Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ooh part two! Fancy!!
My heart goes out to all who are currently struggling. I see you all here and I'm sending all the positivity I can muster your way.

Day 15 over here and let me tell you about my Oscar the Grouch-ness. My husband said yes ma'am to my face and he sounded scared and not sarcastic. I'm as snappy as a gator over here. They're chewing chips too loud, the lights are too bright, stop having fun and laughing, everyone just be quiet and let me watch Cheers!!!! Some of this is that I'm eating super healthy (goodbye refined sugar!), some is my back pain (hello ice packs!), but mostly it's my angry second week sober brain lashing out at everyone. So, now I'm in bed early so I don't alienate my entire family. I just like being in my little serenity bubble, but I have a husband, kids, and a mortgage so my bubble is constantly being burst. 😣
Old 07-14-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Ooh part two! Fancy!!
My heart goes out to all who are currently struggling. I see you all here and I'm sending all the positivity I can muster your way.

Day 15 over here and let me tell you about my Oscar the Grouch-ness. My husband said yes ma'am to my face and he sounded scared and not sarcastic. I'm as snappy as a gator over here. They're chewing chips too loud, the lights are too bright, stop having fun and laughing, everyone just be quiet and let me watch Cheers!!!! Some of this is that I'm eating super healthy (goodbye refined sugar!), some is my back pain (hello ice packs!), but mostly it's my angry second week sober brain lashing out at everyone. So, now I'm in bed early so I don't alienate my entire family. I just like being in my little serenity bubble, but I have a husband, kids, and a mortgage so my bubble is constantly being burst. 😣
^^^^ THIS!!!! I can relate to every word, Chicken. Hang in there, lady. You aren't alone.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad to see so many posts- I hope you are all hanging in there as we get through our first few weeks.

Day 10 is coming to a close. It was a great day, full of confidence and positivity. Wish they were all like today. Met with my new therapist and I really like her- she has a different vibe than what I am used to but I love that she is interested in energy healing. I might also try EMDR although it sounds pretty intense and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

So grateful to be going to bed with a clear head, knowing I will wake up that way too. I certainly don't miss the hangovers which just a couple weeks ago were back, to back, to back. I AM DONE. never again. Never.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Christa, Day 1, July 14, 2016
This is my new sobriety date. Got thru today with no problem! It's when I get to day 3, 4 or 5 when the cravings start to hit. Right now my goal is to get thru the whole weekend booze free! That would be awesome!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My day 10 finished here. Lord I hope I can sleep tonight. Worked out as soon as I got home until I wore myself out. Really yearning for a drink around 6:00, but after the exercise, I feel better. My body is starting to deflate like a balloon from not taking in all those extra booze calories. That's a plus. Hang in there, all! Bronzie, I am looking forward to a second sober weekend too. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I'd like to join the class. Two days sober and gaining a LOT of inspiration from this site and all the stories I've read here.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Misty! Nice to hear all the people making it through today. I've been listening to recovery speakers while I work on my newsletter for work.
Tomorrow is the big day. I don't have everything ready. I hope I can sleep!
I would say Thank God It's Friday, but I know I'll have to work most of this weekend. I'm feeling kind of down.
I'm glad to be sober, though. Grateful I won't have to go through tomorrow hungover. How many times did I start work in the morning thinking, 'all I have to do is get through until 5, just survive somehow..." What a way to live! Horrible.
Good night everyone!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
Christa, Day 1, July 14, 2016 This is my new sobriety date. Got thru today with no problem! It's when I get to day 3, 4 or 5 when the cravings start to hit. Right now my goal is to get thru the whole weekend booze free! That would be awesome!
Well done Bronzie me too have always slipped day 4/5 when AV comes out, good luck x
Old 07-15-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning all ! feeling great today my slip up earlier in the week really made me focus on how far I've come and how my head is getting there and how much I'm enjoying 'being free' largely from my AV... I know I've not got it cracked but I'm feeling optimistic for the weekend and hubby has promised me a little shopping trip to treat myself !! so gave up on the 3/7 have had 2 days where I've slipped.... I could beat myself up about it but that still means I've been alcohol free for 10 days right !
Old 07-15-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Seeing lots of positivity this morning, great way to begin a Friday!

