Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 13

Old 05-08-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

That's it!! That word describes exactly how I have been feeling the last two days...Melancholy.
I'm still sober though.....albeit melancholicly sober.
The last two nights I have had drinking dreams...not drinking excessively just light beer and then halfway through the dream I remember I am supposed to be sober. Totally weird.
Anyhow I'm here, it's Day 15 and I'm not giving in EVER!
Love you guys xxxx
Old 05-08-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I think it's OK to just sit and feel these feelings sometimes, LillianGish and Mish. (Hey! Your names rhyme! I never noticed that before.) I know that I have stuffed them down deep inside me for so long with my drinking that it's a little strange for me to just sit there and feel sometimes. But I think it's probably healthy for us to do so. Good on you getting in here and talking about it instead of holding it in. Stick close--we've got your back.

Where are you, immri? Hope all is well and you check in soon. (EDIT: And now I see you're hitting the thanks button in our class now. Hooray!)
Old 05-08-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
That's it!! That word describes exactly how I have been feeling the last two days...Melancholy.
I'm still sober though.....albeit melancholicly sober.
The last two nights I have had drinking dreams...not drinking excessively just light beer and then halfway through the dream I remember I am supposed to be sober. Totally weird.
Anyhow I'm here, it's Day 15 and I'm not giving in EVER!
Love you guys xxxx
I have had a few dreams where I grabbed something from the bar while on vacation and halfway through drinkimg it was like omg I just messed up. So weird for me too i woke up feeling a little disappointed in myself.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi all, love the bat signal thanks Casey. we have some crazy weather here today - spent the morning trying to secure everything in the garden, yikes. It's actually not that bad really, we're just used to constant calm weather that anything different throws us all off!
Sorry to hear lots of us are feeling a bit down, many of my friends have been down this weekend too - there must be something in the air.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Instead of raining cats and dogs, do you say it's raining drop bears?

Weather around here is the same way--it's so boring and calm most of the time that people go nuts when it's out of the ordinary at all.

About to watch tonight's Game of Thrones and then crash. Still having trouble getting all the stupid little things that happened today at work out of my head. Trying to let it all go but being kinda unsuccessful. Hopefully I won't have work dreams. Those are the worst. Well, tied for the worst with drinking dreams. Maybe Game of Thrones will cause me to have dreams of dragons and mayhem. That would be preferable to work or drinking.

Anyways, I'm going to bed sober. Thanks to all of you for that. Talk to all of you in the morning.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink no matter what!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 12 about over. A great day was just soured by our son. Had to set a few things straight. Its not going to be an easy summer for him.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Nah, Aussies just say it's p***ing down outside
Hope you feel better in the morning Casey, enjoy game of thrones
Old 05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 12 Lofty, sorry you're having trouble with your son I hope it works out.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone had a good day.

Hope you'll feeling better Fabela - were you looking for surly? It fits.

D
Old 05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Day 13

Finishing day 13...Mother's Day. We had a good, busy day. Early meeting, brunch, bowling, then rearranging the living room. I'm tired but feel accomplished. On to two weeks.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post

Fabela--Little bitty thing because I know you said you want to always be working on your English--the word you wanted to use is ticks. Tics sounds the same but means something different. If you say, "Charlie has a few tics" that means he's got some kind of involuntary movement like his eyes blinking weirdly or a spasm of some kind. "Charlie has a few ticks" means he has some little bloodsucking bugs on him.
Yesyesyesyesyes!!! That's exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you so much! And I'm sorry about your shift yesterday.

Dee, I didn't know about those, thanks! Berserk, that's a great word.

Hope that everyone had a good Mother's Day. I'm not angry anymore, but my yard is still full of weeds and I might have to pick a fight with someone to get the job done.

Have a great day, my favorite people!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Early check-in for me. Up since 2:30 with insomnia but a lot nicer than being passed out drunk. So I thought I'd read some SR.

I pushed it a little too quickly yesterday coming off my relapse but for a nerdy birder in my part of the world these weeks are the best of the year with all the birds returning and the leaves not yet fully out so you can still easily see them.

For the first mile or two walking in I really thought I might collapse but things settled down a bit after that.

Today I'll round up the empty bottles and cans and move on. Why I still bother to hide these things is a mystery but the garage is full of them, and my study is full of them. I don't think I'll tally them up though. I don't want to know.

Toward the end there one morning I handed my wife my wallet and said take it. She threw it in my face and said who cares? you'd steal it if you had to. Who knows maybe I would have? How sad.

