Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 33

Old 05-20-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

So happy to hear you happy Snoozy love!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 05-21-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

All good here but wondering why I am awake at 6 AM on a Saturday, sigh.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Lulu.xx

Snooz, you are right - I don't know exactly why some make it and some don't. Everyone deserves to make it.

Casey, my Mum was pills also. Benzo's diagnosed in the 70's - Valium, and then the mix with alcohol was too much. I can't believe that something that is meant only to be used for short term issues was freely given out back then. In hindsight, I believe my Mother suffered from bouts of anxiety. Sadly, my daughter is the same and I see her not going down a very good road at the moment with alcohol too.

How can 3 people (my Mother, my daughter, myself) who drank rarely, turn a corner to destruction so quickly? It's such a scary thing.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Croissant, thinking of you. It must have been so sad for you, watching your mother self destruct like that. Are you able to talk with your daughter about your concerns with her use of alcohol? She must see how your life has become enriched in sobriety.

Sadly, I think doctors give out benzos too freely today, also. My girlfriend who I've mentioned, the one with the controlling, as I see it anyway, partner, has been so stressed that she's developed bowel problems, something like irritable bowel syndrome. Her doctor sent her to a GI doc and put her on Ativan, which I don't think is appropriate myself. I think she needs to sort out the issues with her fiancé, rather than take benzos. It's a slippery slope.

Casey, well done on your sober time! I'm really glad you're back with us!
Snoozy, good to hear you're doing well!
Hi Lulu, and all the rest of this great group!
Last show tonight, hope it goes well!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, my mom worked in doctor's offices and pharmacies for years so knew exactly what to say to get whatever medicine she thought she needed that day. She was basically self-prescribing and over-using so many different types of medication, starting with benzos in the 70s just like you mentioned, Croissant. She never really recognized her own addiction issues but absolutely hated alcohol and drinkers because of her dad's alcoholism.

Break a leg, Leshar! One thing for sure is that even though this show may not have been the smoothest or best you've ever participated in, you'll always have some great stories to tell because of it.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Hello my beautiful, darling friend Carlos
Everything is shakin' wonderfully here.
I love it when you drop by.

I must look at the limericks thread as I haven't been there for eons. How are you and the gang going Lisa, Terri & you other yoga junkies. Made my day seeing you here lovely, thank you xxx
Oh, Snooze-girl, you sound great! I am so very happy that you are doing so well. Your post has made my day.

L and T are doing very well. So is DG, she and I talk often too. I think limericks is not that active. Too bad...by far the most fun and therapeutic thread I have encountered on SR. We had quite the group of regulars. I am now living in Florida and loving the sun and beaches. Just back from my youngest's grad school ceremony and posted a new profile pic with my two girls on fb. I am approaching 3 years in a couple weeks...so grateful!!

Sorry for the catch-up imposition, J-13's. Haha, I'm actually a kinda member...I returned to SR following a relapse a month after I got sober...July 13. Did post here a couple times in those early, but back then it was slower than it is even now. Great group...kudos for sticking together so long! I kinda settled with the Undies back then.

ttyl...Carlos
Old 05-21-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Julyers
Old 05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks, Casey!
Hi Carlos! Florida sounds wonderful!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I don't think this thread is slow at all....just saying.

Hope the last night goes well Leshar.

Love to all of you who have dealt with parents in addiction; I can only imagine how hard that would be.

I kind of shied away from the topic as it is a year since my dad died, and was just my mum's birthday as well. Sometimes it's hard to be an orphan, no matter how old you are.

Love to everyone.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I don't think this thread is slow at all....just saying.
YIKES - note to self: not a good idea to post when in a rush...

Sorry for the way that I worded what I was trying to say. Now, yes, now this is a happening thread...especially at 34 months, but, honestly...way back in like late 2013, early 2014, when I was doing some extensive thread time - it seemed slow - then - not now - at all.

Sorry to have implied that...you guys are rockin the casbah at 34 months!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I love you Carlos ~ sorry to put my big foot in my mouth.

Just so awesome to see so many of us here again...and I feel very blessed to be a part of this thread. I came for darling Snooz, and found a group of people who have come to mean a great deal to me. s
Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Sorry for the way that I worded what I was trying to say. Now, yes, now this is a happening thread...especially at 34 months, but, honestly...way back in like late 2013, early 2014, when I was doing some extensive thread time - it seemed slow - then - not now - at all.
If we ever write the history of the Class of July 2013, I believe that period will be referred to as the late BSW era--Before SoberWolf. His discovering SR and this class in the summer of 2014 has definitely been a wonderful addition to our recovery for all of us here.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Oh, Snooze-girl, you sound great! I am so very happy that you are doing so well. Your post has made my day.

L and T are doing very well. So is DG, she and I talk often too. I think limericks is not that active. Too bad...by far the most fun and therapeutic thread I have encountered on SR. We had quite the group of regulars. I am now living in Florida and loving the sun and beaches. Just back from my youngest's grad school ceremony and posted a new profile pic with my two girls on fb. I am approaching 3 years in a couple weeks...so grateful!!

Sorry for the catch-up imposition, J-13's. Haha, I'm actually a kinda member...I returned to SR following a relapse a month after I got sober...July 13. Did post here a couple times in those early, but back then it was slower than it is even now. Great group...kudos for sticking together so long! I kinda settled with the Undies back then.

ttyl...Carlos
You're NEVER an imposition dear one. Drop in ANYTIME you like. You are always welcome :-)
I love the friendships that SR has bestowed upon us.

We are truly lucky.

Love you Carlos xxx

Morning all you wonderful Julyers

Back later , my break is over xx
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Best wishes for your last show, Leshar! Hope you really enjoy it.

This friend, on Ativan - is that the one with the boyfriend with the cat? To be honest, when I hear stories like that, re people in the wrong relationships, it really does make me feel grateful to be single.

I don't know if I mentioned this Leshar, but I did watch the Enchanted April movie. I was really sorry when it was over! It was so gentle and lovely, I felt like it should be a mini-series or something, like Downton Abbey. I'm glad I watched it.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Powers off at work! Not good when it's in a hospital. Good side is can't do much here with no light, just the back up generators for minimal.

May as well play some scrabble turns lol

Xxx
Old 05-21-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks, Venus and Croissant. Not long home. Hit a ride check on the way home. It was nice to happily tell the officer, that no, I had nothing to drink and no, there was no alcohol in the car! Good last show. I will miss my character and performing. A friend from the city surprised me and came. I was delighted.
Yes, Croissant, that's my friend with the fiancé with the cat. The wee cat has now, thankfully been put to sleep.
I'm disappointed she didn't come to the show. She is a former high school drama teacher and I'd told her of course about the play. I was hoping she would come and give me some critiquing. Maybe she just wasn't well enough, I don't know.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Yes Leshar, I almost enjoy being stopped at a random breath check now. It just feels empowering somehow...

So glad to hear the performance was good ~ you sound happy.
Lovely that your friend came too.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone wishing everyone a awesome day ahead
Old 05-22-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You too wolfie love.