Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 17

Old 05-04-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Way to go AJ!

Tell us how it goes OT
Old 05-04-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I feel like our herd is thinning out. Where is errybody? Miss so many people!!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I noticed JL in the May class.
Hang in there, JL.
I have mild AV now and then... but I really feel like I'm going to make it. I was at the store late last night, alone, and walked down the beer aisle without much trouble. I flipped the bottles and cans on both sides a double bird, but that was mostly just for fun.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 30 days AJ.

I'm still here, and I have no intentions going anywhere, even though I slipped in April

I'll be finishing up 21 days in a half hour.

Stay strong folks.

Peace.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

lol, i would totally do that too......haahahahaa

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I noticed JL in the May class.
Hang in there, JL.
I have mild AV now and then... but I really feel like I'm going to make it. I was at the store late last night, alone, and walked down the beer aisle without much trouble. I flipped the bottles and cans on both sides a double bird, but that was mostly just for fun.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

In still here. Just flat out. Fingers crossed for you OldTomato
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Day 66 and Thursday check-in. It is unbelievable how much easier this week has been than the past couple. I was really laid out with that cold and work has been intense. Friday is a-comin'!
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 05-05-2016, 01:06 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I'm leaving in about half an hour, I'll let you all know how it went when I get home tonight.

I've been doing some research and I've found a way to build the future I really want. I was just going to settle for the closest possible route before. It would mean having to retake a lot of exams and pass them with flying colours as a private candidate. It would be a lot of hard work but it would pay off. Or, I could choose my easy route and never reach the top of my field but still be working in it. I have to make this decision by mid-May. It's well and truly kicked my interview nerves that's for sure!!
Old 05-05-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good luck OT! Sorry I haven't posted as much. Moving a business and we are getting slammed with orders. I passed on meeting a friend in town for Happy Hour. More of an acquantance in from out of town. I could just envision her pressuring me to have one and so I skipped it. I've had a couple mini thoughts from AV but I still am resolved and know not to go near that stuff or I will ruin everything. I'm here and will keep posting. I like our group. It's important to my sobriety. SansaS I just got The Night Dough or something like that yesterday (B&J) and almost made the whole trip to the store fir B&J!!! Have a great day and congras AJ! You're right back up there in the double digits! Keep climbing!
Old 05-05-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats amazingjoy

Hope everyone is doing ok out there

D
Old 05-05-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good morning guys!

Congrats on 30 Aj!! What are you gonna do on day 41??? Celebrate with day 42 right?!?!

Hi Lee!! Our class is posting much much less!

Good luck OT, we are all rooting for you.

Hi dee!

Day 88. Yesterday was hard. Not in the I wanna drink sense but had to deal with some stuff I don't like to deal with. Briefly crossed my mind but yelled at the selfishness of AV. Pretty sure I am having some of the much talked about PAWS. But I'm recognizing it and not going to let it get the best of me.

Looked up the term dry drunk. Pretty sure I live with one. Think he's resenting me for encouraging him to remain sober. He thinks he "deserves" a drink for working. Remember those thoughts? I just see the alcoholic behavior and thoughts (that he voices, I'm not saying I'm psychic) running rampant some days. Looking for a fight. Makes me so sad. I don't really know what to do. He has to want this, he has to make the decisions, but he's hanging it on me.

Sorry for the rant! Today is going to be a good day. Gratitude..... I wrote more business in the first two days of this month than I did all last month. My home is peaceful and I love it. So grateful for my little ones and every sober day I have with them, and of course, grateful for another SOBER day!

Love you guys!

JL and del, thinking and praying for you both. Hope you're hanging in there.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

360...hmmm....what will I do after I reach my 40 day goal? I'm still figuring out what new goal to set...I may not have any big next goal...I'm loving how this sobriety is feeling and I never want to go back to where I was!

I am planning to celebrate on 5/15 with lots of b-day cake for my daughter!

With all the money I've been saving I'm planning to buy her a canoe for her b-day! It should be a great surprise for her and a fun way for her to enter into double digits!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Today I was driving back from a work project, and I thought: We were told a lie. We were told by society and media that alcohol is cool and fun, and there's no option except to buy booze and drink, otherwise you're not in the mainstream. For instance, it never once, not once, occurred to me in my 20s and 30s that had the choice not to drink. It would have been like me deciding that I was going to build a house on the moon. It's just not an option that occurred to me.
Now that I've stopped, all the pieces fell into place for me. Every aspect of my life improved. Everything.

My other thought: I've never been so busy. Busy with my expanded work contract, busy doing work on my house. I'm reliable and productive now. I show up for work prepared and on time. I'm nicer and more patient. I like my life now, and I like myself.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Guys, the interview went great! I should find out either tomorrow or Saturday. Feeling pretty happy now. My life is going to be SO busy come September, I can't wait.

PHRD - Good to hear from you, well done for realising it's probably best to skip seeing that friend.

360 - Hope things get better.

Amazingjoy - That sounds like an amazing idea!! A much better way of spending your money.

OOTT - Great post, it's so good to hear things like that.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Today I was driving back from a work project, and I thought: We were told a lie. We were told by society and media that alcohol is cool and fun, and there's no option except to buy booze and drink, otherwise you're not in the mainstream. For instance, it never once, not once, occurred to me in my 20s and 30s that had the choice not to drink. It would have been like me deciding that I was going to build a house on the moon. It's just not an option that occurred to me.
Great comments OOTT. They are some of the same points Jason Vale and Allan Carr make in their respective books.

In most cultures around the world, drinking is a right of passage. It's part of becoming an adult. Social conformity almost demands that we drink (but then society is appalled when some of us develop problems with drinking and do bad things. That's a bit hypocritical).

As Vale points out in his book, "[alcohol] remains the only drug on earth you have to justify not taking."

Fortunately, society's perception of alcohol and of those who abstain is changing for the better. And it will continue to change IMO. And even if it doesn't change, I have to remember that I can't worry about society's sometimes odd demands; I get to walk my own path.

Besides, I've always been a bit of a rebel and a nonconformist
Old 05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Guys, the interview went great!
I'm glad to hear this OT. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news to come your way.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Nobody get any wise ideas tonight......tacos ONLY. OK, burritos and queso too.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Nobody get any wise ideas tonight......tacos ONLY. OK, burritos and queso too.
...and enchiladas hustuquenas...maybe some guacamole...yum!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

OOTT and T2R, the book This Naked Mind covers the same social aspects of drinking...interesting stuff!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Congrats OT - bet you'll get the job! Congrats AJ!!! OOTT I am in complete agreement with you. It's everywhere that alcohol is something fun and s goid time. But what about all the deaths it causes whether accidents, violence or long term health issues? Not so "fun" then is it? People run over by drunk drivers or accidents they cause that kill innocent people. I love my new life too. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel superior that I like being sober and in the moment. No need to alter my brain to feel good... I feel awesome already.