Last week I saw some college kids swiping alcohol at the liquor store and it was almost funny how easy it was. They had a lookout up front and a woman with a large shoulder bag was walking around the store. She'd walk around the end of an aisle with a bottle of booze in her hand. Then she'd walk back and the bottle had magically turned into wine. I know the clerk saw it but he was busy with customers, sadly including me.

Melancholia has a nice sound to it, as miserable as the thing itself is. I was treated for depression, first time, at 21. Don't remember much except feeling like I was under about 100 feet of water the whole time. I flushed the medication although I don't remember why. Been living with depression ever since I think. Nuff about me.

But Casey is right I think; you can endure those feelings, as long as you don't take your old escape route of alcohol (do as I say, not as I did). I realized yesterday that I just can't abide my excuses anymore. Just about excused myself from life on occasion. Believe!

I'm sorry so many of us are struggling, but my goodness you all are an inspiring group of smart, funny, caring people. Hang in there, one day at a time. We can do this, and today, yikes, even I feel up to it. Day 2.

BTW look who's back from South America. I knew they'd be here so I had to get out for yesterday's walk, despite the nausea, etc. Saw dozens of them, the Scarlet Tanager.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 05-09-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

What a beautiful bird, Pelagic! I've just bought a bird book, I want to learn about the birds I hear when I'm walking Charlie. Hope your insomnia doesn't last, but if it does, I think you should sleep on it.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Checking in day 9! I've been eating more lately. I need to get on top of this too. I had hoped to do more things outside this weekend., We went to the strawberry festival, walked our dogs a few times but that was about it. I get tired a lot. I sleep a lot at night but also take naps on the weekends. My hubby and I watch a lot of tv. Sometimes I think we watch too much tv. It's something I'd like to change.,
Old 05-09-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling melancholy Lillian and Mish. I hope today things brighten for you.

I'm glad you're still here and congrats on day two Pelagic. Congrats to Missy and rah on your milestones too.

You are all so inspiring in your own ways. We have bad days and the others bring us back up. This class is great.

Thank you for the flowers Casey!

I had a nice Mother's Day, despite my situation. My son and I went for breakfast and the waitress gave him a pink rose to give to me (which of course he tried to eat...he's 1 year old). It was a sweet gesture. So I did get a real flower yesterday!

I had a nice BBQ with my family. I brought some ahi tuna steaks which my brother grilled to perfection! And all kinds of salads and deserts and lemonade and pomegranate/blueberry juice. It's great to have other choices of drink. My family does drink around me but are fairly respectful.

Headache is at a minimum this morning. I hope it stays that way. I have to get ready for work. Have a great SOBER day/night everyone!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy Monday, everyone and congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend. I am actually looking forward to getting back to the work routine, the weekend was a little stressful and right now I feel like I could use some structure to my day.

That's a beautiful bird, Pelagic. The Scarlet Tanager was the name of my high school newspaper! It's actually still the name of the newspaper, but high school is a distant memory for me
Old 05-09-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning!! Day 11!! The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day here!!

Casey - I will pour OUT the welcome drink the minute I get into the room and I will definitely check in here as well.....I hope you are feeling better today!!

MITA - I am looking forward to the routine of the work week as well...I'm sorry to hear the weekend was stressful for you

Jemma - your Mother's Day sounds so nice!! And I hope your headache disappears for good today

Rah - Congrats on day 9!!

Pelagic - I hope your insomnia passes quickly! That bird is beautiful - I am going to have to start paying more attention when I am walking the pup

Missy - Congratulations on two weeks!!

Lofty - sorry to hear you are having trouble with your son - I hope you find resolution. Congrats on 12 days!!

Lillian and Mish - I hope you both feel better today. Great job staying sober even though you were going through a tough time

To anyone I missed I hope you are having a great day!!

Well I am off to pack a bag - it's so weird to be working an afternoon shift...lol...I king of feel like I am playing hooky!

Happy Monday!!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Beddy byes for Mish. Sweet dreams for those sleeping and happy days for those awake. ZZZzzzzzzz
Old 05-09-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Day 3 and it is going to be a beautiful day for the first time in 10 days?! Had a very nice day yesterday. I did have a few cravings, but I just tried to stay focused on what's important. This week is going to be very stressful trying to get ready for our beach vacation. I will not let my AV try to convince me that drinking will help. I know it will just make me less motivated and more stressed. I am sticking to my plan of being on Day 8 when we leave and then being on Day 15 when we come home.

Thinking of you all and wishing a peaceful and sober day.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. I hope your weekend went well. Mine did and I'm ready for Monday with a very good nights sleep under my belt!