Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-26-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Yes, exactly....I have about a hundred tiny little plastic tubes to do a litter scoop.
Nite love.

Oh, celebrating a milestone today.....20 months sober, so officially past the point where I nose-dived last time. It's a good feeling.

to Briar as well (for the 27th) on another awesome month!!!

Actually, we all rock.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Great on 20 months V!.....and glad that you got a reasonably good report on Venus.

Conquest, that tipi place looks like a little boy's dream. Heck, I'd like to rope swing into that water myself. And it has the all important ac.

A mountain of a schedule this week, so here I go.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

20 months!

Way to go Venus!!! You've gracefully overcome so much in that time. Im so inspired by you every day!

Another Monday morning waking up grateful for yesterday's good decision-making. It never gets old!

Aren't those the coolest, Mark?! They have tree houses/cabins there, too. Ideally, I'd love to spend one night in a tipi and a couple in the cushier cabin. But it looks like they're pretty booked up for the summer so that's not going to happen this year. Either way, I'm enjoying the trip-planning.

Enjoy today/tonight everyone!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I am glad there was some relief from the vet visit, V. My kitty had bad teeth and gums, congenitally, needing extractions and special food from a young age. My understanding is the chronic gum issues cause kidney issues? It seemed complicated ot me at the time, and I am a medical person. Anyway, I am glad she has more time, and you have more time with her.

Conquest, that place looks very cool!

Oh, and way to go on 20 months, V!!!! I am very impressed and proud for you.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Ah yes. A long Monday in the bag! It's an empty house as family is away again tonight but a big thunderstorm with lots of lightening is wrapping it up nicely. I like storms. Watching a few minutes of tv it seems that some people are moving into 'tiny' houses. Like closet sized (well, my wife's closet anyway). Couldn't go to that extreme myself. That, my friends, is the official end of my thinking for today.

Sleep tight all and happy Tuesday V and D.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Enjoy the storm Mark. And the lovely quiet house.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

20 months...you're amazing V!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

^^^ So are you Ms B.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Those tiny houses are too cool! But I always wonder...where's all their stuff?! You couldn't hang on to much of anything living in one of those. Have y'all seen the homes made out of shipping containers? My husband is really into them lately and has talked about putting one on some land at retirement age. The scary thought is that he has the skills to actually make it happen... If it turned out like the homes in the link below, I could go for it!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchir...GoA#.ooL1QmPg3

I'm up super late after watching Prince Caspian with Jr. (Two coffees and a Diet Coke during the day was just a little too much caffeine for me I guess.) It was really good with beautiful scenery.

Arbor, I loved your post on the main board. There seem to be more than a few struggling after the weekend. I'm certain it put hope into many of them. And as always, you inspired me too.

Gnight gang!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I was wondering what Mark meant...I don't watch TV per se, so I don't see any of these shows. But wow. I checked out the show, and your link Conquest. I LOVE this stuff. And I could easily live in one of those little houses. My place is kind of that size now, but an apartment.

If I had 2 coffees and a diet coke love, I would be awake all night. Enjoy. And sleep well, at some point.

Off to find Arbor's post...
Old 06-28-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Congrats Briar and V! Very proud of you two.

We work hard. Hard as a team, remember. Your never alone. There's always a lot of comfort in that.

Thanks for chiming in on my post. Sometimes you just gotta air some things out dry. What better place to do it with instant, live feedback.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I don't want to get ridiculously effusive, but you really make my heart sing Arbor. ♥
Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes, exactly....I have about a hundred tiny little plastic tubes to do a litter scoop.
Nite love.

Oh, celebrating a milestone today.....20 months sober, so officially past the point where I nose-dived last time. It's a good feeling.

to Briar as well (for the 27th) on another awesome month!!!

Actually, we all rock.

Rock on, dear venuscat!!!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Big congrats on your new milestone, Briar!!!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I was wondering what Mark meant...I don't watch TV per se, so I don't see any of these shows. But wow. I checked out the show, and your link Conquest. I LOVE this stuff. And I could easily live in one of those little houses. My place is kind of that size now, but an apartment.

If I had 2 coffees and a diet coke love, I would be awake all night. Enjoy. And sleep well, at some point.

Off to find Arbor's post...

I love HGTV's 'Tiny Houses' - I'm always left thinging - hmmm, where to put it??????
Old 06-28-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Those tiny houses are too cool! But I always wonder...where's all their stuff?! You couldn't hang on to much of anything living in one of those. Have y'all seen the homes made out of shipping containers? My husband is really into them lately and has talked about putting one on some land at retirement age. The scary thought is that he has the skills to actually make it happen... If it turned out like the homes in the link below, I could go for it!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchir...GoA#.ooL1QmPg3

I'm up super late after watching Prince Caspian with Jr. (Two coffees and a Diet Coke during the day was just a little too much caffeine for me I guess.) It was really good with beautiful scenery.

Arbor, I loved your post on the main board. There seem to be more than a few struggling after the weekend. I'm certain it put hope into many of them. And as always, you inspired me too.

Gnight gang!

Yes, I've seen those homes made from shipping containers - so cool; who would have thought????

After having said 'goodbye' to a ton of belongings, I sort of get it; it's truly liberating - there's a different psychology at play.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

OK ~ I really like that my vet is around the corner. It makes it all very quick.

He took blood, needs a urine sample so I have to organise that.
He thinks we are looking at a combination of kidneys failing and a pre-existing brain condition. The seizures are not 'problematic' at this stage unless they increase in frequency and severity.

He said love is keeping this cat alive, but I need to cut down on the Jewish mother bit....overfeeding. Ha! My vet is funny, which is very helpful to me.

He doesn't know how long she has...it really depends on what happens with the seizures. He is not wanting to do a huge intrusive diagnosis...and there is no point.

Mostly, he wants to see what the bloodwork says to determine whether she can have an anaesthetic to clean her teeth. They are really bothering her, and that could also kill her if they get worse. Great huh.

We just have to go one day at a time.

Oh my goodness; oh no; I missed that your cat has been sick again. Sending love, v.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hello gang. I love those tiny houses, but yeah, cannot keep much stuff! If I were alone, perhaps I could do it, but not with a family of packrats.

Wishing we would get a T-storm, Mark. I love them. It is possible over the next day or two, but we rarely seem to get them right over us. Though, we got a huge one one day last summer. Tress down and such, so, I will not wish too hard for one.

Had a lazy morning, pampering my back a bit, and having a yummy salad for lunch. It is really good, with chicken, avocado, olives, yellow grape tomatoes, greens. Mmmmm! Homemade dressing too. Then, need to bring daughter with me to go get son from camp, then drop her at her driving lesson. All at the HS.

Tomorrow is the day I have scheduled for my crown. Ugh. Not looking forward to it.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I don't want to get ridiculously effusive, but you really make my heart sing Arbor. ♥
Effusive, now that's a lovely word. Thank you sweet Venuscat. I hope your well today.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

That salad sounds good phoebe and I'm not a huge salad guy. I like the idea of downsizing on 'stuff' at some point Leigh. I don't need much materially, but my environment/setting is paramount to my state of mind. Too much so at times I think.

AllTheRooms.com: Bringing you every room on the planet

This is my idea of a good empty-nest home. Completely different from my very traditional plantation style place. It's where I'm staying the first few nights of my trip this November and I'm almost obsessed with it. Trying not to be too effusive (had to work that in) but I'd love to putter around in a garden down there. On tough days I just pull up the gallery pics and go to that far and away place in my mind. The view out that wall of windows is great! Something similar could maybe be made from container.