causing too much pain and ask if there's another direction she/he can suggest?

Your story - is yours. You get to decide who you tell and don't tell. I bet when the time seems right, you'll know who you can trust with it.

Time for some tea??
Lillian - thank you so much for this. I think I have been so focused on trying to do this because all the professionals in my life say it is the right thing. But you're right my story is mine and I get to decide when I am ready to tell it and when I just might need more time. Hugs!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:51 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
What can I say? You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for your help and posts today! I made it through the day sober. It took me the first half of the day to get rid of that panicky feeling. THEN my AV started trying to convince me to drink!!! But I ignored it,

I ended up staying busy in the house, exercising, taking a walk with my husband, listening to some relaxing music and being nice to myself. Not a great day or a productive one but I stayed sober so that's a win!

Thank you again guys! I'm off to bed! I'm praying for no nightmares! Love u all!
Kiki - I love you! Thank you so much for all that you bring to this group. You are an integral part of my recovery. 😊
Old 08-01-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all, I have been lurking (I am not drinking) but have not been posting for a reason. Kiki, I am so sorry for your triggers etc, but I have to disagree ....not everyone's alcoholism is fueled by abuse, etc. I was raised in a wonderful loving family and now have a husband, 2 beautiful girls .... basically the American Dream and I still am battling this eff'in disease. I really feel for what you went through ...can't even imagine my friend hugs.
Hi LB!! Im really glad you're here!!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Work is over. Good, solid night. I'm pooped. But I'm sober. Thanks to everyone here for helping me make it one more day. Time for one hour of video games and then bed. Sweet dreams all! Keep an eye on us, Bat-immri!

Glad you had a good night Casey! Sleep well!!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi Sam Thanks for your PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 9. I am checking in with a sleeping baby laying across me in my bed. I will soak that up and enjoy the positive part that she is in fact sleeping.

I'm glad some spirits are lifted - you are all showing so much strength powering through tough feelings - and some great words of advice being given out!

Sam - doesn't "frozen yogurt" = healthier?! Haha. That flavor sounds amazing. I had some lemon raspberry swirl ice cream in bed. Yum.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Kiki - well done girl. Sober day far outweighs a productive day. I hope you had a good nights sleep and a fabulous Monday!

Time for swim lessons again for my two bigger kiddo's, and soccer game tonight. I actually need to be productive in between. We shall see how the kids like that haha.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good morning, class. Will be off the grid for a bit- so here's to a sober, fantastic week to you all!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Aw Bobbie! Vacation?

I am missing people's posting what's going on!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Just for today. Medical procedure. You know, because I'm 50.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi all, I have been lurking (I am not drinking) but have not been posting for a reason. Kiki, I am so sorry for your triggers etc, but I have to disagree ....not everyone's alcoholism is fueled by abuse, etc. I was raised in a wonderful loving family and now have a husband, 2 beautiful girls .... basically the American Dream and I still am battling this eff'in disease. I really feel for what you went through ...can't even imagine my friend hugs.
Hi Ladybug! Great to hear from you and I'm so glad you're still sober. :-)

Yes, you're right about trauma. That's why I said "most" people with addictions have trauma in their past. (Maybe I should have said "many") I know several people who had a wonderful childhood too and are still alcoholics/addicts.

A dear friend of mine had amazing parents & a loving home, was college educated, a great career, beautiful.... and sadly she passed away a few years ago of alcoholism at a very young age. She just couldn't stop. She would have a few weeks or months of sobriety (even had 7 months once) and she would think she could drink again. Each time she relapsed it got harder and harder to stop until one day it became impossible. Her disease had progressed too far. She died. :-( Left 4 young children and a husband behind. I miss her so much. :-(

Anyway...I'm so glad you had wonderful loving parents. You are very lucky. I hope your little lady buglets are doing well. :-)

Here is a link to info about why trauma causes addiction in many people if you're interested.

http://www.recovery.org/pro/articles...perfect-sense/

Love u! Xo
Old 08-01-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Kiki - I love you! Thank you so much for all that you bring to this group. You are an integral part of my recovery. dde0a
I love you too Sam! Xo

I love everyone here!!!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Kiki - well done girl. Sober day far outweighs a productive day. I hope you had a good nights sleep and a fabulous Monday! Time for swim lessons again for my two bigger kiddo's, and soccer game tonight. I actually need to be productive in between. We shall see how the kids like that haha.
Thx Apple!!! Xo
Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Aw Bobbie! Vacation? I am missing people's posting what's going on!
No, Bobbie just has a busy day. :-) She'll be back really soon.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Just for today. Medical procedure. You know, because I'm 50.
Oops! You already answered. Lol
Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Checking in! Day 25. I didn't have nightmares last night but I had a dream that I had a watermelon garden and I couldn't find a place that was sunny enough to plant it. Haha.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi Ladybug! Great to hear from you and I'm so glad you're still sober. :-)

Yes, you're right about trauma. That's why I said "most" people with addictions have trauma in their past. (Maybe I should have said "many") I know several people who had a wonderful childhood too and are still alcoholics/addicts.

A dear friend of mine had amazing parents & a loving home, was college educated, a great career, beautiful.... and sadly she passed away a few years ago of alcoholism at a very young age. She just couldn't stop. She would have a few weeks or months of sobriety (even had 7 months once) and she would think she could drink again. Each time she relapsed it got harder and harder to stop until one day it became impossible. Her disease had progressed too far. She died. :-( Left 4 young children and a husband behind. I miss her so much. :-(

Anyway...I'm so glad you had wonderful loving parents. You are very lucky. I hope your little lady buglets are doing well. :-)

Here is a link to info about why trauma causes addiction in many people if you're interested.

Trauma and Addiction: 7 Reasons Your Habit Makes Perfect Sense

Love u! Xo
Hi Kiki, I hope I didn't come across as sounding insensitive .... I'm just having such a hard time figuring out why I turn to alcohol. I can't imagine what you, and many others, have gone through and can certainly understand how alcohol could become a problem. I have nothing to escape and still am an alcoholic ... that's how scary this disease is.

Hope you have a great day!! Much love xxx
Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki, I hope I didn't come across as sounding insensitive .... I'm just having such a hard time figuring out why I turn to alcohol. I can't imagine what you, and many others, have gone through and can certainly understand how alcohol could become a problem. I have nothing to escape and still am an alcoholic ... that's how scary this disease is. Hope you have a great day!! Much love xxx
No worries LB. You didn't come across as insensitive. :-)

Alcoholism is a brain disease. It has many causes but the end result is the same. We are not bad people trying to be good. We are sick people trying to get well.

Just know this: you are LOVED! Xo