Day 17, baby is feeling better, back is on the mend, I've been sober, so despite being totally grouchy yesterday, things are looking up. I am looking for today to be a struggle already playing scenarios through in my head, we have a lot to do to prep for our beach vacation that starts next saturday, so that means stress. I've bought myself a bunch of my sparkly waters and fruit and have decided to just go to bed or shut myself off if it becomes an issue. Happy Friday y'all, you can do this! Stay sober, don't pick up that first drink!
Old 07-15-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
Starting day 2....feeling very good.
Welcome misty...SR is great. You will find unconditional support here.
I'm glad it's Friday, which can be tough. Actually for me, it's a bit easier in that my family is home and I have to be more accountable and they watch me. I'm a teacher so the M-F in the summer is when I go to town! I had been sober since aug 26 2015 and blew it this week.
I'm back to continuing to do what I did and continuing to not drink.
Very hot here on long island but I love it!!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Day everyone! I am about go suit up and go to it. This is the day I've been dreading all week. I'll be examined and questioned by the corporate folks. I don't have everything ready. It is what it is. I am trying so hard to leave this in God's hands and quit worrying and stressing. I am almost sure it won't be as bad as I think.
If you're a praying person, please say a prayer for me today! If not, send positive thoughts.
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Glad to hear you are feeling well, optimist.
It will get better and better!

I made it thru day 1 again...but I'm here and posting. I feel good and have a positive attitude today..

I'll be home, cleaning up dinner, watching some tv with my son and bed early.

Have a great sober evening everyone!!
You can do this, LoveHoops! Sending you strength for Day 2 :-)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Ooh part two! Fancy!!

I'm pretty sure the sugar withdrawals are partly to blame for your mood. Plus, when you're in pain, everything is amplified - noise, lights, attitudes. Wishing you well as you finish up your second week, ChickenLady.

That reminds me of something my grandson said to me when he was about 7. We were looking at some pictures of us taken at Discovery Cove. We were all in bathing suits/coverups. He looked at me and said, "Grandma, you have chicken legs...skinny at the bottom and fat at the top"! That kid, LOL.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post

So grateful to be going to bed with a clear head, knowing I will wake up that way too. I certainly don't miss the hangovers which just a couple weeks ago were back, to back, to back. I AM DONE. never again. Never.
Wonderful attitude, Sunflowerlife!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
Christa, Day 1, July 14, 2016
This is my new sobriety date. Got thru today with no problem! It's when I get to day 3, 4 or 5 when the cravings start to hit. Right now my goal is to get thru the whole weekend booze free! That would be awesome!
You can do this, Bronzie! Day 3 has been my enemy (just finished it up yesterday) in the past and as I posted yesterday, I had a "memory" not really a craving, of me driving home from work and stopping off for a bottle of something. Do what you need to to be ready for that to hit and have a plan. A couple of days I stayed at work until the craving left and went straight home. Stay stong, it's worth the battle!!!!
Old 07-15-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ed2715 View Post
My day 10 finished here. Lord I hope I can sleep tonight. Worked out as soon as I got home until I wore myself out. Really yearning for a drink around 6:00, but after the exercise, I feel better. My body is starting to deflate like a balloon from not taking in all those extra booze calories. That's a plus. Hang in there, all! Bronzie, I am looking forward to a second sober weekend too. Good luck!
Congrats on Day 10, Ed!

I sure wish my body would deflate...
Old 07-15-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by misty2572 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'd like to join the class. Two days sober and gaining a LOT of inspiration from this site and all the stories I've read here.
Welcome, Misty! Congrats on Day 2 and sending you positive vibes for Day 3 :-)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Welcome Misty! Nice to hear all the people making it through today. I've been listening to recovery speakers while I work on my newsletter for work.
Tomorrow is the big day. I don't have everything ready. I hope I can sleep!
I would say Thank God It's Friday, but I know I'll have to work most of this weekend. I'm feeling kind of down.
I'm glad to be sober, though. Grateful I won't have to go through tomorrow hungover. How many times did I start work in the morning thinking, 'all I have to do is get through until 5, just survive somehow..." What a way to live! Horrible.
Good night everyone!
Good luck, Karen!

Can you tell me who you listen to?
Old 07-15-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Morning all ! feeling great today my slip up earlier in the week really made me focus on how far I've come and how my head is getting there and how much I'm enjoying 'being free' largely from my AV... I know I've not got it cracked but I'm feeling optimistic for the weekend and hubby has promised me a little shopping trip to treat myself !! so gave up on the 3/7 have had 2 days where I've slipped.... I could beat myself up about it but that still means I've been alcohol free for 10 days right !
Janeeb, I think the reason I'm feeling better this time is that my slips were 1 drink, not a binge that lasted for days. I do feel as though I have had more sober days than not. I finally put my sober date in my signature and that's been a motivator for me. Good luck!