Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Jacks, got my mini blizzard, totally woth5it, now watching terminator #456 with the boy. Lol.

Sunflower, sorry to hear of your troubles, hang in there and try to communicate as much as you can. My heart goes out to you. Congrats on day 11! Many more will come your way!

The craving and anxiety did past shortly after I posted and before I got the ice cream, I just needed to get my mind right. It definitely feels like I conquered a major thing overcoming tonight's craving.

🦄"Without struggle, there can be no progress." Frederick Douglas🦄
Old 07-15-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Finishing up Day 9 and really looking forward to waking up to the longest stretch I have ever managed. I had a brief moment of craving as a hectic Friday ended, but I'm thankfully so busy that I don't have time to consider it too much. I know that opportunity and craving will meet in my future as life returns to its normal pace. I'm hoping my strength will increase as I get more time under my belt. Coming here and reading about y'all's experiences has helped tremendously. I am keeping everyone close to my heart as we learn and grow and stumble together. Goodnight, fellow July soldiers.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I had the hardest day ever. I am so tired, I can't even relate it all to you now. The gist of it is, the little tramp that is my supposed assistant totally threw me under the bus once again, even though we have met and talked every day since last time so that I can get some idea of what is going on with her and try to make the entire community fit to her needs. I have been purposefully very supportive, almost to the point of bowing at her feet.
And the corporate folks totally bought her crap, and now, the only thing she has to do is activities on one neighborhood. The whole total of the rest is on me and the other assistant. I am just sick over it.
The good news is, there are lots of other jobs out there and I am a strong, sober woman with lots of abilities, a strong work ethic, and if I get my grown kids out of my wallet, I need very little to live on.
I have to work all weekend. She was supposed to work this weekend, but now, even though she is working, she will only be able to do 'her' neighborhood. So, I will be coming in to do the other two as well as all of the director (that's me) work that I couldn't do all week because I was busy trying to accommodate her. I guess I will take off Tuesday and Wednesday, that will bite their a**es good. I will spend those days job hunting!
Thanks for being there July people!

Last edited by KarenOskie; 07-15-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Accidental inappropriate language
Old 07-15-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sunny, sorry things at home are still rocky. Just sending some hugs from your Jannies family.

Proud of you for 11 days!
❤️ Delilah
Old 07-16-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 4 today, awful day yesterday, hopefully better one today. Isn't alcohol wonderful? Drink for a night suffer for a week...bargain!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well day 1 again. Yesterday i had the most insane headache and i had cravings all day. I finally gave in. I felt okay today thank god, but now i have to get through all the emotional stuff again. I hate how my emotions go haywire after drinking.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Morning all - I had a drink last night we went out for dinner something we hardly ever do only the third time in a year and even before I thought about it I had ordered wine WTF !!!!! So I wasn't prepared for that situation at all it would appear.... So, three relapses since 3/7 is pretty rubbish going ! Recommitting today !!!
Old 07-16-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Bad news. I had an horrible relapse 2 days ago. It was a pleasant day. And I just moved to a new house with a magnificent view. And I was planning to drink wine in my balcony. And I did. I had 1 and a half bottle of rose wine (usually nothing for me). It knocked me out with blackouts, regretful messages, and one of the worst hangover (I had 2 before) where I threw up until 7 pm the next day. All my inside came out. Spinning head, regrets, burning throat. I couldnt even hold water in my stomach. It was awful. I confessed something to a friend which might cause me a real trouble in the future. I was insulted by someone who I value very much due to my numbereous e-mails that I sent to him in the middle of the night (just like a stalker). I really did loose my self respect towards him. I don't know how I will ever look him in the eye. See, bad news (( This time I am done forever... Hopefully
Morning and welcome we have all been there sending positive vibes hope you're feeling better xx
Old 07-16-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Never Again

Good morning July 2016 companions in recovery! Starting Day 14 with continued hopefulness. 30+ year drinker and I wake up every morning now, convinced that I will never, ever, drink again. Under no circumstances. There is nothing more that I want than to spend whatever time I have left experiencing life minus this anchor that I have been dragging around for my entire adult life. Life without alcohol is new territory for me. Excited, unsure, hopeful, scared.........yep. Wishing everyone the best, and hoping that I can help someone along the way.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Never Again

