Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 11

Old 04-26-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ladyboo View Post
on a pity pot today- actually started yesterday- wish i had never been born- then none of this would be happening. no worries- won't hurt myself (lost really good life insurance with past job!)- have no desire to drink or use (thank God!) just overwhelmed with grief, worry about financial future, a plan we were working on didn't pan out- bleh, just bleh....if i had never been born- NONE of this would even be happening! yet- here i am....
ladyboo ~ I am glad you are here and some day soon, I think you will be glad you were born. Don't let alcohol tell you how to feel....those feelings lie to you.

And it sounds like you're going through hard times. ((((ladyboo)))) keep being strong and things WILL get better.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
ROBOT FOR SALE:

A father buys a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.
He decides to test it out at dinner one night.
The father asks his son what he did that afternoon.
The son says, "I did some homework."
The robot slaps the son.
The son says, "Ok, Ok, I was at a friend's house watching movies."
Dad asks, "What movie did you watch?"
Son says, "Toy Story."
The robot slaps the son.
Son says, "Ok, Ok, we were watching p*rn."
Dad says, "What? At your age I didn't even know what p*rn was."
The robot slaps the father.
Mom laughs and says, "Well, he certainly is your son."
The robot slaps the mother.

Robot for sale.

No reason. Just thought it was funny.
LOL!!!
Old 04-26-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Fabela have you tried essential oils? I'm a complete oil nerd and unfortunately it takes some trial and error to find what works for you but they have helped me and one of my kiddos a lot.

Well I may as well confess to you guys my source of serious stress at the moment. Hubs and I don't remember all the details of late Friday night. Stuff happened and we will find out if a new little PR is on its way in about 2 weeks. I absolutely don't want anymore kids but a new one certainly isn't the worst thing in the world.....so I keep telling myself.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

ROBOT FOR SALE:

A father buys a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.
He decides to test it out at dinner one night.
The father asks his son what he did that afternoon.
The son says, "I did some homework."
The robot slaps the son.
The son says, "Ok, Ok, I was at a friend's house watching movies."
Dad asks, "What movie did you watch?"
Son says, "Toy Story."
The robot slaps the son.
Son says, "Ok, Ok, we were watching p*rn."
Dad says, "What? At your age I didn't even know what p*rn was."
The robot slaps the father.
Mom laughs and says, "Well, he certainly is your son."
The robot slaps the mother.

Robot for sale.

No reason. Just thought it was funny.
lmao
Old 04-26-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

PR- let us know if congratulations are in order. I'm kind of laughing. (Only kind of)
Old 04-26-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

LOVE the robot joke

Peacefulrain - oh boy, I hate those waits. Hope you can keep yourself distracted in the meantime, no use stressing about it now right?
I'd like to try essential oils too though actually, I don't know much but a friend of mine says good things.

Fabela - hope you feel better in the morning

Time to walk my dog I woke up really hungry this morning so I think a big breakfast is in order too
Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

PR oh boy!! I love my kids and while this last pregnancy was traumatic I'm almost thankful they had to take my uterus.

I'm interested in what oil you used/what issue, you can PM me too if preferable. I have a bunch but I don't think I utilize them to their full potential. And my diffuser just broke, boo!!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Pelagic

I always get worried when people keep the one bottl;e just to 'test themselves'...to me there's no greater test that opening that sucker and pouring it down the sink.

It doesn't mean that you're in a complete crash an burn tho. It means you made one mistake...you haven't lost anything you learned or accomplished in your sober time...get back on the right road....

Ladyboo - early recovery is rough - but things can do and will get better - believe me

You;re a unique person - the world would be worse off without you, and so would the Marchers

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
I fell off the wagon yesterday it ran me over and dragged my butt all over town.
Hey B - I think you need a better plan that posting on SR and trying not to drink, man. What say you?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

I'm sorry for your fear Fabela but when we're panicking I think it's useful to differentiate between what we fear might happen and what we know could happen.

Most of what you wrote was fear

These links may help you with catastrophising (yes even the manliness one lol):
How to Stop Catastrophizing and Start Living a Happier and More Relaxed Life

Build Your Resiliency: Quit Catastrophizing | The Art Of Manliness

I hope things are a little more settled for you now.

D
Old 04-26-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Checking in. Today was a good day. Nice weather, went for a hike in the woods and then got things ready for my little boy's first birthday party. It was a good turnout of family and close friends.

I'm sorry to those who are struggling. I am still struggling despite the good day. Mixed emotions. Sad that I have spent the first year of my baby's life, drunk. Hopeful that I can be a sober mom to him, for good, and he will never remember the hard days.

