# 41 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf!
Congrats!
Old 04-09-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you feel well enough now Mags,

Toots, having a deadline makes my muse disappear sometimes, having one brings my muse back sometimes. You'll find her again.
I have no clue yet on the murder/suicide either. They will eventually release the details and motive.

FBL, I am taking a break from edging and weed eating then doing the back half on the zero turn. In my jeans and T-shirt. It is cool here too, 74°, and I broke a sweat.

Mesa, we all looked like that in the 50s and some in the 60s!

IP,
Here in the US the oil interests spent a lot of money on a PR campaign and have convinced the right wingnuts that climate change and oil risks from spills and fracking won't hurt lil ol Mother nature. Before anyone takes offense because they are right or left, I mean the crazy tin foil hat brigades which seem to make up 10% of either extreme. Willful ignorance, and proud to boot? What a concept!

Gotta go cut, eat, whip, and mow, the chlorophyyl organisms that are creeping up to take over the grounds and house here before they do. They are psychotic because I first encourage them with food for plants, then I cut em down.

Hey Sassy! RZ!
Old 04-09-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itchy
Old 04-09-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
instant

SW congratulations on 1000 !!

every sober day is a gift !!
Old 04-09-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats SW!!! 1,000 days, cool!

I'm going to see Guns n' Roses!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEE. These guys were my heroes all through high school and I can't believe I'm going to actually get to see them live.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Wow InPar. Very cool. I would LOVE to hear Patience live.
Enjoy!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP squeeeee!!! Enjoy!

Itchy, because my writing is still just a hobby, I don't have deadlines, perhaps it would help focus me more on my time if I did. After next week I an back to my usual hours and recovered from my lurgy, so should get chance to write, but then guilt kicks in when I look around the garden and house and see stuff that needs done! If my writing earned real money, I could pay someone to do that work and wouldn't feel so bad but I can't be bothered to do the marketing that might heighten my online profile! Ho hum.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Overs
Old 04-10-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, that's great! Hope Axl actually shows up

This morning we have a rain/sleet combo. Just enough to put the damper on my extended Sunday morning walk...may have to scale it back or cancel entirely.

Had a stray drinking thought flash thru my brain the other day, coupled with some weird drinking dreams the last two nights. Just goes to show that the AV dies hard and we must always remain vigilant.

Have a great Sunday, overs!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congrats on the big 1,000 Wolf!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job crushing the AV Fbl

Thank you Drake
Old 04-10-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!
Old 04-10-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Re-Member

YW Wolf,

FBL,
Wow! Mine must have given up. I haven't had a drinking dream in a year or three, I forget. Glad your impulse control still trumps the AV!

Toots,
I am re-tired but even this and one other forum, then reading all my emails, and responding to the ones I deem necessary, still take up half my day.

Sassy,
Top o' the mornin' to you too!

IP,
you must be the same age as my kids! I am not a big fan of theirs but have gotten to watch some of my favorites live when they were on top or growing there.

My celebrity story was waaaay back in 1966, when groups toured around New York and played Stamford HS Gym/auditorium next door to our Strawberry Hill Apartments. Good Lovin was a hit climbing the charts and we loved it. Well, our little gang of four of us had an idea to sneak in. We walked into the gym while it was in use and asked to use the bathroom that Friday Morning. Then we unlocked the windows in the men's bathroom which was low enough for us to boost into. The problem was we needed to get there an hour or two early to not be spotted by the gate people. So an hour before the show I was first in and was boosted up and the bathroom was full of . . . The Young Rascals! Scared the peewaddle out of me when I looked up. Busted! They actually helped me pull the other three guys in. They said that they were flattered that we risked possible consequences to see them and decided that if we pretended to be helping them with their equipment they would claim us as their roadies. Great show! Great guys. I was glad that they finally got inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame in 1997.

That was part one their then live singing is in part 2. It's rare that 60 plus year olds, let alone 69 as Felix was when they were inducted, can hit the high notes, but they were, good enough. These among others were a big part my High School DAZE! I was 16 in 1968. 17 for Woodstock 60 miles from me, and 18 just in time to have to dodge the draft number they gave me in Dec 1970 in January 1971 when I fled into the Air Force in January. Crazy daze, crazy decades the 60s and 70s.

Hi Drake, Venus, Instant!

Beautiful sunny day here to finish up my yard work. Hope you have/had the same.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching daddys home this film is funny
Old 04-10-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Do your best

Falling asleep to the force awakens goodnight Overs
Old 04-10-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Nite wolfie.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Venus hello D
Old 04-11-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning SW
Old 04-11-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Great story, Itch. The Rascals were/still are pretty awesome!

I've had a few celebrity encounters over the years. One of the best was in 1994 when legendary rock and roll guitarist Duane Eddy attended the wedding of my boss's daughter. It was one of those outdoor weddings and after the ceremony, I noticed Duane and his wife sitting by themselves, so I grabbed a couple of beers and introduced myself. For the next couple of hours I heard some great stories about his career, from the time he started right up until he was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame earlier in 1994. He was such a nice guy and my boss is still friends with him to this day. Here's his best-known hit "Rebel 'Rouser":

Have a Marvelous Monday, all!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

i got to play with the The McCoys with Rick Derringer way back when

got paid for it, and had a great time, nice guy too