Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 33

Old 05-17-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's all good, Leshar. I feel 100% secure and safe here at SR. I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

Today was a very nice day. I had one of the best shifts I've had at work in a long time, just ate a nice late dinner, watched a good episode of Jessica Jones, and I'm going to go read in a hot bath for a while Good morning soon to Wolfie, good afternoon to all my friends down under, and good night to the rest of my international classmates! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Good morning Julyers
Hi Casey Jessica Jones is a great show

I know SR keeps us safe no doubt otherwise I wouldnt post

Thank you SR
Old 05-18-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I had wanted to lose my old Dr. Nut soda avatar that I had for years because it was a threat to my anonymity. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I collect Dr. Nut soda items and my name is really Casey with the last initial W and that I was from Texas. We had a crazy person stalking the March 2016 class for a bit who got banned for saying some truly awful things to our more vulnerable members and came back at least twice with other usernames after that. This person also seemed to be obsessed with me in particular, though I wasn't one of those vulnerable folks. Made me start to question my anonymity here so I took a couple of small steps to protect it, though I've resisted the urge to change my username as well.
Casey ~ I should have spoken up. I had major concerns about one of the members in that thread too. And felt terribly uncomfortable.

Sorry guys, huge computer issues...you all know I love you, and would be here every minute if I could.

So much love everyone. ♥
Old 05-18-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just bk from getting bits & bobs tools to finish the garden and birdtable

How are you today D
Old 05-18-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fine thanks SW - a little tired but off to bed soon

D
Old 05-18-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff D, your a good luck charm as when istarted writing this my new book arrived through the post. I thought itd be drinking a love story (Caroline Knapp) but it's Anam Cara another book I can't wait to read thank you D

Going to do some work on the birdtable but inside because of the rain
Old 05-18-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

Neice just phoned said I helped her out so much this morning & last night

I could tell she has done well, that made my day

working on the birdtable just finished some sanding & fixing two supports underneath
Old 05-18-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Haha, Wolfie, bits and bobs! I say that too! My Canadian friends have no idea what I mean. Larry adopted a lot of those sayings from me after we got to know one another. Like, it's all much of a muchness, six of one and half a dozen of the other. I thought it was so cute!
Venus, sorry about your computer issues. Mine is making horrible cranking, whirring noises lately. Still working, but I doubt for much longer.
Hope all are well.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Leshar
Old 05-18-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Casey ~ I should have spoken up. I had major concerns about one of the members in that thread too. And felt terribly uncomfortable.
There are still some, um, interesting people in that class to put it mildly, but also some truly fantastic ones who I have grown to love over the last couple of months. I don't want to think ahead too much but I can certainly see that class still being active and a big part of my recovery years from now much like this one right here. Though I sure do wish Ladybug2 would get back here and there both. She's missed very much!

First of my two days off. It poured down rain here last night and is supposed to start again at 6 tonight for the next 18 hours so I'm trying to get a ton of errands ran before then since my main mode of transportation is a bicycle. Wishing you all the best today! Talk to you later.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Casey,my you must be fit, biking everywhere!

Ok guys, I hope you might help me, give me some feedback. I think I may have mentioned visiting my sister in July. I really dislike July here, it's horribly humid and hot. She's in England by the way. I had used airmiles to spend a week with her then go to Scotland on my own for a week. I really don't want to go to Scotland on my own at this point. I'd love to go at some point, I've never been there, but I just don't feel like I will be in the mood to travel alone at this point.
I haven't visited my sister in her home for 5 years. I saw her and my bro at a wedding in January.
My sister is very moody and takes offence easily. She didn't respond after I wrote that I was worried about her after she said she was tense and had hit her puppy.
I sent her some pics from our play rehearsal and she wished me well for the run. Very brief.
She complains of terrible anxiety which I'm sure she does have, but her drinking doesn't help.
Anyway, I just sent her an email to ask her if it would suit her if I changed my plans and whether it would be better for her if I returned on a Sat or Sun.
I'm really torn. I don't even know if I want to go. Sometimes it feels like I'm walking on eggshells around her and on occasion she has a major meltdown. So why did I even think of visiting you ask? I guess I'm lonely and would like to get away and see her and her family and spend time in London, go to some shows, galleries.
I'm also worried about being around her and her hb every night at dinner. They have at least a bottle, sometimes more, of red wine. But I can't just stop being this, can I? I have no temptation to drink, but it's a stress I admit.
I suppose what I'm asking is if I should cancel the whole trip. I'm tempted. There's a different vibe towards me from my sis, since I stopped drinking. She's definitely colder. I don't like to lie though, if I said I couldn't come.
Thanks for listening, if you got this far. I know I will have to make up my mind soon. Would have to cancel before the end of May.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Maybe you could just change your itinerary somewhat and only spend a couple of days with her instead of a week, Leshar? Scotland and the rest of England still sounds like something you'd enjoy.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Maybe you could just change your itinerary somewhat and only spend a couple of days with her instead of a week, Leshar? Scotland and the rest of England still sounds like something you'd enjoy.
Yes!!! I completely agree with Casey....and I'm not sure how it would be financially, but if you have the opportunity, you could spend a few nights in some lovely B&Bs.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. She just responded to my email with what I thought was a cursory note saying what ever day was fine and that she was tired from working and would write later, which she never does. I'd asked her about her son, he was doing a triathlon in Spain and sent her a cast and crew pic, and she didn't mention anything about either thing.
I really don't feel in the mood to go travelling alone. I have done so, but just don't feel in the mood at present.
After I got my sister's email this evening, I began to get a stomach ache and had to lie down, I'm letting myself get wound up.
I don't think it's good for me to go. Things are different with my sister and I got quite down after the wedding. I need to protect my mental health. I made the decision about Mark for the same reason. Rehearsals for the new play begin mid August and I want, as much as possible, to be in good shape for this. I fear returning from England and not doing well. I don't know why I thought things might be different, I've had nothing but evidence to the contrary from my sister in the last months.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leshar

D
Old 05-18-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Leshar, this is stressing you out, and I understand that.
I think you have made the right decision for yourself love.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Gang!

Happy belated birthday, Wolfy.
My daughters BD was the 16th as well.

Not much to report here. Been doing a lot of work in the yard. Walking my husky daily and working for a living.
I'm watching the Red Sox game. They lost the first game of a double header.
Hoping to get my screen house up before the 3 day weekend Memorial Day.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Bob.
Go Red Sox!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Bob

Good morning Julyers
Old 05-18-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Do your best

Waiting to get started on finishing the birdtable I wanna do the windows but the weather is too unpredictable

7.15am my time