Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 18

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-17-a-20.html

D
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread Dee!!!

Hi guys!!! No one posting this morning!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go 360! 100 day mark!!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am glad that Charlie is improving OOTT.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Charlie is doing much better already. I gave him his pill before I left. He's eating and he came out from his tent this morning to see me.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Badger!!!

Glad to hear that OOTT!

How was the concert AJ?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The concert was excellent! My daughter really liked it...Carrie didn't start until 8:30 and we didn't get home until 11:30 but it was worth the late night on a school night!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay, the vet called, no diabetes and no arthritis, and bloodwork looks fine. His thyroid is underperforming right now.
So the plan is for tent rest and to keep him on his anti imflamatories for three days.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good. Thyroid can be treated with meds pretty easily. This has been a good wake up call for me. I need to have a plan when something like this occurs. And, unless I die first, something will surely happen. Not fun to think about but its inevitable that we will lose pets and folk we care about.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You mean a "non-relapse" plan? Yes, this was a bad deal for me. I'm so glad I stayed sober and was able to take immediate action for Chawley. If I'd been drinking, I would have taken him to the vet, but it probably would have taken a couple additional days for me to take action.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Coleman Beach Shade Canopy

This is the exact tent he's in, but it's inside my house. I used to have a two man REI tent set up in my living room, but I got tired of walking around it. It's not as crazy as it seems. I set it up to let it air out after a trip, and I just left it up.

Last edited by Dee74; 05-18-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: no commercial links please
Old 05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

That's very good to hear OOTT!

Any ideas about what you're going to include in that plan Badger?

Glad you had a good time at the concert AJ! I took my sister to one last night the night before her exam, I felt a little guilty but she had a good time.

My work induction went really well, I'm doing my training at a different shop but the manager there seemed to like me. Got this college interview tomorrow. Discussed my options with someone who works at the college today and I've been given a lot to think about - going to have to clear some things up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it all works out the best way possible.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love that tent! I bought my boys a tent for their room for Christmas. Glad its something manageable!

Glad all is going well OT.

I think plans for hard times are a good idea. I really need to do some adjusting. MY head was in all the wrong places all day yesterday.

I feel like I should lay in my floor (at office right now) and take a nap. I am SO exhausted. Its hard to even explain. SO so tired.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Since today is day 101, something just popped into my mind.... MATH. Simple math.

I drank an average of a 6 pack a day (Not good for a 5 ft 115 lb female!). 7 days a week. More on weekends, and I had sort of tapered myself down to 4 a day from December to February (kind of.... you know what kind of means right?)

Anyway.... if I use my average of 6..... I have not drank 606 beers, which equals twenty 30 packs of beer. Now if I throw DH in there we have not drank 1212 beers and forty 30 packs of beer....

When I put the numbers out there like that, WOW. That's a lot of beer not consumed in a short 100 days!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thats a great way to look at it 360! Have you had your iron checked and are you taking B-12? OT you'll be fine, just be yourself like on your job interviews. What is a good plan for when something really bad happens? I will have to think about this. Let's share ideas.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good luck OT
Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

As I ponder my relapse plan I think it already loosely exists. We spoke about plans not too long ago. I am currently doing some of the things already. Like OOTT did I would come here looking for a pep talk. I have some logic and statements written down that I would look at. I would play the tape forward. But, to be honest, I am still very much on guard. I am not as comfortable as some of you are. I think that gives me some protection against being surprised by AV. Is that a good thing? Not really sure.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks 360....I was wondering if anyone was ever gonna speak about the amount of alcohol they drank. At the end I was at 6-9 beers a day most days of the weeks. I have calculated almost every week, both in $$$$ spent and just how many CASES that is.....in 15 minutes it will be 80 days for me.....

It's amazing we are all even alive at all..........same with cigarettes....considering that people often smoke hundreds of thousands of cigarettes before they/if they get lung cancer from it, it is ASTOUNDING to me the body's ability to heal....

I'm sure ALL of our livers and other body systems are doing the happy dance!

Good day to everyone. Be good.
Lee

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
Since today is day 101, something just popped into my mind.... MATH. Simple math.

I drank an average of a 6 pack a day (Not good for a 5 ft 115 lb female!). 7 days a week. More on weekends, and I had sort of tapered myself down to 4 a day from December to February (kind of.... you know what kind of means right?)

Anyway.... if I use my average of 6..... I have not drank 606 beers, which equals twenty 30 packs of beer. Now if I throw DH in there we have not drank 1212 beers and forty 30 packs of beer....

When I put the numbers out there like that, WOW. That's a lot of beer not consumed in a short 100 days!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
As I ponder my relapse plan I think it already loosely exists. We spoke about plans not too long ago. I am currently doing some of the things already. Like OOTT did I would come here looking for a pep talk. I have some logic and statements written down that I would look at. I would play the tape forward. But, to be honest, I am still very much on guard. I am not as comfortable as some of you are. I think that gives me some protection against being surprised by AV. Is that a good thing? Not really sure.
I see that as a good thing.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey everyone
So glad to hear Charlie is doing ok
On day 102 here. Been eating lots of B & Js lately. My all time fave would have to be strawberry cheesecake
The last 2 days people have commented to me that I look like I've lost weight. I'm still wearing the same size clothes and have been eating lots of junk. Might have to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I actually have. That would be a nice benefit of sobriety
I don't feel like I'm really saving any money, but maybe that's got to do with my B & J obsession. It's not cheap here!