Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-27-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new people! Day 7 here. JL I,too had 55ish days as u know. Those days still count. They are an achievement.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hiya Penny !
I finally owned up and started at a AA group. Was doing good I thought. Some how I decided it would be ok to drink while on vacation. Delusion, insanity , heck it all fits. Good to see you

CNGY
I'm in the detox dumps, cuz ! Lol
Old 07-27-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I hate day 1. Day 1 is a crappy, crappy day. I never want to see day 1 again.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
I hate day 1. Day 1 is a crappy, crappy day. I never want to see day 1 again.
Day 1 is crappy but you never have to have one again!! You've got this!!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Amen invisible !
Old 07-27-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Day 1 is crappy but you never have to have one again!! You've got this!!
I don't know if I can. I have tried so many times and I fail every single attempt. Maybe I should make a plan or see if there are any AA meetings around here.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure if I hadn't missed meeting and left my book at home where I didn't keep things right in my mind, I'd not have drank, invisible.
My experience with AA has made progress in my life. I was pretty much rock bottom, though. Everyone is different, and there are other recovery programs out there. I believe the general consensus here is keep trying until you find what works for you.
Self honesty is a killer for me. I've BS d myself for 20 yrs. No denying it.
I say do it and do whatever else you come across that works for you. Your life is worth it.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
I don't know if I can. I have tried so many times and I fail every single attempt. Maybe I should make a plan or see if there are any AA meetings around here.
I think AA would be great for face to face support!! Do you have anyone who knows you're trying to get sober that could be supportive? And remember we are always here.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I'm pretty sure if I hadn't missed meeting and left my book at home where I didn't keep things right in my mind, I'd not have drank, invisible. My experience with AA has made progress in my life. I was pretty much rock bottom, though. Everyone is different, and there are other recovery programs out there. I believe the general consensus here is keep trying until you find what works for you. Self honesty is a killer for me. I've BS d myself for 20 yrs. No denying it. I say do it and do whatever else you come across that works for you. Your life is worth it.

Truth!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Having a bit of a rough afternoon so I thought I would check in. I texted a friend and told them something that happened on Sunday that I've been dreading telling her. Nothing to do with drinking. But I am feeling quite a bit of anxiety and avoiding my phone. I had to rip off the bandaid, especially before AV started in on me to drink over it. I will deal with the fallout from the text tonight with my hubby during date night. I expect my friend to be understanding. My mind always comes up with ways that people could respond in the worst possible way.

Sorry for the ramble. I needed to get that out.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Having a bit of a rough afternoon so I thought I would check in. I texted a friend and told them something that happened on Sunday that I've been dreading telling her. Nothing to do with drinking. But I am feeling quite a bit of anxiety and avoiding my phone. I had to rip off the bandaid, especially before AV started in on me to drink over it. I will deal with the fallout from the text tonight with my hubby during date night. I expect my friend to be understanding. My mind always comes up with ways that people could respond in the worst possible way. Sorry for the ramble. I needed to get that out.
Try to enjoy date night and I hope your friend is understanding. Glad you didn't drink over it.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new members- we've got such a great group and I love that it's growing.

Out of town, three hours from home and this cold is still killing me so I went to the urgent care to get tested or strep. Came back negative but I got antibiotics just in case the test was wrong. I cannot wait to feel better.

Damn AV got all sneaky on me and ALMOST had me convinced to get a bottle of wine while I was waiting for my prescription to be filled in the grocery store. It told me that now was the perfect time- that the wine would numb the pain and I could get drunk by myself in the hotel room. Stupid AV. I am ashamed I even entertained the idea but relived that I shot it down.

Now I'm in bed in the hotel, watching tv and resting. I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow and want to get to sleep early tonight (wait, don't I always go to bed early?)

Hope everyone is hanging in there and taking it one minute at a time. You can do this.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarOwnersSon View Post
Good morning Sunflowerlife and I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I'm not sure that any of us are healthy, normal, or complete, at least in our own eyes. I think that you are a unique individual and I always look forward to reading your posts. And, one of these days, you need to share with us how to add music to your profile page. That's pretty awesome. Stay strong, my friend. I'm right there with you, starting Day 25 today. No looking back.
You are so kind, thank you.

If you search "how to put music on your profile" you will find a thread. That's how I figured it out

Hope you are having a great day 25...
Old 07-27-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hiya Penny !
I finally owned up and started at a AA group. Was doing good I thought. Some how I decided it would be ok to drink while on vacation. Delusion, insanity , heck it all fits. Good to see you

CNGY
I'm in the detox dumps, cuz ! Lol
I was just there a few days ago. Felt like
Old 07-27-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome JL shortstop emme and anyone I missed

Congrats to to those hitting milestones today !

This is a really great group - join us here for part 3 of this thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D