Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Do your best

Marked out the remaining piece of wood and will cut when it's not so quiet

Looking out for wood to buy as I'm on my last piece of scrapwood

spk later Julyers
Old 05-19-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Leshar. One thing stands out to me from what you wrote - it sounds like you already have the answer as to whether you should go or not.

You've never mentioned booking this trip before, so I can't say there's any sense from your words that you are looking forward to it?

I think you are at a great stage and making really well-thought out decisions. Travelling alone sometimes is the pits. I nearly put off a trip a few weeks ago because of the same reason. But, you know what, for me....I thought I risk never seeing the things I want to see or do if I just stay home. So I went.

You may feel differently and feel it's too stressful, but my point is, when I imagined being out in the world, experiencing life, not just sitting on my couch wishing I could do this or that - the choice seemed easy.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks, Croissant. I'm still not sure what to do.
Not in good form.

Mark emailed today to say he couldn't come to the play because he would be out of town moving his mother. Nothing about have a good run, hope play is going well or something of that ilk. All about him and his stuff. I think he would have just used me as a listening ear for his troubles should I have kept up the "friendship". I made the right decision.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to watch peaky blinders S3 episode 3 on bbc2 @ 9pm

how this show only gets 6 episodes to a season is beyond me cilluan Murphy & the rest of the cast make it what it is but the aesthetics of the show are so contrasting and the music is spot on imo

Goodnight
Old 05-19-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I've had Peaky Blinders on my list of shows I need to see for a while now, soberwolf, but I'm moving it up a bunch of spots based on your talking about it lately. I watch a whole lot of television though so I have to limit myself to how many shows I'm watching at once so that I don't overdose. Seriously, I keep an actual list and everything. I'm kinda nuts sometimes. But you all already knew that.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Casey

good morning
Old 05-19-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, wolfie. You're up nice and early.

I drank way too much coffee this evening in conjunction with an AA meeting so will probably be up too late. Luckily I can sleep in if I need to tomorrow morning.

Good afternoon, venuscat, wherever you are. Hope you get your computer issues sorted out soon!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Casey

Thinking of you Venus
Old 05-20-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I think you made the right decision about Mark too, Leshar.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey, SQ...where are you? What's shakkin, girl?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks, Croissant, your opinion means a lot to me. Hope you are well!

Yes, wondering where Snoozy and Ladybug and Pete are.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning, Julyers!

69 days sober today. Which just so happens to be the length of time I was sober after I first joined this class in July 2013. Assuming I make it through today without drinking--and I will--this will now be the second longest period of sobriety I've had since I started drinking in 1999. Thanks to each and every one of you for being here for me through thick and thin!

Ladybug was supposed to be on vacation this week. I'm worried about her because she was going to be around a bunch of drinkers in her family. Hope she decides to get back in here soon. You are missed daily, Ladybug! No judgement here. Just want to see you back here with us ASAP. My recovery is better with you in it.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey! What a great milestone.

Reflecting on my Mum yesterday because it would have been her Birthday if she was still alive. I was thinking what a lovely person she was, and how drinking smothered her soul to the point of where her rage bubbled out and affected everyone else.

I thought about all alcoholics who rage and rant when drunk, and that deep down there is a soul screaming to get out from those chains. It's very sad.

Sobriety lets our soul be expressed in it's fullest intention, without restriction, without the weeds of self-hatred, confusion and numbness to hold us back. We are very lucky to have that gift each day.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi guys.... ♥
Old 05-20-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi guys.... ♥
Lovely to see you, V. Was your computer down? I hope it's all sorted now.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

My computer is toast Crois.
Too many corrupted files...things won't work.
I am getting a new one, or my nephew's ASUS that he doesn't want anymore.
Plus a new phone, and a new watch too. Everything breaks at once huh?

Sorry, guess I'm a little grumpy.

I am, however, so happy to see you today. We missed you so much when you weren't here.

Awesome work Casey on 69 days love!

I am thinking about Ladybug too, and hoping she has a lovely time.

And Carlos love, Snooz is staying with a friend and doesn't always have much internet access...she will be back.

Leshar , wolfie, Bob, Dee... s
Old 05-20-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you for the kind words toward me and the thoughtful post about your mother, Croissant. My mom was a prescription pill addict until the day she died so i can definitely relate. We are lucky to have this chance at a better, clearer way of life in recovery.

Good to see you, venuscat. Sorry that everything is breaking on you but glad you're getting it sorted out. I've missed your more frequent appearances here.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Hey, SQ...where are you? What's shakkin, girl?
Hello my beautiful, darling friend Carlos
Everything is shakin' wonderfully here.
I love it when you drop by.

I must look at the limericks thread as I haven't been there for eons. How are you and the gang going Lisa, Terri & you other yoga junkies. Made my day seeing you here lovely, thank you xxx

Crois, it's lovely to see you post again.
Your words re your Mum were very poignant & resonated with me as to how much that could have been me or any one of us here.
I don't know why some of us make it and others don't.

I'm in a very good place at the moment. The early stages of alcohol recovery are behind me now & I can only look forward to good and better things in my life now. We all can.
We have all been through so much together.
I would not be able to do it without you guys.

I manage to log in most nights and read your posts but I can't always answer because of my connection.
But I'm here in spirit with ALL of you every day.

I hope you get your comp, phone & watch issues sorted out darling Venus.
Have you thought of getting an iPad. They are brilliant!

I hope you are feeling back to your old self dear Dee xox

Wolfy I'm following your daily activities with gusto you inspire me. You & Mrs SW make a great team.

Bob I love the way you love your sports & I look forward to every single post of yours, wise one. I love you to bits .

Leshar, you will work out what is best for you, you have more strength than you think.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with Mark. But I think a holiday would be great medicine for you love.

I loved your last adventures.
Pete I hope you're doing ok & ladybug you also sweetheart.
I'm really looking forward to your next post & would love to see more avatar pics of your daughters drawings.

Leigh are you still busy ?
So glad you're a Julyer . Xx
So glad you are All Julyers. This is the best class ever and I'm privelaged to be part of this wonderful group.

I know I haven't included everyone but my break is over. The weekends are always easier for me to post at work.

Speaking of which... We have a burly looking security guard in the front admin this morning.

I asked him why he was here & he said there have been bomb threats made to the hospital & he has to screen all the patients visitors & anyone who comes through our doors.

I wasn't expecting that! Lol but it's all good, lovely day, lovely people I work with, a sober Wendy, life couldn't be better atm

I love you all dearly

Hopefully I'm here after my shift lol.

Xoxox
Old 05-20-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm all good here Snooz

D
Old 05-20-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Dee

Xx