Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 26

Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 138. Getting closer and closer to my record-breaking day 146. I wish AA had a 146 day chip but I guess I'll just have to wait a few more days after that and settle for a 5 month chip.

Off work today. I went to bed before 11 last night and just slept in until 11 this morning. Guess I needed it after the late hours I've been keeping lately. No real plans for the day. Probably go to an AA meeting this evening.

Losing 24 pounds is an amazing benefit of sobriety, Kayak. Keep on doing the next right thing, my friend.

Enjoy your busy day, Samantha. I look forward to your next check-in.

I am 100% with you on knowing the miseries of drinking by heart, Pelagic. Good thing we never have to go down that road again.

Hope you got some more sleep, beerbgone.

Glad the baby didn't get up five times, Applekat. Hang in there--she'll get this sleep thing down eventually. They all do.

Sorry you overslept, Bobbieka. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Pretty short check-in list this morning. Hope everyone else is doing well and will check in shortly. Build up those accountability muscles!

Remember it's the first drink that is the problem. You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what is going on in your life and/or head.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 138, Casey. I am very proud of you.

Oversleeping didn't really bother me. Just a little rattled this morning, that's over though. My daughter brought me my phone, so all is good.

I have mtg tonight, plus my therapy appointment was pushed to tonight. I get a whole evening of just recovery. I think I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know after.

Have a great day, Casey!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Checking in real quick. Had to take my son to the doctors and now I am running out the door to an AA meeting. I will catch up on the posts later. I hope everyone is having an amazing day!

Day 21.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi guys! Checking in real quick. Had to take my son to the doctors and now I am running out the door to an AA meeting. I will catch up on the posts later. I hope everyone is having an amazing day!

Day 21.

Day 21! You go, girl! Kicking some alcoholic butt, Kiki!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Good morning everyone it's going to be a beautiful day.

Kiki thank you for the homework

I think yesterday was a very powerful and
Enlightening assignment. It opened my eyes to the fact that I'm not in this journey alone. And I'm very grateful that I'm sharing this experience with you the class of March.

I know it wasn't easy to share some of your experiences thank you for all the honesty and hugs to everyone that's going through trying times I love you all
I got a lot out of it to. I let my husband read mine. I was kind of teary as he read it. He hugged me and said they should have been more present for me. I was a bit confused, but it was really sweet. I'll never be able to use the pillow case again. lol I never would anyway, I don't drink.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi all! Oh man I slept sooooo good last night. Just cleaning, laundry and the dreaded Costco run today. Though I haven't checked I'm sure it's going to be about 1000 degrees again today. Blah

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good morning all!

Good homework yesterday, thanks Kiki. It helped, as Kayak wrote, to see that others were in the same boat. I started to write mine but somehow it turned into a real trigger so I backed away from it. It sounds strange maybe but I was drinking for so long that even the miseries were practically normal. Blackouts? I remember my first one. It did indeed scare me but sadly that was in 1998, and there must have been hundreds since then. It got to be no big deal, just fake my way through the aftermath.

But after my last debacle (about half of which I was able to figure out after the fact) I'm through with alcohol. I know the miseries by heart I suppose, but I'm not out of the woods yet. Definitely day by day.

My bloodwork lab requisition has been sitting here for 3 weeks now. I guess I'll stop by this morning and have it done. I've put together a lot of sobriety since March so I hope it's better than it was.

Off for a quick 15 mile bike ride, then down to it. Have a great day one and all.
Good morning, Pelagic! Hope the ride was good. Bet you wouldn't have done that in Cincinnati! Get the blood work done so you can address any issues if you need to or stop worrying if you get to.

You are doing a great job!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Just want to say how thankful I am for all the posts and people in this group!

LB hope all is well!

Baby girl *only* got up 4 times last night.

Only 4 times, huh? Lucky you.

We are thankful for you, Applekat.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Re-Member

"Dreaded" Costco? Try living without one for a while and it'll make you appreciate those visits, PeacefulRain. I miss Costco so much. Anyways, have a nice day.

Congrats on three weeks, KiKi.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Hi all! Oh man I slept sooooo good last night. Just cleaning, laundry and the dreaded Costco run today. Though I haven't checked I'm sure it's going to be about 1000 degrees again today. Blah

Have a great day everyone!!!
Good to hear you slept great. I have to confess, I love Costco/Sam's.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Well I went into work late and I left early - on my way home now....I don't think I've ever done this before (even drinking) so I'm feeling a little naughty. Lol. I did stop and get a Blueberry Jam iced tea - which is amazing, as they all are.

Work was annoying and I could feel my patience wearing thin. That's the main reason I left. But I can't do that every day so I've got to find another way to deal with it. Maybe a change coming down the road....

Anyways all is good here - feeling pretty positive. Will catch up later (maybe after some retail therapy)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Well I went into work late and I left early - on my way home now....I don't think I've ever done this before (even drinking) so I'm feeling a little naughty. Lol. I did stop and get a Blueberry Jam iced tea - which is amazing, as they all are.

Work was annoying and I could feel my patience wearing thin. That's the main reason I left. But I can't do that every day so I've got to find another way to deal with it. Maybe a change coming down the road....

Anyways all is good here - feeling pretty positive. Will catch up later (maybe after some retail therapy)
Blueberry jam iced tea sounds amazing! I want your tea store.

