Notices

One Year & Over Part 39

Old 06-03-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon & thanks everyone
Old 06-03-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

@Itchy - I know I want to move away from city life, but not going to happen soon. My husband and I have relatives in the area, but they are not too close nor too needy.

Will be interested to see where you decide to go. When my husband and I retire, I would really like to mix it up by moving to an area near skiing and hiking.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

When there are so many posts I can't keep track - by the time I finish reading, I can't remember all the replies/comments I was going to make

It's so life affirming to be in this group where sober is the new normal. Everyone's posts keep me going, especially when I'm in a quiet spell :-)
Old 06-03-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Sassy. Quiet spell, hey? Gives you a breathing space before the next onslaught of busyness! Hope you're well x

I forget what I've read too!

Sun's come out.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mags. Just a short spell I think. I still socialize a bit every day but also give myself permission to be a little more withdrawn for a short while... recharging the batteries :-)
Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Toots - I'm doing ok thanks

Mags - if you have a spacer device I most definitely recommend using it to help your reliever to work more like the way a nebuliser delivers the medicine - if you don't have one, then you can get your GP to prescribe one. I hope you get some relief in due course
Old 06-03-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

NO Hockey today ... WILD weather ... I am looking forward to having a restful Saturday and catching the SR chat meeting.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy, Mags, You mean you guys read them??? Seriously, I do too.

Goodnight Wolf, Good Morning, Goodnight Wolf!

Venus kitty!

Toots,
I'm sure Mum will give you 5 stars with a bullet.

Amp,
You can still be larger than life sober, and you get to think twice, speak once, and remember what you said.

FBL,
It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. Been there, done that.

RZ,
I hope it works out all right.

GHD,
I don't know where you live but we used to do NY City, Frankfurt, Manchester, You name it. But lately we get frazzled by Dallas traffic driving to the airport.
I can tell you that most anywhere in Colorado gets you both because the ski slopes have great hiking trails. Utah and several other places have both.
We like Colorado's front range because we get the plains to the East and the Rockies to the West. But the arid water situation is a drawback. Alaska has some awesome ski and hiking areas if you can stand the lack of daylight half the year. Spring and summer up there is gorgeous and hot too.

Hi FG!

LSC!

The rain and the mud continues here. Texas is getting what we got a few months ago. It is terrible the loss of lives. And now soldiers swept away too.

I'm getting high water marks on my calves!

All is well in Itchyville.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs. It's 4.10 am on Saturday and still a bit dark outside. I can't see any stars though.

I understand sassy, I like me time too!

FG thanks, I've been using a spacer for about 7 months now, yes they're so much better.

Itchy, crikey! I hope that water disperses very soon. So sad loss the of lives, water is so powerful.

LSC , enjoy your Saturday.

Wolfie, do you know how old the tortoise is? He looks a good age, at least 100?

Right, my cat is giving me daggers to give him food! Best do as he says, I know my place! Lol.

Catch up later , have a good Saturday.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi V x
Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning Overs!

3:00am here and getting ready to start my work week, beginning with a cup of coffee.

I am glad to see everyone doing better!

Have a great start to your weekend everybody!
Old 06-04-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Zip, hope you made it to the long-distance gig and back.

I'm up here early too (3:35 AM).

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs
Old 06-04-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

gig went well

though had some action on load-out

some kid was coming around a corner, missed it, hit a boulder,

and wound up in the parking lot one car away from our!

he wasn't drunk, just going faster then speed limit for sure
Old 06-04-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Did someone say Colorado?

Sunrise right now. Which we're enjoying after almost a Month away. 3 Weeks out on the CA Coast taking in the Giant Redwoods, and hiking the Coastal Bluffs. Then, back to here. Then, up to N. CO to Close last Tuesday on selling our Mountain House after clearing out the last few bits. Finally back here to MesaVille to enjoy The Great Nuffin'.

