Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 13

Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Ladybug build those sober muscles! Don't let your AV lie to you.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Checking in quickly. Son's girlfriend is in labor. Exciting day! Will talk to you all later!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Bugsy, you can do this! Don't let that sneaky AV win! Do what's best for you!

I have just met with the woman who's close to 2 years sober, and she was amazing. We really connected and I am so happy that I've found her. The only thing is that now that I have done so much good for myself, I am afraid that I'll sabotage it all again. The first sign was that I stuffed my face with cake whilst making dinner. Need to talk to someone about this.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 58 here. I did have a stupid work dream last night, the kind where you're behind at work and can never catch up no matter what you do, but just like any drinking dreams I have I know it's not real. Drinking some coffee and clearing my head to move forward now.

Work tonight. I am going to a noon AA meeting. I need it. Not thinking of drinking but just not in a good place mentally yesterday or today. Time to take some extra medicine for my recovery.

Congrats on starting day 13, LoftyIdeals. Sorry you are having issues with your son. We're here if you need to vent anonymously.

Hope your day went well, Bat-immri, despite it p***ing down outside. Your use of that made me laugh, by the way. Thanks!

Two weeks today, Missy7! Woo hoo! Keep on doing the next right thing.

You are welcome for the tiny English lesson, Fabela. English is so silly with all the homonyms--words that sound the same but mean something different, such as tics and ticks. I'm sure Norwegian and German have such words too, right? Glad your meeting went well--I know that your eating is an issue you want to work on, but don't beat yourself up too bad. Cake is better for you and those around you physically and mentally and spiritually than a beer.

What a beautiful bird, Pelagic263. You can't even really notice the birds here in West Texas, they're all so brown and drab and boring. I don't blame you for not counting the empties as you gather them today. Move forward, don't dwell in the past. Remember we're here 24/7 if those thoughts of drinking hit. Don't keep them to yourself. Take their power away by admitting to them.

Congrats on day 9, rah555. I also watch way too much television but I'm dealing with my problems one at a time and television is a ways down the list. I have started reading a lot more again over the last few days. I guess that's a slight step up from the TV.

So happy you ended up having a nice day after all, Jemma44! Your post cheered me up a little just now. Thank you for that!

You can go to my work here too if you'd like some additional routine in your life, ManInTheArena. Just kidding--I get what you're saying. Have a wonderful Monday!

Enjoy your working vacation of sorts, samantha14. I look forward to your next check-in. Have a safe trip!

Sweet dreams, Mish!

Staying sober for and then through vacation are great short term goals, Ladybug2. You've got this one day at a time. Don't keep those thoughts in your own head please. If you've got time to think them, you've got time to let them out into the world. Take away their false power over you.

Glad you slept well, beerbgone, have a wonderful and productive Monday!

Good luck today, Granny Bobbieka! Looking forward to your celebratory check-in here later. Your son's girlfriend and the new baby are in my thoughts and prayers...

Missing a lot of regulars this morning. Hope they'll check in soon.

Feeling a little better after writing in here. Hopefully my mood will continue to improve as the day progresses.

Ask for help as soon as you need it. Help others when you can. Don't take that first drink no matter what. We can do this!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

It's Monday the 13th...Day. Had some tense emotions over the weekends as the college kids transition home. Had to lay down the law a little. I actually used the fact that I don't drink as the reason for why they won't be entertaining their friends all summer. I had a long talk with my son this morning setting expectations as well. I think he understands.

Sounds like many made it through the weekend, even if some drama took place. Casey, sorry about the clientele at your restaurant. I feel like I know what you are talking about; maybe "entitled" customers treating staff as less than human? That gets my goat every time I see it. Sorry if that's what you experienced. Some people are full of themselves.

Samantha, nice job on 11 days and pouring out that drink. Hope your time away is a relaxing adventure, and you are able to capture some time to yourself.

