Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 17

Old 04-28-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Leezer - Two months tomorrow! Well done. You're right, we're all doing great. We're all still here and trying to stay sober so we're on the right track.

Del - Hope the tapering works out for you. I kind of accidentally tapered and my withdrawal symptoms were a lot more bearable.
And yeah, my toenails have been holding on for a few months and are finally deciding it's time to leave now.

PHRD - You're sounding like you're in a good place, it's great! Two months tomorrow for you as well!!
Yeah, I saw the toenail pictures. Alcohol messes with our bodies in weird ways.

OOTT - It's also great to see you in such a good place. I feel the same way - I did some awful things when my drinking was coming to an end, but it needed to happen for me to quit, so I'm glad it happened.
No visit from the toenail fairy thus far, perhaps I should be leaving it in my shoe overnight rather than under the pillow?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Del please be super careful with both tapering and not drinking so much. I knew someone who quit cold turkey and saw the effects happen in a public place. It is dangerous. You have this new job and you are so excited. You are doing all the right things - hold on the best you can. Drinking has very high percentage of scewing things up and especially in the workplace. I really liked your quote about thoughts about the past and future causing you to not be in control or present today. Thats what its all about and just that. Start quieting the thoughts just a bit each day. Tell your brain no thats not what I'm thinking about right now.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OT your toenails will take 4 months to grow back and will look great! Great job Lee on 60 with me today! Congrats Applekat because I know you made it sober buddy! Two freakin months! And all I have to do to keep the awesome life is to never take a sip again. Not one. Sip.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Hello Sansa. I did not say hello to you either today.
Hello old mate badger!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I dunno Dee. I think the ketamine sounds more exciting than keratin. Lol Glad to hear youre doing good Phrd
Lol, don't think ketamine would be making my skin as soft as this keratin though X
Old 04-28-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey all
Congrats on the big numbers y'all are building.
I'm posting in a different class so I can just keep up with days that way.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well things are going well. I forgot to say I really wanted to pick up a bottle of wine yesterday. I didn't. I was very proud of myself. Up early this morning. Counting down the days til the start of work.
Have a great day Februdoodles!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Lee, congrats on Day 60
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

It is Thursday morning for me and I’m posting this right away today in order to tell on my AV in advance in the event that my AV starts to get loud today.

Today is the anniversary of my Mother’s death. She was murdered 34 years ago when I was 11 years old – in 1982. Although there was a prime suspect early on, the case was handled very poorly in the early years and the case became cold.

I did not realize the truth about my Mom’s murder until I was 32 years old – in 2002. I realized the reality that my father was the prime suspect but unfortunately all of the evidence against him has been circumstantial. I worked with the police and wore a wire and had a SWAT team back me up as I confronted my father. The case needed a confession that would hold up in court. Unfortunately, the many attempts to obtain a confession did not succeed.

It has been a little over a year now since I had my last confrontation with my father. It’s been really hard for me to deal with the fact that my mother’s murder is still unsolved and the case is still considered cold…and there still is no justice.

Today will be my first time dealing with April 28th completely sober since I first figured out my father’s guilt and his role in my Mother’s murder (14 years ago) …I’ve been escaping and numbing myself.

So today I’m hoping that I somehow experience some healing and can “let go” and focus more on remembering my Mom and trust that my father will eventually have to deal with justice…if not here on earth…he will eventually face the truth.

So tonight I might have to break out the advanced Tae Bo and really work out hard to tire myself out and help to deal with any crazy AV urges!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Joy. Wow! That is awful, painful stuff. Be strong today. If you need us we are here. Send a PM if you need to. Get that Tae Bo going.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done Lee. Congrats on 60.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

sorry Amazing.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Wow Aj Is there anyone who could support you today? I'm so sorry for all the pain you've endured. Please reach out lots. Xoxo sending you love and strength.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm not sure what will happen today but I'm really feeling positive about confronting this without numbing myself and seeing what happens. Work will be distracting during the day so I'm just really trying to be cautious about tonight...
Old 04-28-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

thanks you guys for all your posts. it's like an aa meeting at home. and when people are typing they don't say "you know" every other word. i am new here. sorry to hear about your mom amazing, good luck tonite. stay busy!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Aj- I'd totally hang out with you all day, go riding!! I'm so so sorry to hear that. I will pray for you today. Stay strong and vigilant. I'm also available for anything you need, PM if you'd like.

Happy 60 Lee! Keep it up.

Good morning everyone else.... quick check in before I run out and lose a bit more of my mind.

81 days. Told my neighbor this morning (that I used to drink with all the time) that I quit drinking. I haven't talked to them since I stopped. He asked me about the positives of stopping. He said he just see's it as a reward to himself. He's an every day too. Maybe something struck a chord, maybe not. But I wasn't uncomfortable telling my story or my positives. Came natural. I'm more embarrassed by my drinking self than I'll ever be with my sober self.

Talk to you all soon!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi tomls! Hi 360

The head is going places today I'm not ready to go yet. It's creating a lot of anxiety for me and it's giving me trigger warnings.
I've decided that every time I look at the clock I'm going to say, "woo-hoo!! It's X o'clock and I'm still sober! "
Even if it's every two minutes. It's dumb but it's working. Lol
Old 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ughh...for the first time in so very long (over 1 year at least) I just had a complicated/complex migraine!

When these first started happening to me, I thought I was having a stroke. After useless testing in the ER a few times and urgent care, I was finally diagnosed a couple of years ago with complex/complicated migraines.

My symptoms are always the same...it starts with vision issues. I see spots, can't read, then I cannot concentrate. Then one of my hands gets numb...then the other hand. Often that numbness spreads up into my mouth and my tongue gets numb, then my speech gets all garbled and finally, I actually get a terrible headache after I come down from all the symptoms.

Today all the symptoms stopped at my numb hands thankfully but I did have a hard time being able to speak...I couldn't say computer for goodness sake...I'm in IT. Luckily it didn't get as bad into the garbled speech though!

Anyway, now i feel like crap and waiting for the aspirin to kick in.

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY NO MATTER WHAT AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE MY MIND!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Ughh...for the first time in so very long (over 1 year at least) I just had a complicated/complex migraine!

When these first started happening to me, I thought I was having a stroke. After useless testing in the ER a few times and urgent care, I was finally diagnosed a couple of years ago with complex/complicated migraines.

My symptoms are always the same...it starts with vision issues. I see spots, can't read, then I cannot concentrate. Then one of my hands gets numb...then the other hand. Often that numbness spreads up into my mouth and my tongue gets numb, then my speech gets all garbled and finally, I actually get a terrible headache after I come down from all the symptoms.

Today all the symptoms stopped at my numb hands thankfully but I did have a hard time being able to speak...I couldn't say computer for goodness sake...I'm in IT. Luckily it didn't get as bad into the garbled speech though!

Anyway, now i feel like crap and waiting for the aspirin to kick in.

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY NO MATTER WHAT AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE MY MIND!!!
I am not saying this is funny.... but its hilarious that you and I have yet ANOTHER thing in common. I was sent to the ER by my doctor in October of last year because he thought I was having a stroke. Turns out... we have the same thing.

I have true empathy for you. Not only is today a hard day but put this on top of it. Being tested, but I KNOW you will pass this test. You are strong in your resolve.

Rooting for you AJ!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Oh 360 that is very funny that we have these crazy migraines in common...wild!!!

I am strong in my resolve (thankfully)...I'm thinking "what would my Mom want me to do?". :-)