Have a great time shopping! I'm doing a bit of that before my dr. appointment.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good morning, Pelagic! Hope the ride was good. Bet you wouldn't have done that in Cincinnati! Get the blood work done so you can address any issues if you need to or stop worrying if you get to.

You are doing a great job!
Thanks, Bobbie, you're doing great as well! Glad your husband is on board. That can make a huge difference.

The ride was nice, a cool morning on an easy route along the river, passing fields of tomatoes and blooming sunflowers. I'll work up to hills again. We've got some killer hills around here.

Yesterday's "run," on the other hand, kicked my butt. Definitely some unused muscles involved. But I'll go out again tomorrow. My wife left me in the dust yesterday but she's glad I'm trying it.

Casey, what can I say? We are all proud of you. Congrats! We'll have to celebrate when you break your record.

Kayak, I meant to congratulate you on losing the weight. I imagine that will help with your feet as well. Way to go!

Everybody is sounding strong today. Let's keep it that way!!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Casey congrats on 138. You are awesome. I can't wait until next Friday to give you some fireworks!

Kayak well done on the weight loss! A nice bonus with the gift of sobriety.

Sam you're giving me lots of ideas for new tasty drinks! Now I just need to go find them.

Pelagic you've inspired me to get my butt moving a bit more than it already does. Even though I always hit 10000 steps minimum, as you said, I'm sure there's tons of muscles that haven't been used in awhile.

PR (Bobbie/Casey) we LOVE Costco here. It's new to the area. My husband - cheap, remember guys? - loves taking the kids to "lunch" there for the 1.50 hot dog and drink special. And the kids adore the samples. Yum.

Hi Kiki! Hi BBG! Hi everyone!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Thank you Apple Kat
Old 07-28-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Some days seem easy some days seem difficult as hell
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Re-Member

But they'll all be worse at the bottom of a bottle.

Hang in there everyone who is struggling today. It does get better. I promise.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Quiet in here again this afternoon - how is everyone??

DH and I are going out for breakfast for dinner - I am so excited!! Lol Then maybe a movie....not too sure yet. I will check in later
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Have fun Sam!
Old 07-28-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, afternoon check in! My AA meeting was good. I was slightly inpatient and intolerant but I just said a prayer every time someone said something that annoyed me. There are 2 people in the Thursday meeting I go to that are soooooo annoying!!! OMG! lol. It's like fingernails on a chalk board.

Overall the meeting was really good though. There was a new girl there for her first AA meeting ever that had tried to stay sober alone and couldn't. She had 2 black eyes because the last time she drank she fell on her face but can't remember what happened. I am soooo glad I don't drink anymore!

I'm glad some of you liked the homework. Sam keeps asking me to post more!!! hahahaha. SAM....is working VERY hard at her sobriety!

Kayak....I agree....some days are definitely harder than others. But the good news is our worst days sober is still better than our best day drunk! (I promise)! Are you feeling a little better? Edit: I am glad that the homework helped you. You are definitely not alone...EVER! HOW HAVE YOU LOST 24 POUNDS? Have you been exercising more? Or is it solely from the lack of alcohol?

Bobbie, that was extremely brave of you to share your homework with your husband. I don't think I could do that. Edit: You overslept AGAIN? Alarm not working? haha. That DOES feel so weird when I don't have my phone. I feel naked!!! Enjoy your ENTIRE evening of recovery! That's awesome!

Casey...you are rolling right along. I am so proud of you! Edit: WOW! 12 hours of sleep? Do you sleep soundly the entire night or do you wake up a few times? I wake up a bunch of times when I sleep. It's annoying.

Immri, I am so glad you weren't tempted by all the wine at your work function last night! Im not sure I am that strong yet.

AppleKat...That "Think through the Drink" homework has always helped me too. I have a more detailed version of mine with more "blood, guts and vomit" in my iphone notes. When I have a craving I just read it and it helps! Edit: We are grateful for you too and I am really glad your baby only woke you up 4 times. I hope you are more rested today.

PeacefulRain: A PJ day sounds like a blast! We all need one of those once in a while! I had one last week...I watched an entire SEASON of a Netflix show in 1 day. 12 one hour episodes. haha. Edit: I love Costco too! It's only supposed to be 999 degrees HERE today. lol

Sam: I can't believe how early you get up!!! haha. I am much more likely to go to bed at that time of day then GET UP! I totally understand...how DID we do life hungover? The farther away I get from my last drink the more hellish my old life seems! Your blueberry tea sounds awesome! What are they testing your blood work for Sam? I am sure it will come back fine!

BBG: HOW ARE YOU???

Pelagic: I am glad you didn't do that homework if it triggered you. It is mean't to help, not hurt. I am so glad that you are still here with us and trying. You are doing great! I hope your blood work comes back fine! A QUICK 15 mile bike ride? How fast do you ride??? lol Edit: Your bike ride sounds like it was beautiful!

I hope everyone else is doing ok! Have a great evening!!!

*1Stepup
*AppleKat
*Beerbgone (BBG)
*Bobbie
*Casey
*Clearlyheaded
*Fred
*immri
*Jemma
*Kayak63
*Keets
*Kiki (me!!! :-))