Anyway, I can't personally address everyone on the thread or I'd be here all day. Just glad we are all still here, for the most part. Haven't heard from Kayak lately, though.

Looking forward to a productive week at work and home and in my recovery as well.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Applekat Sounds like the happiest place on Earth is being good to you. Enjoy your vacation! Thanks for checking in - we miss you!

Beerbgone - Thanks for keeping everyone pumped up! That's a perfect role for you - you do it so well. Have a great day!

Casey - I feel honored that you said I was like a sister - but did you really have to say older!?! Kidding. Sorry that people suck sometimes - but don't let other people control your emotions. You are too strong for that.

Clearlyheaded - Hope the pain is subsiding every day. I'm sure right now you're thinking - why did I do this? Stick it out. It gets a lot better.
Dee - Good to know you get to spend time in the real world a bit. Sometimes I feel safer in this cyber one.

Fabela -Glad your son's day went well and that your mother complimented you. I'm sure it was Fabelous. Don't be so hard on yourself. One day at a time, one problem at a time. You are doing a terrific job!

FABL -Hope you had a great mother's day! I'm glad you are still running - you are inspiring me to get out there. Don't know what's holding me back, but it has been too long and I miss it.

Immri - I love reading your posts when I wake up! You are doing a great job! I'm really proud of you!

Jemma -Speaking of proud of you - you are handling a crappy situation with a lot of grace. You are such a strong woman.

Kayak- Miss you!!!! Check in soon!

Keets -You are doing such a great job! I hope you get the sleeping problems worked out! Praying for you that your chemo is uneventful and not invasive.

Kiki - (just in case) We miss you!

Ladyboo- You've been pretty quiet. Hope all is well with you. You are still in my prayers.

Ladybug - Hey! Your vacation is going to be amazing!!! You are going to "keep doing the next right thing" and that will make everything go much smoother.

LillianGish -It is really great to see your posts. Your advice is always so "soft" I think would be the word. I'm sorry yesterday was rough, but it's okay to miss your mom even when things are going great. I'm sure she was really special, because you are.

LoftyIdeals - Glad your posting again. I really hope your life settles a bit. I like reading your long posts. There is always something in what you write that I seem to need.

ManIntheArena-Glad you had a sober weekend. There was a time I would have used the issue with my husband as an excuse to drink. Keep walking the walk. You are spectacular! That would be so hard. Proud of you.

Mish - Woohoo! Keep racking up those days! You are doing such a great job! I think you are on 16?! Way to go! I hope your melancholiness (not a word, I know) goes away soon.

Missy - Good to see you had a good Mother's Day. Congratulations on 2 weeks!! Way to Go!

1SstepUp- Haven't seen you in a while. Hope things are going well for you.

PeacefulRain - I hope you get the insurance stuff worked out. I am praying you find some peace and get the help you are looking for.

Pelagic - Beautiful Picture. Thanks for sharing. Hope you can get things back under control soon. I know you can.

Purplrks - Way to keep Casey on his toes! It is refreshing to see you so consistent everyday.

Rah - Day 9!! Way to go! I love going to the strawberry festival here. I hope you had a great time. I need to work on my eating these days as well.

Samantha - You sound so happy!! That is awesome. Enjoy your trip. Sometimes changing up routines is fun.

SpaceGoat - Hope your day is going well. (I think it's almost over) Thanks for all of your insightful posts here and other places in the Forum. I am learning a lot.

Surrender2Win - I hope you had a good Mother's Day. It seems as if you're days are getting better! Good job. Hang in there. We're all in this together.

Thirteenth -It's funny. Usually when people are drinking and posting, I can tell. I never get that with your posts. Please don't think you are bringing the class down. I've said it before - we want you here. You get to let us celebrate when you take that leap!

Okay. Baby should be here in 20 minutes. I am so excited!

