# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad the move part is over Jobei

whatever challenges are ahead we're with you

All good here guys

D
Old 05-20-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in on day 81..more later...Friday, folks!
Lee
Old 05-20-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OT...congratulations on such wonderful accomplishments...new job and college!!! Good luck on your first day of work...they would expect you not to know anything yet so don't be afraid to ask questions. Now is the time to ask away!

Sadie...so glad to hear you are starting to feel better!

jobei, congratulations to you for going to college. Wow, this group is going to be so smart!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Job and Lee, congrats on your achievements!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Happy Sober Friday everyone. Keep up the good work! Have to run out, will check in later.

Sorry for your awful dream OT, I hate those!!!

Good job Jobei!! I was thinking about you last night, wondering how you are.

Congrats Lee!

Keep it up Sadie!

Hi PHRD!!
Old 05-20-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks guys I'm doing well I'd say. I'm always the pessimist and cynic, expecting everything to go wrong at any time. I think 20 years of heavy drinking created this mindset of doom and gloom. Without drinking in my life it's taking a little time to figure out that things could actually be OK or even GOOD... it sorts silly Ina way but I've always expected the worst and contributed to it happening as well. It's time to move on from that and let the light shine in. Take care everyone! I appreciate all your kind words.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
OT, Soo excited for you!! Fantastic! What do you think of new season of OB? 360, nice way to look at and calculate how much you did NOT drink! Badger, good that you are recognizing PAWS and being vigilant. OOTT- how is mr. Charles today?

2 of my kitties are elderly and I will make sure that is addressed in my plan. They are still happy, eating and playing at 18 and 19 years old though. I had to take a week off work when my last very special kitty died, so distraught, and I drank.

Sansa, the Brownie Batter CORE is my fave.

PHRD, glad your numbness and tingling went away. I had that too. What a mess we put our bodies through. A lot of it I put down as normal aging, it was not.

Day 8 down. Double digits my next goal. Day by day. Feeling less "bleak".
Sadie, thanks for asking. Chawley is doing much better. He's moving around more and he went outside for a while before I left for work today.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Horrifying news.. my airport is bringing in clowns to de -stress passengers due to TSA problems!!! Awful awful idea. Its going to drive people into the bar to escape them. Clowns are creepy.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Horrifying news.. my airport is bringing in clowns to de -stress passengers due to TSA problems!!! Awful awful idea. Its going to drive people into the bar to escape them. Clowns are creepy.
That is pretty horrifying....
Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

That is just downright silly. Save the clown money and hire more helpers.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Beyond creepy.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My day was so long! Working retail isn't much fun but it gets the money in. One of my coworkers didn't seem too happy when I had to ask questions. Luckily this is only my training team. I've been asked to do a shift tomorrow as well, I was so looking forward to my bath! Never mind, I get a much needed lie-in, some extra cash in my pocket, and some training before I'm thrown in at the deep end.

Sadie - Who thought that was a good idea?!

jobei - You're going to college?
OK and GOOD things are definitely possible while we're sober.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Whoah....hard week......was supposed to go to a graduation today but just had that F it atttitude....knew I would get WASTED.........Not out of the woods by a LONG shot....and it came out of nowhere besided the work stress that has built up.

I like the discussions going on about PAWS. I am certain my sleeplessness is a consequence. Not having the memory issues I have had before but CANNOT sleep well at night.....

Safely ensconced in my house listening to music and chilling the HELL out....that really scared me guys. First urge in 81 days and it was HUGE.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I was super stressed yesterday - it was a bad day. I just cranked music really loud and pretended I was fine and I felt better. Life can be tough but drinking won't help at all. Hey 360! Sadie! Job! Badger! Lee! OT! OOTT! Zen! Anyone Im forgetting. Love our strong, couragous, successful group we have here!
Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Lee - the main thing is - you beat it - you won. Thats a GOOD thing

D
Old 05-20-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and PHRD.

I think one of my issues is I finally need to TELL people that I have stopped. I have not done so yet because I always fail. But I think I need to do this. I think it is the only way. I'm not scared or embarrassed, just very private about some things and drinking is one of them. I'm so outgoing in so many ways that I think people think they know me a lot better than they do.

Only Dee knows this and I feel like finally sharing.......I was married when I started on this sobriety journey 4 years ago and I got divorced 2 years ago. I have two kids and my wife is just WAY better than that. She needed her peace. And my kids too....but it has been HARD. It's the only thing that finally made me really want to stop drinking, and even then it has taken me two years to do it.

I am out of chances. I can't do ANYMORE day 1s. As Dee said, this is not my first rodeo. This is my thousandth rodeo. This has got to stick.

I'm going to stay close to you guys and be prepared to learn a lot more about me..... I guess I am ready to share. It is really hard for me....

But I promise that I won't drink. I know I won't drink. But right now all of my friends are at that graduation and calling and bugging me so I turned my phone off. I took a hot shower after a long workout. I am cooking some healthy food.

I have all of the HALT-B going on right now. I'm hungry, angry at the week I've had (it's been 5 weeks of HELL at work--I work at an extremely high level school and the pressure on the students and teachers is UNBELIEVABLE), I'm lonely as hell, so I'm going to call a good friend and share my details, I'm tired as all get-out. I've tried to sleep and be a good sport about it but I can't freaking sleep. PAWS for sure. I've been running on about 2-3 hours of sleep a DAY for the past 5 weeks. And I added the B--I'm BORED. So I'm washing clothes, cleaning drawers out, doing anything to keep busy.

The struggle is real guys. So glad to have all of you. So sorry it is hard for me to share. I will try harder. But I don't share this stuff with anyone. I'm a "manly-man" to the ridiculous degree....that's why I think I was able to relate to our former marine buddy (can't remember his name). I'm stubborn and think I should be able to do this alone. I can't. I've got to be honest with people. There are certain people who HAVE to know now.....I skipped out on a concert yesterday and a graduatiion today and people are PISSSED. I've gotta open up.

I go to a counselor and I'm able to share but the moment I leave I seal up again. This was NOT like my family. They are sharers to the Nth degree and I'm just not like that.....

Sorry for my rambling. I need this.
Thanks for listening/reading.
Lee
Old 05-20-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
I was super stressed yesterday - it was a bad day. I just cranked music really loud and pretended I was fine and I felt better. Life can be tough but drinking won't help at all. Hey 360! Sadie! Job! Badger! Lee! OT! OOTT! Zen! Anyone Im forgetting. Love our strong, couragous, successful group we have here!
Love you too! All of you. This group kept me from dying. For reals.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found it hard to reach out for help and tell people what was going on - but I got better, Lee

D
Old 05-20-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Lee, I can relate to the work stress.
I am so glad to hear you aren't going to drink again. PM if you need extra support. I got it from my SoBro, and I think I learned enough that I can help my classmates.
I am soooo happy to be sober. I was outside doing yardwork on my patio and grilling and the neighbors drove by. They waved like crazy. They see the difference in me... I'm not reclusive any more... I'm outside, planting things, putting down barkdust... building a rock wall.. putting in a lawn sprinker system.I'm sure they're happy about the mini boost to their property value too.. .they don't have to worry what the drunk next door is going to do next.

Anyway, Lee, I'm glad you posted about what's going on. No more day 1s.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey Lee - the main thing is - you beat it - you won. Thats a GOOD thing

D
Ditto! Lee, you beat down that AV! I get the sharing thing, I find it difficult IRL also.

I'm sure your kids really notice the positive changes in you.