Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 17

Old 04-28-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have at least one stroke per day and a good heart attack weekly. Migraines suck. I am sorry to hear you suffer from that. Don't forget - You are a warrior. Persevere and get through this day Joy.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
I have at least one stroke per day and a good heart attack weekly. Migraines suck. I am sorry to hear you suffer from that. Don't forget - You are a warrior. Persevere and get through this day Joy.
Thanks Badger!

Complicated migraine??? Murdering, pedophile father who used me as an alibi and bullet proof shield? (He did go to jail for sexual assault for a little while btw...whew!)

Honey Badger don't care!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 14. Have a soberrific day.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well... You do work in IT. How can you not have migraines. I like to refer to IT folk as Wizards. "Get a wizard over here to fix that so we can do some work." It is tantamount to sorcery for us layman.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Well... You do work in IT. How can you not have migraines. I like to refer to IT folk as Wizards. "Get a wizard over here to fix that so we can do some work." It is tantamount to sorcery for us layman.
Torturery
Old 04-28-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Amazing joy, I'm so sorry about your mum what a lot to carry around on your shoulders. Maybe try to go for a walk in nature or to a waterfall, lake, ocean and try to connect with your mum. Don't let your dad take anything more away from you, including your sobriety. He has already taken so much X
Old 04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

CNGY - Congrats on 2 weeks!

Amazingjoy - I hope you feel better soon. Sorry today's been so tough for you, stay strong.

Del - If taking it minute by minute is working for you then it definitely doesn't sound dumb.

360 - That's great that you had that conversation with your neighbour. You're right, nothing's gonna be more embarrassing than our drunk shenanigans.

tomls - Welcome! You're "you know" comment made me laugh out loud.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks Sansa and OT. Great idea about nature and not letting him take anymore from me! I was going to jog and hang by a lake tonight but I'm still debating...a walk might be better since it's only in the 30s today. :-)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Good morning everyone.

Today is the anniversary of my Mother’s death. She was murdered 34 years ago when I was 11 years old – in 1982. Although there was a prime suspect early on, the case was handled very poorly in the early years and the case became cold.

I did not realize the truth about my Mom’s murder until I was 32 years old – in 2002. I realized the reality that my father was the prime suspect but unfortunately all of the evidence against him has been circumstantial. I worked with the police and wore a wire and had a SWAT team back me up as I confronted my father. The case needed a confession that would hold up in court. Unfortunately, the many attempts to obtain a confession did not succeed.
Damn AJ, I'm so sorry; this is some very heavy stuff. Please stay strong, and lean on us as much as you need to. Have you sought therapy or are you using therapy now? This is something that I would probably have to seek therapy to help me deal with.

At any rate, stay strong today. Tomorrow will be a new day.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
thanks you guys for all your posts. it's like an aa meeting at home. and when people are typing they don't say "you know" every other word. i am new here. sorry to hear about your mom amazing, good luck tonite. stay busy!
Hi tomls. Welcome to Sober Recovery and to the February class. We're glad you're here.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. Day 15 for me. I'm doing a little better each day, but I'm suffering with evening fatigue. It's been an issue for me for awhile, and it's related to my T2 diabetes. But I'll overcome it eventually; I just need to get my diet and exercise programed correctly. But not drinking comes first.

CcG - well done on two weeks. You're only a day behind me, so let's keep sober together.

AJ - stay vigilant this evening. I'm sorry about the migraines. They'fe something I've never had to deal with, so I can only imagine what you're going through.

Del - Are you in your 2nd day of sobriety now? If so, keep at it, the worst will be over soon. Stay sober today, and tomorrow morning pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Lee & PHRD - Two months tomorrow, fantastic. Feels pretty good, I'm sure. And well done on two months today PHRD

JL - thanks for dropping in and saying hello.

OT- take care of those toes. Speaking of cats, I had to let my 20 year old cat go early last year, but I may be getting two kittens in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to that. I've never gone this long (over a year) without a dog or a cat to keep me company

Badger, 360, OOTT and Jobei - it sounds like you are all doing well with your sober journeys. Give yourselves an attaboy or attagirl for your accomplishments.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Checking in. Thanks T2R! I can't believe AJ and 360 have another thing in common! AJ I'm so sorry about your mom. Yes, do what she would want you to do. She would want you to take care if youself so you don't die before your time like she did. And alcohol is poison. Nasty stuff. I had a great time tonight going out to dinner and talking with my husband. No mind alteration needed. Hello to the new person that stopped by - Im horrible with names. Ok. 24 hour pact AJ? Where's Apple? Happy 60 buddy!!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Lee and Cute on your milestones Amazingjoy - I can't begin to imagine...I'm glad you're been posting today, amongst friends

D
Old 04-28-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I missed you Sansa. Sorry; I believe you're on day 82?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for allowing me to share today it really helped to be able to put it out there since it is not something I share easily!

I did the advanced TaeBo after all and it was definitely hard to do and helped me a lot. I've just finished up my apple fritter treat and will be heading to bed soon...first time through this day without drinking in 14 years...and I did just fine!!! Yay!!!

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

That's so great that you stayed sober today AJ. I'm very happy for you. Enjoy a nice sleep tonight; you deserve it.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Proud of you Joy. You did good.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you Amazingjoy, well done!

Time2 - Hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear about your cat. If you do get kittens please post photos!!

Woke up in the middle of the night feeling really ill. I thought "if I go throw up now everyone will think I've been drinking". Pretty sure everyone's aware you can be sick without drinking. I ended up going back to sleep anyway.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Woke up in the middle of the night feeling really ill. I thought "if I go throw up now everyone will think I've been drinking". Pretty sure everyone's aware you can be sick without drinking. I ended up going back to sleep anyway.
LoL, I've had that issue, sober but sick, and afraid to let anyone know I'm sick because I fear they will think I'm actually sick from drinking.

But, I can't really blame friends and family for being skeptical; I've certainly given them reason to not trust my words. At this point, only my actions can convince others of my sober intentions, and I'm fine with that.

I'll post pics if and when the kittens arrive. They're still a little too young to leave their mother.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
I missed you Sansa. Sorry; I believe you're on day 82?
Thanks T2R I believe you're right! Looking forward to 3 months X