# 321 (permalink)  

That makes me want to say "Bang Tango" for some reason
Old 05-10-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hair on fire today.
Day 97, just like The Badger says.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

B&J flavour of the day - Save Our Swirled (Raspberry ice cream with marshmallows, & raspberry-blackberry swirls and white and dark chocolatey cone pieces). It's wonderful.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I think it should be illegal to put calories on an ice cream cone..... I am now aware that I ate 340 calories of nothingness..... but I loved every minute of it. I will hate myself later.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

And then I read about OT ice cream post.... we are all on a kick I see!
Old 05-10-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hells yeah! Ice cream, Blizzards and Sonic Blasts are the second best things to come out of this experience!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi doodles. Have to report I have had a relapse I have been very depressed, and I know drinking won't help that, but I did it anyway for a couple hours of relief.

Starting again, sorry.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Aww Sadie!!! What happened this time doll? I hope you can learn from it and come back stronger.

Just popping in to say hi. I've been posting w April class, proud to say I have 25 days now! Sorry I haven't posted here. I wanted to post with Aprils back when I had early days, to keep in close touch with those with a similar count.
My last slip was bad and a big lesson learned to me, I know more than ever I don't want to drink.

Glad to see you guys are still here, hugs!!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Sadie

D
Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Sadie! We have all been there before....just carry on and learn from this. You have NOT lost all the days you strung together.

Day 72 check-in for me. Very stressful day yesterday. We had a SERIOUS bomb threat at my building of employment yesterday, and all 1200 employees had to be evacuated to a nearby convention center for 5 hours. Can't imagine if I had been hungover for that one....so many people said, "You seem so CALM, and you make ME feel calm" Benefit 1,000,000 of being sober.

Mood: THANKFUL

Have a great day, everyone!
Lee
Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

That sounds really stressful Leezer. It's brilliant that you could help others stay calm now that you're sober. You're on the right track in your sobriety!

Good to hear from you kittycat, it's always nice to see that you're still around.

Welcome back Sadie. Learn from this and keep going.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Glad you are back Sadie. I now this is tough, but you can do it! Don't stop coming back!

Lee! Glad all is okay. Seems to be a lot of crazy going around lately.

Oott and badger, only two more days and at 100!!!

OT- how's everything looking with you this week?

Aj!!! How's everything, your goal is coming up!

Hi Dee! PHRD! Sansa! Jobei and CnG! And everyone else I forgot to list. Hope everyone is great!
Old 05-11-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi Sadie...really glad you posted and that you are still here with us! So sorry you have been feeling depressed. I hope that you can find a way to help relieve that and start to feel better. Please post away...maybe that can help to lift your spirits a little and maybe even help with motivation?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey Kittycat...nice to hear from you here!

Leezer...too funny...reason #1,000,000....love it!

360...yep...my goal of 40 is right around the corner...day 37 today!

So...all of this ice cream talk...where do you guys put it????

I'm not terribly unhappy with my current weight but I would love to drop about 20 lbs and a couple of clothes sizes.

I've been exercising fairly hard the last 4 weeks...315-370 minutes of very intentional exercise (e.g. not counting walking the dog, playing with the horse, etc.) and I have stayed relatively close to the same weight. My exercise has included jogging for 30 minutes, treadclimber for 30-45 minutes and I've now moved to the advanced TaeBo workout (and thankfully billy blanks isn't wearing a terrible jump suit in that one hee hee).

My clothes are fitting better, my belt is tighter and I'm stronger - I can now do regular push-ups not just girly push-ups! My daughter challenged me to 500 jumping jacks yesterday because they did that in Tae Kwon Do and I happily took on that challenge but my legs were absolutely burning!

So I know I'm on the right track and I'm feeling great. The exercise is really helping my mood and my happiness! I'm sure if I stick with this I will start to see even more results.

But I think it's time to cut the portions down and limit sweets - these 300-400 calorie apple fritters must be contained to only once a week and maybe only once a week for the blizzards too.

I've been allowing myself to use eating to help with the cravings but I'm not having so many cravings anymore. So yep, it's time to reign in the eating.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Hey Kittycat...nice to hear from you here!

Leezer...too funny...reason #1,000,000....love it!

360...yep...my goal of 40 is right around the corner...day 37 today!

So...all of this ice cream talk...where do you guys put it????

I'm not terribly unhappy with my current weight but I would love to drop about 20 lbs and a couple of clothes sizes.

I've been exercising fairly hard the last 4 weeks...315-370 minutes of very intentional exercise (e.g. not counting walking the dog, playing with the horse, etc.) and I have stayed relatively close to the same weight. My exercise has included jogging for 30 minutes, treadclimber for 30-45 minutes and I've now moved to the advanced TaeBo workout (and thankfully billy blanks isn't wearing a terrible jump suit in that one hee hee).

My clothes are fitting better, my belt is tighter and I'm stronger - I can now do regular push-ups not just girly push-ups! My daughter challenged me to 500 jumping jacks yesterday because they did that in Tae Kwon Do and I happily took on that challenge but my legs were absolutely burning!

So I know I'm on the right track and I'm feeling great. The exercise is really helping my mood and my happiness! I'm sure if I stick with this I will start to see even more results.

But I think it's time to cut the portions down and limit sweets - these 300-400 calorie apple fritters must be contained to only once a week and maybe only once a week for the blizzards too.

I've been allowing myself to use eating to help with the cravings but I'm not having so many cravings anymore. So yep, it's time to reign in the eating.
I've been able to calm my eating down a bit.... I went from eating junk everyday to about twice a week now.

I wish I had your will to exercise!! I work in the yard and don't sit down all day, so that's my excuse lol.

You sound like you are doing great and have a great routine! I doubt your weight loss goal is very far out.

I thank God for my high metabolism, that's where I put it. I'd weigh 300 pounds if I didn't have it!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Really fighting here. Taking off work and going to try to take a walk.

Going into pretty deep depression here, I was doing well then bam. I'm hoping it's bcuz I have been forgetting to take thyroid pills although this has occurred before I was hypothyroid. Need to get out of black hole, feeling its pulling me down and I am weak to it. Does anyone else experience this?

Glad to see so many doing well. I had a Brownie batter CORE ben and Jerry's. It was great but I have gained weight since working on sobriety

Have been ignoring calls from friends so maybe time to make calls today.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Stay with us Sadie. It can take a while to get the alcohol out of the system. That is not helping the depression. It will get better.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

For diet I am really working hard to not eat carbohydrates or sugar. Its a Badger's version of the pelio diet. I work out and I refuse to go hungry though. For sweets I eat dark, dark chocolate with little sugar. I lost around 1lb per week but after 7 lbs it has slowed to .5lbs per week or so. Its slow and controlled. I think the losses are being offset to a degree by gains in muscle. And I think it will be sustainable. Just have to stop eating cookies, cakes, crackers, chips, etc. You can have one serving of carbs daily. I choose wisely.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hey errrrrbody!
My hair's on fire, but I'm holding the line.
I have a mini-plan, which is just to play the tape forward, as many have suggested. That seems to work. I know how bad and how guilty I'll feel if I get even "just one beer." As we know, one beer leads to six beers. Or eight.
I think the AV is a little louder than it was a month ago, I don't know why.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I don't want just one beer. I want many. One is just empty calories so to speak. I play the tape forward too. Its not good. I think I have said this before but I am not strong enough to quit the Quit and deal with the ensuing aftermath.