Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 18

Old 06-02-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I agree and that was funny.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey Kiki, good one

Nah was just in a giddy mode this morning, was looking at silly memes and stuff.

How old is your son?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Joke time:

A drunk walks into a bar, sits down and demands a drink.

"Get out" says the bartender. "I don't serve drunks here".

The drunk staggers out the front door, only to come back in through the side door. He sits at the bar, bangs his fist and demands a drink.

"I just told you to get out, didn't I? Now LEAVE!".

The drunk gets off his stool, stumbles out the side door and, comes back inside through the back door. Once again, he sits at the bar and loudly asks for a drink.

The bartender, now glowing mad, looks at the drunk and yells "I TOLD YOU, NO DRUNKS ALLOWED, NOW GET OUT!!!".

The drunk looks up at the bartender and slurs "How many bars do you work at, anyway?".
Old 06-02-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Having a lazy day so far today, but gear for up for My afternoon PT appointment. DD is none too pleased that she has to come with, and that it's three times a week.

I managed to apply for two jobs yesterday, and got an e-mail that my resume is being moved into the next phase of selection for one of them. It's much closer (45 min - 1 hr. vs. 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hrs.). Fingers crossed!!

I also saw this and thought of us: http://a65.tinypic.com/ddg61k.jpg
Old 06-02-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spacegoat View Post
hey kiki, good one nah was just in a giddy mode this morning, was looking at silly memes and stuff. How old is your son?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Joke time: A drunk walks into a bar, sits down and demands a drink. "Get out" says the bartender. "I don't serve drunks here". The drunk staggers out the front door, only to come back in through the side door. He sits at the bar, bangs his fist and demands a drink. "I just told you to get out, didn't I? Now LEAVE!". The drunk gets off his stool, stumbles out the side door and, comes back inside through the back door. Once again, he sits at the bar and loudly asks for a drink. The bartender, now glowing mad, looks at the drunk and yells "I TOLD YOU, NO DRUNKS ALLOWED, NOW GET OUT!!!". The drunk looks up at the bartender and slurs "How many bars do you work at, anyway?".
Lol!!!!!!!!!!! That's sooo me! (The drunk) hahahaha
Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Hi everyone! Having a lazy day so far today, but gear for up for My afternoon PT appointment. DD is none too pleased that she has to come with, and that it's three times a week. I managed to apply for two jobs yesterday, and got an e-mail that my resume is being moved into the next phase of selection for one of them. It's much closer (45 min - 1 hr. vs. 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hrs.). Fingers crossed!! I also saw this and thought of us: http://a65.tinypic.com/ddg61k.jpg
Yay!!! Fingers crossed! I love that picture!
Old 06-02-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Difficult age.

You could enroll him in self defense classes.

There are big spiritual and philosophical dimensions within the martial arts, something I wish I had pursued further myself as a youngster.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
Difficult age. You could enroll him in self defense classes. There is a big philosophical and spiritual dimension within martial arts. Something I wish I had pursued further myself as a youngster
You know, I have thought about doing that several times. Maybe I will! Great idea space.

He's a physically strong (but short)!kid! He's not scrawny at all...he's just really sensitive and never feels like he "fits in" so he's an easy target.

He also was born afraid! He's been full of anxiety since the day he was born. He's on Meds & sees a psychologist and psychiatrist and has been for 4 years. He started having daily panic attacks at the age of 8. (genetic) That's exactly how I was and why I loved alcohol so much. :-(

Kids are just a-ss holes!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Sounds like it would be perfect for him KiKi. It's essentially a solitary discipline, and sensitivity is always good.

True martial artists are great guys. Stephen Wonderboy Thompon (my fave) or even Super Sage Northcutt e.g.

Also I can never pass up on a opportunity to post one of these remixes, but it's a good one. Bruce Lee was short!

Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.
Sorry I been missing in action I just haven't wanted to show my Avatar:-(
Been doing research for my book Memoirs of a drunk bastard.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Great video, Spacegoat. I took Tae Kwon Do for 5 years (around 15 years ago) and practiced Tai Chi for about a year. I think it's something everyone could benefit from. The mental aspect and the physical are really beneficial.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

My tears have made puddles, which then turned into oceans, until there's no more land. I didn't make a boat. I thought it would subside, but now I'm drowning in the rising tides.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Hello everyone.
Sorry I been missing in action I just haven't wanted to show my Avatar:-(
Been doing research for my book Memoirs of a drunk bastard.
Great to see you!! Let me know if you want to do any interviews for your book. I have missed you!!!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

My newest poem

Sometimes I wonder why
I always make you cry
Sometimes I wonder why
We ever decided to give it a try
Sometimes I wonder why
You think everything I say is a lie
the first time I saw that look in your eye
I fell in love I can't deny
Old 06-02-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Very nice, Kayak!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hello Kayak.

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Great video, Spacegoat. I took Tae Kwon Do for 5 years (around 15 years ago) and practiced Tai Chi for about a year. I think it's something everyone could benefit from. The mental aspect and the physical are really beneficial.
True. I can safely say that I wouldn't mess with you then Bobbie! As in date you, lol

TKD is cool. McGregors bread and butter. Despite his antics he's a skilled and disciplined martial artist, do you watch any of that stuff?

Been trying to teach my kid a TKD switch kick over the past few months, he's useless at it. He has become adept at defending it, however!

Someone showed me a Tai Chi excercise/meditation recently. Tai Chi would suit me, and maybe a little bit of Hapkido perhaps.

Anyone here see this tv series before called 'Fight Quest'? It is awesome…
Old 06-02-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Casey - I laughed out loud when I pictured you walking around tracking your steps!

Kiki - I am not going to the treatment place - I can't manage the time off work - but I am attending my addiction counseling and attending those workshops that I mentioned - as well as my exercise (10,000 steps already today!), meditation, yoga and eating well (although I ate Taco Bell today so.....)

Clearlyheaded - good luck with the job and great inspirational picture!!

Hi Kayak!!

Sorry to anyone I missed - just checking in before heading to prom pictures....it was a pretty stressful morning with a few snafoo's....but she looks beautiful!!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I'm good at self-defense. Avoid bad situations. I know enough to hurt myself. Got to 2nd degree brown belt. 1 test away from black belt. So long ago though, I would have to start over.

McGregor is awesome.

Switch-kick was one of my favorites. Landing a kick is awesome.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

That is cool. Really think I will hope to get my kid into a discipline soon, he is becoming a handful for me. (just horseplay, he is a really good kid)

Yeah McGregor is good for sure. He's being silly though. Hear he may have a boxing match with Mayweather and that it actually could happen?

That switch kick is the nuts. Hey Bobbie if you think he's good, you gotta see Wonderboy Thomson. Especially his kicks. 'Question Mark' kicks.