Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 26

Old 08-01-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Congrats on the blood work Sam!

Unsweetined is ok. She has had intense chapters of her life and did drugs in addition to drinking. Also she had $$ to throw around for all that. Eh. I bought it when Fuller House premiered on Netflix lol since I grew up watching Full House.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Checking in. Whats this about surgery Bobbie? Hope alls well. I'm actually sponsoring someone to undergo surgery next week.

It's in the hospital I was born also so I'm gonna factor that in too. Scene of the crime and all. Long day here peeps, I went to AA.

Had a great conversation with 2 ex professionals afterwards. Both in the fellowship and both have worked in the field before.

They put me right on a few things and I really appreciate that. Went to Al- Anon then this evening as I having those issues too.

Got some stuff off my mind, so I guess it was a productive day then. Hope all are well here, I need to catch up on some threads.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

time to do some studying for my smartrecovery meeting it starts at 8:30 goes to 10, I did not mention Friday I was going to drink came home instead posted some stuff here then went to a great smart meeting. If I just pick up a recovery tool or get busy the urge to drink passes.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Night guys! Another sober day. AA meeting was great!

MITA..so good to see you.

Sam...so glad your blood work came back fine! 950 calories isn't that bad! You crack me up!

Applekat...good night!

Fred....good night!

Bobbie...glad your procedure is over & went well!

Soacegoat...you sound great! I may start Alanon some day too. Many people have said it would help me.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Done with work. Started out slow but got busy enough for a little while there. I'm pooped. Going to go play some video games for an hour or so and then try to go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Inching ever closer to my record-breaking day 146 on Friday. Thanks to all of you for helping me make it one more day. Sweet dreams everyone. Give the Beast and the Burden a good belly rub for me, immri.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Checking in. Better late than never.

I'll be rooting for you Casey ~ Friday will be a great accomplishment.

Bobbie, hope you're feeling better!

Space ~ I always admire you for going to meetings and making the effort.

Lillian....is very tired after a tough day. Sober and very very sleepy.

Good night all. May all your dreams be sweet.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Actually I just looked up the McDonald's nutrition facts and I am fairly certain my run did not burn 950 calories.....
950 calories is a nice, little snack! Hope you enjoyed it

Good morning all - things are getting back to semi-normal. House has been on the market for a little over a week. Plenty of showings and nice comments, but no offers yet. I was checking on the local market and the average time on the market in my town is 2 months. Man, I hope it does not take that long!

Bobbie, you should be back to 100% today. Maybe you'll need a trip to McD's?!

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-02-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Morning all. Checking in. On my way to work later than normal - I was absolutely exhausted last night and had a tough time getting up this morning. But I am up now and debating stopping for a tea
DH has an MRI scheduled for 1:15am tonight (technically tomorrow I guess) so I will be going to that with him and then trying to sleep a little more. Seems like a weird time for a test but I guess they are probably not very busy that early.
Well I am off - will be back throughout the day - stay sober everyone!!
Old 08-02-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Good morning, Class. Yes, MITA, feeling good today. Might run tonight. We'll see. I slept all freaking day yesterday. Not going to lie, it was bliss. Now, to catch up on a day's work. Should take about 30 minutes.

Sam, 1:30 sounds like a crazy time for an MRI. Wish him luck from us.

Talk more later. Thanks for the nice msgs about the procedure, it truly was not that big of a deal, just uncomfortable. Growing up sucks sometimes.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Day 26. Busy day. My daughter has an eye doctor AND regular doctor appt and then I have to be a taxi driver all afternoon & evening again. Ugh.

School starts in 2 weeks and then things will slow down a little bit...I hope. Maybe not because then all their sports start! Lol

HOW DID I EVER HAVE TIME TO DRINK AND BE HUNGOVER? OMG!

Choose life! Don't drink!

