Notices

One Year & Over Part 39

Old 06-04-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Mags, sounds like you will be really enjoying the results of your greenhouse and time spent therein! How satisfying that must be.

Itchy, yes, I also remember when he was Cassius Clay. My teen years ended at the end of 1964.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

A WILD night one tree from out property is now resting on our neighbours roof. The wind is not abating. We are waiting for the SES but they will have had 1000's of calls.... time for a coffee or 6.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
It is next to impossible for us to pass along how it felt to be there, to folks today who see it as history book material. From the beginning of Camelot in 1960, with "King Arthur" declaring we would put a man on the moon in his first year presiding over "Camelot", to Neil Armstrong making one giant leap for mankind on the moon in July 1969 fulfilling what JFK set in motion, followed three weeks later by Woodstock and closing out the decade with the December violence at Altamont Speedway Free Festival/concert.
And of course 1969 was the year of love and Dick:
Old 06-04-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

LSC,
I hope you stay safe!
Old 06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LSC1 View Post
A WILD night one tree from out property is now resting on our neighbours roof. The wind is not abating. We are waiting for the SES but they will have had 1000's of calls.... time for a coffee or 6.
Please stay safe.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Itchy ~

That Pic is just outside our Kitchen Door here on what is called 'The Western Slope' of Colorado. Sho different - in a good way that suits us - from 'The Eastern Slope' [of The Rockies] where Boulder is. For one thing, our 80 Acres on a Mesa-top was actually affordable in the Year 2000! Flintknapped Ute Indian Tools all around, since this Land was only ever Grazing Land w/Cedar and Pinion Trees. And, 2 Canyons with flowing Water in them. The Tools evidence suggests that the Utes sat out on 'our' point, and watched the goings-on down below. We're just a lil Time Perturbation in Land Ownership, so I leave Artifacts where I find them for others to enjoy some Day. No apparent Burial Grounds, fortunately.

The Utah State Line is about 35 Miles West of this Pic location. Up behind us is 'The Grand Mesa'; the World's Largest Flattop Mountain. It's the bottom of an old Volcanic Lake that blew ~25 Million Years ago. We have these Meteorite-looking Rocks all around from that Epoch. At ~11,000', we can be up there in major Forests pronto. Or, hiking the endless BLM Land across the way in the Pic above. Your Tax Dollars at work!

- Grand Mesa Pictures -
Old 06-04-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LSC1 View Post
Hope it settled down up there love, and that you and your property are alright.

I tore a muscle in my back and have been moody for a bit. I tend to be quieter when I'm moody. Way better than getting drunk though I think.

Love to all of the Overs. ♥
Old 06-04-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Oh V, hope you're well soon, very painful I can imagine! And yes, moody beats booze any day .

LSC please keep safe .

Mesaman, it's so remote where you live (stating the obvious!) . I love the vastness.

Itchy, sassy I remember Ali, when he was casius clay, my dad raved about him.

Itchy, your memory astounds me. You have so much knowledge, my friend.

Hubby and I went for a drive to Waters Edge visitors centre and country park in Barton upon Humber yesterday and had a walk, albeit slow, around the lakes and fed the birds. We then went to far ings nature reserve and we saw an avocet in flight. They're pretty rare apparently. Well I saw it but was ignorant to its name, hubby recognised it. He then Double checked when we got home to make sure he was right.

Not sure if I'm going back to work tomorrow or not. My sick note is until Tuesday , I can't walk far without being puffed out. But Work has just got its new owners.Greybull. We have now reverted back to our old name of British Steel. And there is a lot happening. My job is going, they're trying to find me a job elsewhere on plant. Everything is up in the air! I don't want to add stress to my illness.

Anyways, I'm going to get a cuppa coffee and look at the news.

Hope it's a good Sunday for you overs. Or coming into Monday for straila.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Maybe something nice after the news Mags....some music to eat breakfast by.

I so wish you were feeling better by now love. And no, you don't need more stress when you are having trouble breathing. I will continue to have faith that it will all work out...the company values you, and will find you the perfect niche.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thank you V, you are so thoughtful.

I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this asthma and get it under control, eventually.

Hope your back is a bit easier today.x
Old 06-04-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

It is...I heal so fast these days. Really amazing.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Brilliant news V
Old 06-05-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It seems to be a horrible asthma year everywhere. My wife and kids have been hit hard with breathing difficulties the past few weeks. Our nebulizer is performing double duty.

Have a good day overs!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That's no good stargazer. Glad you have a nebuliser.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

LSC1, stay safe!

V and Mags, hope you both feel better soon.

Zip, glad that crazy driver missed you the other night.

Wolfy, have fun with the niece.

Itch, I was captivated by Ali from an early age. I recall his fights with Joe Frazier and George Foreman. I later went back and watched as much as I could on his early career. He went to jail for his convictions and lost a chunk of the prime of his career. Not a lot of people would have done that. This song was popular when I was 9 years old and pretty much sums up Ali at the time:

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

hope the wind lets up soon lsc

itch, old howey is a real classic!

and great ali vid fbl
Old 06-05-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

The weather has settled ... the SES came and chainsawed the tree and removed it off the neighbours roof .. now we have a LOT of wood .... lots of trees down around town ... some disruptions to electricity (not ours) ... the ocean is HUGE... I don't think there has been any flooding in out town but there has been in other parts of the state north and south of us... looking forward to a quieter night tonight
Old 06-05-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks everyone we had the best time ever I'm on cloud 9

Before my brother & neice came I was saddened by the passing of Ali I loved what Itch wrote about Howard Cosell I know him & loved watching the interviews between them the banter cosell used to give him was hillarious

Old 06-05-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ali your being very truculent... what's that ? if it's good I'm that your always coming at me with these big words

RIP Muhammed Ali & Howard Cosell - Thank you x
Old 06-05-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

MesaMan, those pics are awesome! I slightly favor the ocean but do find my yen for wilderness with mountains cropping up when viewing your area :-). If I were 30 yea s younger, I'd be tempted to move there.

Have a good day!