We might even get around to unloading the Truck and Utility Trailer today! The last bit of the Stamped & Tinted Concrete Patio the Pic below is taken from gets sealed today; finishing that ~1.5 Month Project. Telluride and Ouray CO are way off in the distance in the San Juan Range.

Life & Sobriety be good!

-

Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs :-)

Itchy, love that advice to Amp - a good, pithy one to remember.

MesaMan, beautiful location!

Mags, how goes the greenhouse?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi sassy. Greenhouse is going well. Hubby has just picked first cucumber from the plant, although miniature cucumbers it looks good. We're having it on our salad later or tomorrow. It's a good feeling having grown it and fed it and eating our produces. Loads of tomatoes but still green, we need more sun!

We've put chillies and peppers in too, but still growing. I was slightly concerned about the cucumbers because there is male and female and you grow the female and nip the male in the bud as they're sour! Lol. I think I got that the right way around.

It's all good fun and hopefully we get to eat most of it too! When there's more colour than green in the greenhouse I will take pics and post them.x.

Hope you enjoyed your 'me' time.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well happy for you Mags mrs sw wants to start using the chives I'm not sure if the others are ready agreed about the sun I was thinking is humid temperatures good for plants I think so but not sure

The rosebush will have 7 roses either tonight or tomorrow

Got my brother & youngest neice staying tonight so that will be fun

Enjoy your afternoon Overs
Old 06-04-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Magsie

A bit of sun will make all the difference, Wolfie.

Enjoy your evening with your brother and nieces stay over.x
Old 06-04-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Wolf!

You 2 FBL. Sad about the champ. I remember seeing him become world champ in 64 ( I was 12 years old) fighting Liston, and soon after he changed his name from Cassius Clay to Ali. He was a draft evader and I also clearly remember the hubub about his refusal to go into the Army:

"Ali refused to be inducted into the armed forces, stating that he had "no quarrel with them Vietcong."[52] "My conscience won't let me go shoot my brother, or some darker people, or some poor hungry people in the mud for big powerful America. And shoot them for what? They never called me ******, they never lynched me, they didn't put no dogs on me, they didn't rob me of my nationality, rape or kill my mother and father.... How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail."[53] He was systematically denied a boxing license in every state and stripped of his passport. As a result, he did not fight from March 1967 to October 1970—from ages 25 to almost 29—as his case worked its way through the appeals process. "

I joined the Air Force in Jan 1971, and Ali's conviction was overturned later that year. Ali's defeat of Sonny Liston to become champ in February 1964, was only three months after JFK was shot. Ali was convicted on June 20, 1967 just under a year before the assassinations of Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy.

No one who was around then will not also recall, when thinking of Ali in his prime, the personality and voice that was Howard Cosell, who called all of Ali's fights. You never saw one without the other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Cosell
Guys, Ali was part of the warp and weave of the tumultuous 1960s - 1972 of my teens.

RZ! Dang man! Was this the guy just before caught on video?

Sassy,
Glad you liked the one liner. I keep them as I forget them if I don't even though I wrote them. Too many.

Hey Mesa man. Whereabouts was that pic taken? I like the area around Boulder and down South around Woodland park.

Mags,
Your greenhouse is already a winner! We've grown cucumbers too and yellow squash. We had some really bitter cukes during the drought and I meant to look that up. Your male and female comments about sour (bitter?) prompted me to see why they get really bitter. This one was in agreement with all the rest: https://hort.purdue.edu/ext/bittercukes.html and on the male and female plants there is this search result. It seems that the male plant has no fruit after the pollen flower and the only fruit come from female plants. The videos make the identification easy. The articles discuss hand pollination as well. : https://www.bing.com/search?q=male+a...77F1BAFE85122B
I learned something looking up your male female and sour comments!

Wolf,
Nice to hear your chives and roses are doing well too! I love cream cheese with Chives and onions on a Bagel, or with sour cream on baked potatoes. Yum!

Have a great weekend Overs!