Have a great day everyone!!! Xo
Old 08-02-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 143. I guessed that was a prime number but it is not. 11*13=143. I have looked up enough "is X a prime number" over the last 20+ weeks that Google now automatically completes any number searches I do with that phrase. Kinda creepy.

I said last night I was going to try to go to bed at a reasonable hour. That didn't happen. Stayed up until almost three in the morning playing video games and then still had trouble sleeping after that. So I'm betting a nap is in my early afternoon future. Work tonight then off for two days.

I've only ever owned one house in my life and it sold in less than a week and I was out of the house in less than a month, ManInTheArena. Hope your sale goes just as quickly and smoothly. Though I remember now that I had to use a decent amount of the money received from that sale towards getting me out of the trouble caused by my first (and hopefully only) DWI. Man, the money I wasted on drinking over the years.

Thank you for the kind words, LillianG. Hope work is going OK for you.

That is a crazy hour for an MRI, Samantha. Glad you're able to be there for your husband and hope all is well.

Glad you're healing fast, Bobbieka.

Congrats on day 26, KiKi.

Where's everyone else? Hope all is OK and people check in soon. While typing this, I've decided to start my day off right and get to a noon AA meeting. I may regret that long bike ride by the time I get back home but it seems like a good idea for now. Talk to everyone later. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hi guys, day 10.

Enjoy the meeting Casey! Looking forward to Friday for you.

School doesn't start here until 9/6 Kiki. Ahhh. And even then I just have one going off to full day school.

The days are long but the years are short!
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Well, my phone quit. Will be going to the apple store today I hope. Feels weird, but I can be reached several other ways. Have gotten so used to it, I feel like I'm missing something vital not having it. I'll probably post with my ipad tonight. 1st world problems.

Am having a good day. Hope everyone else is.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Yeah man, was planning to get an early one last night also but the universe had other idea's. I was up until well after 5 am.

Still tired. I may or may not go to a meeting this evening, it's out of town so I would have to ask for a lift (which I don't like)

Have to go out and get milk for someone in any case. Just checking in. Bobbie I am glad that you are ok. You're a busy bee.

Kiki I think so too as its a much more sensitive affair. I go occasionally if Im feeling a bit off kilter and before that too even.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I like your signature, Goat. Do or do not. Good motto.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

True that, Bobbie. I heard you mention something about growing up? Dont do it...

It's a trap. Hey check this out on your iPad later (https://youtu.be/GITb6rzpTWM)
Old 08-02-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

I watched it. "Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter. " "Feel the force,"

Pretty cool. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Checking in with you wonderful people! I missed stopping by yesterday-- have been pretty busy. Good to see we're all doing well, but I hope some of our missing comrades come back! Come back!

Bobbieka, I, umm, have avoided "the 50 thing" so far, but my Dr. ordered it (again) so I guess I have that to look forward to. Good to hear it went well for you.

I took off the dunce cap and donned some ice cream instead. Ice cream makes me smile.

Although that ice cream looks a little like "lucky golden poo." You can google that.

Stay sober everyone, and have a great day!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
"Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter."
Easy to forget by times. 'What did you forget?' another Zen teacher Alan Watt's said.

Speaking of which somone told me this recently or I could say that they reminded me…

It gave me pure chills even thinking about it You know that groove over your lips?

When the time comes for the child to be born the angel extinguishes the light in the womb and brings forth the child into the world. And the instant the child emerges the angel lightly strikes its finger to the child’s lip, as if to say “Shh...”

I tend to believe in reincarnation of souls btw You have a great day over there hey!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Well I spoke to soon the other day and that migraine came back and with a vengeance! TKO and PeacefulRain went down like a sack of potatoes! I took one of my husbands pain pills, they helped but didn't completely take the pain away but I felt high. I was not liking that at all and the bizarre dreams that came with it. No thanks! Last night after 3 Tylenol and 14 hours of sleep I woke up pain free! That was brutal!

I hope everyone is well, I'll have to go back and catch up with thread.