Hang in there Karen. Office politics are a definite PITA. All that matters is your sobriety and, with that, it sounds like you've got other options. Take care of yourself and get your rest. We're always here to listen.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Just a quick check in. I have a lot to do today but I know I have to start day 3 with SR!
I know the weekends can be tough so stay strong everyone.....those of us who had a bump in the road, start over without a drink today.
Karen, sorry about the garbage at work...that can reek havoc on your emotions. Stay strong and don't drink.
I wish everyone a sober Saturday ...starting day 3 and feeling good"
If you're in the heat wave as I am, stay cool as well.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Sunny, sorry things at home are still rocky. Just sending some hugs from your Jannies family. Proud of you for 11 days! ❤️ Delilah
Thanks D- your support means a lot!
Old 07-16-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words, fellow SRs. This thing is really getting to me. I"m grateful I can come here and 'talk' to you about it. I want to let it go and make recovery as big in my mind as this problem has been!
Old 07-16-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
Well day 1 again. Yesterday i had the most insane headache and i had cravings all day. I finally gave in. I felt okay today thank god, but now i have to get through all the emotional stuff again. I hate how my emotions go haywire after drinking.
It's the journey that counts, and I hope I can remember that. This whole last episode started about 10 days ago, and I just got through Day 1 again yesterday. One day at a time.

Good for you starting today with a positive post here!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Giving it another crack.... sober day 1. .. hi everyone....
Old 07-16-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome enfinthechange!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EBIII View Post
Day 6 and I don't know why but I am having a real rough go of it. Not sleeping at all having horrible cold sweats and just feel run down. I was hoping the worst would be over by now but I guess the crazy amount of pills I was taking every day for months has caught up to me. But I will keep plugging along it'll get better.
EB, I don't know your history, but I do know the pills can do a number on you. Years ago, I was given Klonipin to help me through my divorce. I was originally on 6/day (an obscene amount) and was able to get down to 1/day by my self. Thinking, no sweat, I just stopped and wow, did I go through some difficult times. Hallucinations, sleeplessness, severe anxiety. I had no idea it was physically addictive. It did take a couple of weeks for me to feel "normal" but I eventually did it.

Hang in there and know we're here for you!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Bad news. I had an horrible relapse 2 days ago. It was a pleasant day. And I just moved to a new house with a magnificent view. And I was planning to drink wine in my balcony. And I did. I had 1 and a half bottle of rose wine (usually nothing for me). It knocked me out with blackouts, regretful messages, and one of the worst hangover (I had 2 before) where I threw up until 7 pm the next day. All my inside came out. Spinning head, regrets, burning throat. I couldnt even hold water in my stomach. It was awful. I confessed something to a friend which might cause me a real trouble in the future. I was insulted by someone who I value very much due to my numbereous e-mails that I sent to him in the middle of the night (just like a stalker). I really did loose my self respect towards him. I don't know how I will ever look him in the eye.
See, bad news ((
This time I am done forever...
Hopefully
Oh, Mia, I'm sorry. We're here for you...
Old 07-16-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Post once a minute if that's what it takes to keep away from that first drink.

And everyone make sure you're not hungry and stay hydrated. Such easy triggers to fix, but also to miss.
Great advice! I know when I'm struggling, or just feeling down, I tend to post more and it does help :-)
Old 07-16-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Hey everyone! Keep posting! I'm struggling tonight and still super grouchy, so I'm wondering...what's your plan tonight? What are you doing to make the av quit talking? I need to break the habit and keep working towards the goal. We've got this Julyers!!

As for me, watching movies with the kid and going to dairy queen for a mini blizzard or just a cone I haven't decided yet.
My Friday was spent doing laundry. My plan always includes some sort of household chore so I'm never at a loss.

Today, I'm tackling my garage...it's a disaster (my car does fit though) and I haven't really purged since the ex left. It should be theraputic!