My heart aches though. Can't believe he's a year old. I'm ready for healing and true recovery.

Xoxoxo.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Jemma, your baby is so young, what a great time to get sober.

PR, I remember those waits too. Try to distract yourself. Exciting and scary at the same time, right?

Ladyboo, Pelagic, Fabela, Kayak, and anyone having a hard day or a day one…hold on and remember, this too shall pass.

Ladybug: I know weather can be a trigger for you, you can do this. Think of waking up in the morning and how great you will feel. I know we are so similar on that one (and lots of other ones!).

Great quote Applekat, thank you for sharing.

Ending day 3. Dinner with my ex was postponed until Thursday. It’s for the best, I need a little more time to think about how I’m going to handle this, what I’m going to say, and even what I want. I will admit, as soon as we postponed, my first thought was to drink. I don’t do well when plans change and I felt lost, like I didn’t know how to reschedule my night. But slowly I thought about what would be the right things to do: I ran 2 miles, walked my dogs 1 mile, made a quick healthy dinner, showered and ran and errand with my daughter and did a little shopping. For me, this is the way to live sober. Figure things out, do the right things, one day at a time. When I was feeling unsettled and thinking of drinking, I realized THAT was the pivotal moment. I took a step back, identified what I was feeling and just sat on it for a while until I figured things out.

Last night I had a scary night’s sleep…disturbing thoughts and dreams, waking up randomly. It’s so funny how sometimes I sleep like a baby the first few days and other times sleep is choppy. No rhyme or reason. Just more of the unpredictability of alcohol and its effects.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Old 04-26-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hey, Purple.
Was reading old stuff and realize we are missing horsestaple and surrender2win.

Kiki- miss you!

Was reading older stuff. Clearlyheaded, I love your name. I read your first post, 6 years ago. You've been through a lot since then. Way to keep your chin up.

Jemma- I was sober when my kids were little. Not sober the last few years. Guess what they'll remember? I'm proud of you for making the changes now to be a better parent.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't checked in in a few days. We were out of town & the connection was bad. I'm still hanging in there and sober though! Not sure how many days...I will need to look at my calendar. (Counting days gets annoying sometimes). :-/

I browsed through the threads and noticed that some of you are struggling. I want you to know that I will be saying extra prayers for you tonight! :-)

Anyway...I'm exhausted! I've been running around like a crazy person for days! Our kids keep us busy!!!

Did everyone have a good day?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Kiki- miss you! .
Hi Bobbie! Missed you too! How are you???
Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Doing my after work check-in. Fairly slow night. Decent but not great money was made. I'm glad to be home. Drinking some lemonade, going to do some journaling and maybe watch tonight's double episodes of New Girl before I crash.

I successfully ignored the impending disaster that is my ever-growing dirty clothes pile all day today. I will have to take care of that tomorrow. Yuck.

Glad to see KiKi0615 back with us. Hope your trips went well!

Congratulations to everyone who stayed sober today and thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Doing good, Kiki. Proms and work and baby showers. Should have a new baby here in 2 weeks. Pretty exciting.

Casey, are you freaking kidding me?!? You're a single guy. As a mother of 4, in a household of 6, I don't think you get to complain about laundry! Just kidding- it's all relative. Enjoy your evening.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Casey, are you freaking kidding me?!? You're a single guy.
When I saw these two lines, I thought you were going to make fun of me for watching New Girl.

My laundry only really sucks because I live in a tiny apartment so have to cart my dirty laundry over to my dad's. Like I said, I don't have a car so even though it's only a couple of long blocks away, it's just a drag. Plus I love my folks to death but their house smells like cigarette smoke and they keep Fox News blaring all the time from two different televisions on different sides of the house so there's no escaping it.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Well, okay. Let's go back to New Girl, then.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm taking Charlie to the vet for his shots and a general health check, and we'll talk about chemical castration. I'll be back later.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing those links Dee, really helpful to me too

FABL - Great that you were able to step back and see what was going on, and make the right choices instead of reaching for a drink. I think what you said about doing the right thing one day at a time is exactly it, and what I personally missed on my last times. Every good decision counts, it does all add up, but every bad decision chips away at us a bit more. Good motivation to keep making the right choices I think.

Kiki - So good to see you back again how was your trip?

Casey and bobbie you guys always make me laugh

Fabela - Good morning hope the vet trip goes well and not too much anxiety. My last dog hated the vet, but this one is oblivious lol