Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 20

Old 06-17-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Morning. On my way to sun-rise yoga before work this morning. I had really been looking forward to this all week but now I don't really want to go. I don't really want to do anything. I just feel like crying. Wow - that's depressing....lol. I feel like I may be being just a little dramatic. Life is good - lots of great things....remembering them today as I make it through the day sober.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Friday!!

Samantha, you sound absolutely fantastic! You've got a nice little routine going and a really great attitude. I'm very happy for you

Immri, you seem like you are handling all this in a strong and rational way and doing well. Maybe almost too well? It's okay to let the feelings happen. For as long as you need us, we are here.

As I get older, I realize life never really does get easier - but it can be better. I am less than 10 days from hitting 4 months. It's not always easy, but it's always better. I am stronger than I've ever been and I've got the best support group in the world!
Old 06-17-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. Just checkin' in. Nothing going on except this cuppa' startin' fluid!
Old 06-17-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good morning, MITA, Samantha, BBG. Got my own cup of startin fluid, BBG.

4 months will be fantastic MITA!

Samantha, it always seems when you do the work when you don't feel like it is when you get the most out of it. Hope that's the way it was for you today.

Have a great Friday, people!
Old 06-17-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Heading home today, then back out again tomorrow--to Cincinnati where I grew up, and where the weather can be insufferable this time of year. It's just like St. Louis, Bobbieka, same heat and humidity, same big muddy rivers. My parents are there and my father just had some serious surgery. It went well, but... And my wife, who has lost both parents in recent years, tells me not to wait any more. I love my parents but I've never been close to my dad. He wasn't close to his either. Runs in the family I guess.

When the dust clears I will see my wife again, after almost a month. And thanks to all of you I will not have been hammered the whole time we were apart. I thank you.

Sam, stay strong. Consider CBT. I see this pattern in your posts that reminds me of myself. Yesterday I had a major trigger and the Automatic Negative Thoughts came in a flood. I let them come, watched them accumulate, was seriously on the verge of getting some alcohol. And then I intervened and said enough of that. Let's recognize these thoughts for what they are, the irrationality of all this, let's put things in perspective. And it worked. I settled down and stayed sober.

Look for your ANT's. Unless I miss my guess they are there.

Immri, you are strong in the face of this and I admire you for that.

Same holds for all of us: keep things in perspective and stay strong. I gotta go but I think about all of us throughout the day. We're really in this together.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Day 110

Getting a little nervous this is what summer is gonna be like, tough to log in and post and help others. I will have to make it a point bc my daughter isn't even officially done but it feel like we are on the go go go.

Zoo the other day was fun. I personally don't like zoos but the kids enjoyed themselves.

Having an "oops Fathers Day is this weekend?" moment.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good morning friends, just a quick check in before I begin my day as a taxi driver, maid and cook for my kids. Lol

I'm also trying to get everything in order before outpatient treatment starts Tuesday so I can focus 100% on that. It will end up being about 25 hours per week of recovery work. :-)

I'm ripping off the temporary bandaid and getting to the nitty gritty......The REASONS I drank. The temporary bandaid and white knuckling just doesn't work for me. I guess that's why I relapsed after 5 plus years of sobriety last year. I never dealt with the underlying issues.

WELL......I'm ready now!!! Let's GO!!!

Sam, hang in there. I think the mood swings are common in early sobriety. 1 minute laughing, 1 minute crying...I relate! Ha. Praying for you! Everyone have a great day! :-)
Old 06-17-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning, Pelagic. Weather is incredibly hot and humid this week and the AC at my office went out yesterday. It is good that you are going to see your dad. Even if you're not close, he's your dad.

Applekat- 110. Wow. So proud of you. Be here when you can, but don't worry over it. Our goal is to help each other function in the real world without drinking. You take care of your kids. Enjoy the field trips.

Kiki- you make me exhausted just hearing all of your responsibilities. My thoughts will be with you as you rip off the band aid. You are one very tough lady.

Immri - I dreamt about you. How funny. Sending you love when I'm asleep.
If you get to the point that you want to understand what was in your dad's head, pm me, I can give you my perspective. It might help me too.

Love my class!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie! You always seem to know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Love you!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thanks Bobbie! You always seem to know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Love you!
Well, right back at you.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good morning marchers. It's day 16 here and will be a full court recovery press.

Noon meeting, lunch with AA ladies, dinner with outpatient alumni, then a lecture on neuroscience and addiction.

Immri--continue taking care of yourself. Kiki, I look forward to you sharing your outpatient experience. Bobbie--thanks for serving as group conscience.

Any idea where Dee is? Did I miss something?
Old 06-17-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi Missy!

Dee is taking a much needed break.

No worries though, he'll be back.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Good morning marchers. It's day 16 here and will be a full court recovery press.

Noon meeting, lunch with AA ladies, dinner with outpatient alumni, then a lecture on neuroscience and addiction.

Immri--continue taking care of yourself. Kiki, I look forward to you sharing your outpatient experience. Bobbie--thanks for serving as group conscience.

Any idea where Dee is? Did I miss something?
Wow. That is a full court recovery press. I like the strategy. Congratulations on 16 days. This is it. This is the one.

You're welcome - but I think I'm more group cheerleader. Minus the little skirt.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Fabela - Have been thinking about you. Was today your last day? I hope you got what you needed out of it and can continue to move forward. Sending you hugs.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 97. Prime number!

Work tonight. Never did laundry so I should probably do that today as I've only got a day or two's worth of work uniforms left.

It's OK to feel down sometimes, Samantha. Just remember that a drink is never the answer.

Glad to have you clearing the path ahead for the rest of us, ManInTheArena. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Good morning to you too, beerbgone.

Have a safe trip, Bobbieka, and enjoy your visit with your husband.

Hope the visit with your father goes well, Pelagic. I hadn't seen my mom for seven years when she suddenly passed away in February 2014. I regret it all the time. Glad you made it through those thoughts yesterday--remember you're not alone. We're here 24/7 when those moments occur. Sometimes just getting those thoughts of drinking out of your head and into the open is enough to take their supposed power away.

110 is amazing, Applekat! Don't worry about the summer. Just log in when you can and remember you don't drink anymore. No matter what. You've got this.

Sounding good, KiKi. Have a nice day!

Sounds like a wonderful recovery-oriented day, Missy. Congrats on day 16!

I'd love to hear from everyone else in that list KiKi posted yesterday. Remember you don't have to do this alone!

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday/Australian Saturday.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't caught up with all the posts in the last couple of days. I will try to find the time tonight.
Well I am making it through the day but still feel a little shaky in my thoughts and emotions. Last night I ate poorly, didn't wash my face before bed and didn't walk the dog....which seem like small things to most people but to me they are all warning signs.....so just trying to heed the warnings today and take care of myself.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Wow!!! Congrats on day 110 Apple!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Missy! Sounds like you are really diving 110% into recovery! I can't wait to start MY journey next week. You're doing so well!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I miss Dee. :-(
Old 06-17-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Casey! 97 days!!! What's your longest ever? Did you break your record? You are really kicking butt...

:-)