Thanks for helping me pass the time! Love you all!!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Bobbie, baby's on the clock? How exiting for you and your son! Another little baby... They are so wonderful.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Back home from the meeting. Meeting itself was great but the ride home sucked all the life out of me. As I've said before, these noon meetings are further from my house than the evening ones and the roads to it are in awful condition for a bike ride. And then the wind was blowing like 30 MPH in my face the whole three or so miles home, and that bearing in my front wheel that I thought I had fixed was loosened up again the last half of that so my whole bike was semi-wobbling and even harder to control against the wind than normal.. I'll have to take it to a shop tomorrow. I'm exhausted now, mentally and physically.

Meeting topic was that obsession of the mind that we oftentimes get in early sobriety. Heard a lot of good stuff. One weird thing--the electricity was out at the meeting house, so we propped open a couple of doors to let some light in but basically had the meeting in the dark. The windy dark.

Bobbieka--it's not how other people act that has me down. It's my own actions and reactions that I'm obsessing over. I'm just not in a good place in my own head today. Don't mean I'm thinking about drinking--that's not going to be the answer, I know that much--but I'm just not right. That meeting might have helped if not for the ride home. Congratulations on your big day though. Hope the baby and the baby's mother are doing well.

Nap time. Maybe that will help.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi all,
Just saw this video on addiction - simple but pretty much sums it up for me!

Short animation describes what drug addiction is like | Dangerous Minds
Old 05-09-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Casey, you might have said it before, but is there a reason why you're using a bike to get around?

We managed to get the ticks off of Charlie, but when we removed the biggest one, he ate it. Yuck! I sincerely hope the stomach acids will kill it. Ticks and wasps are the insects I dislike the most.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I'm lurking in the Class of May. Technically I should be there, but I refuse to leave the Marchians, so if I have to choose one class I'll stick around here.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I get it Casey. I was pretty down last weekend. You helped me out of it. Hopefully, your nap and your class can help you. That bike ride did not sound like fun.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
I'm lurking in the Class of May. Technically I should be there, but I refuse to leave the Marchians, so if I have to choose one class I'll stick around here.
I might be wrong, but I don't think there is any rule written or implied that everyone should change classes every time there is a relapse. If so, all of us would be hopping around like jumping beans.

And if you want to participate in two classes, I bet that's ok too! I barely have time for one and always feel behind here.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nap helped some. Going to take a hot bath in a few and see if that will also help.

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Casey, you might have said it before, but is there a reason why you're using a bike to get around?
Because I was an irresponsible moron with my finances for years, and I've got a credit score that is below sea level. I can't seem to get enough money together to pay cash for a vehicle and, because of said credit score, have not tried to get someone to finance a car for me in a long time. Though I probably will try to do so soon. Someone will take that risk as long as I'm willing to pay exorbitant interest, I'm sure.

And you can be in as many classes as you need. I post both here and in the original July 2013 class regularly. I'd post in the May 2015 class too but it seems to have pretty much died after the six month mark or so. The more support, the better.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say today other than that I'm here. Another day of Chemo and a kiddo home sick from school. I set set myself up for failure and I don't know what else to say. Maybe the post chemo me isn't supposed to be happy or feel normal. I don't know I'm just exhausted and want to crawl into a hole right now and be left alone but can't. Sorry I'm just having a hard time right now and don't have anywhere else to turn to at the moment.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, Keets.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm sorry, Casey. That can't be easy. If I ever win the lottery I'll see if there's something I can do.

Keets, this must be so difficult for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Bobbie, any baby news?
Old 05-09-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

She's here! Kamry Anne. I have no other details yet, except everyone is doing great!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
She's here! Kamry Anne. I have no other details yet, except everyone is doing great!
What a beautiful name!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I don't know what else to say except drinking is not the solution, Keets. I'm sure the chemo is awful but try to remember out of that awfulness you'll get your health back. Post here as much as you need to--just please don't drink. Can you talk to your therapist too? You and your sick kiddo are in my thoughts today.