Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 18

Old 05-21-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Day 2 and STRONGER.
Dealt with HALT-B in a DIRECT way
H--Ate dinner (novel concept)
A--let go of week's stress---now weekend
L--Lonely so I called my sister and shared with her and her 20 year sober husband
T--Tired----Slept for 5 hours
B--Bored--Did all my laundry and some work I needed to catch up on.

Feel so much better. If I had drunk last night I would not know WHAT I would do today........GRATEFUL. Thanks to you all.
Be good to YOU! We're family!
Lee
Old 05-21-2016, 01:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Feeling a lot better after my lie-in. I've got half a day training at the big shop and then I transfer over to my main small shop. Looking forward to knowing where everything is! When I get home I'll be emailing my college and some universities to check my options are suitable so I can apply for my loan.

OOTT - That's great that you can do stuff like that now, and you're not embarrassing yourself in front of your neighbours!
I had a neighbour try and help me home once because I got so drunk. I still feel awkward walking past her house (at least, I think it's her house - I can't really be sure!).

Lee - If telling them that you're sober now aids your sobriety then do it, it can't be fun having people getting annoyed at you and not being able to explain yourself.
I had a lot riding on my sobriety - I'd have lost friends, my family and the roof over my head if it hadn't have stuck this time. It took people a while to see that I was serious this time (I too had promised that I wouldn't drink countless times). Having their support has been a major asset for me.

PHRD - Hope things are better for you today, when all else fails crank up the music.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Should have said Day 82!!

Thanks OT. I took a big step by calling my sister and brother-in-law. Just sharing with them helped a great deal. I think I am ready to tell those close to me on a need-to-know basis. This is MY life and I have to do what's right for me.......
Old 05-21-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Lee, I felt so much better telling my husband and mom that I don't drink anymore. I think we are one day off from eachother. I'm on day 83? I quit Feb 29. Next week will be 90 or three months for us. Thats a lot of growing and changing. No going back now. For me, I've got to start putting some fun and relaxation in my life. Ive still got TMJ... Im turning the corner with my business so things should start being less stressful and I can stop working so freaking long and hard.... Hello to everyone! It's a beautiful day!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

OT Yes I am going part time this fall then full time in the spring. Nervous but excited. I'm only working two days a week for now so I've got the free time I've been longing for finally. Great to be free of alcohol! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Lee I had a heart attack when you said day 2! Phew, so glad to hear it was a typo OT- you are really getting your life together now. Must feel so much better than being drunk. PHRD- nearly 3 months!!!! What an achievement. Can you believe it? Love to all of you guys. I think it's time I started some healthy eating instead of using being sober as an excuse to eat constant junk food. I've just joined a healthy 28 day challenge that gives you healthy meal plans. X
Old 05-21-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Leezer...that is some great sharing...thank you! Very glad to hear you made it to day 82 and getting 5 hours of sleep must help! Hopefully you'll be able to get some more sleep. Way to go implementing HALT so well and I like how you identified and added a B.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Lee. Thanks for sharing that. I know it is difficult to share. I have issues with that too. I can see you have really struggled with this problem. But it looks like you are turning on the bend now. The HALT exercise you did is excellent stuff. The sharing and little victories each of you shares helps me. I am not in this alone.Thank you.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

The past week was from hell wasn't it? Work was rough. To make matters work I hurt my back. I have been doing a lot of core work at the gym and it started to aggravate my lower back. I went to boot camp class Monday and was complaining to the young instructor, with a super hero body, about it. He says, "I'll help you. Let me stretch you out." He put me on the ground, pinned my left shoulder down and then pinned my left thigh on the right. I could literally not breathe. That started up some good back spasms and I could barely move this week.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Welcome Zen. Its good to get some new folk around here. Where is Mel these days?
Hi Badger! Welcome Zen (I am a lifter too).

Update: I just returned from a long vacation which helped me shake a scary bout of depression. During travel I gave myself permission, as it were, to stop fretting about being "productive." (I did not miss any workouts, however, so I did not go entirely freestyle.) I spent a ghastly amount on nice hotels and restaurants but it was worth it--no regrets! I look forward to reading the SR messages from the past few weeks.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

For anyone who didn't see this in one of the main threads, Dee has been sober for 3333 days! I did the math and that's March 5, 2007, give or take a couple days because of the International Date Line, the space time continuum, etc.
The thread also has Dee's first ever SR post...he started just like one of us.
Congratulations Dee!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up OOTT! I just went to read that thread! That's awesome Dee! It was great to read your first post!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I've never read Dee's first post!!

I am doing MUCH better today and I thank ALL of you for your support.

Took such a long nap that I was up until 6 am but just relaxed and listened to music and then slept from 6-1pm today, more sleep than I've probably had in 2 weeks COMBINED.

If I had drunk last night, I'd be CRUSHED. I can't do anymore do-overs. I know we all say that, but this is FOR REAL.

Love you guys,
Lee
Old 05-21-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

No time to catch up guys, I'm off to bed now. My training day went well and I'm looking forward to my first shift at my main shop tomorrow. Goodnight!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that training went well, OT.
We've all come such a long way since February. All we had to do was stop drinking poison!! Who woulda thunk it??!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Not really recovery related...but I'm just saying I'm really getting tired of dealing with ticks! I've had five so far this season and just last night (technically this morning) my daughter was woke by a tick by her eye! Uhg...I guess it's mind over matter because I keep feeling them all over...
Old 05-21-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I joined in mid Feb. but there was so much going on I couldn't keep up. Mind if I give it another shot???
Old 05-21-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi jimmyJam! Of course! The more the merrier and glad you are here!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome JJ! Glad to have you! This class is of a manageable size. Some are waaaay larger than other, and I can relate to you on that..

Be warned however: Ice Cream Addicts on here....and you, sir, will become one too.......
Old 05-21-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome JimmyJam

D