# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 7

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 04-05-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Keets. That chronic pain stuff can be a real downer. Hope whatever you've got going on continues to work!

Just kind of plugging along right now. Work is pretty busy, so that helps to keep me honest. I'll need to find a few things to do this to break up the monotony before it becomes an excuse to do something stupid. Not much out in the theaters that I care for. Maybe a little home improvement !!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

@work. Forcing the students to conjugate German verbs. I feel evil.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Bobbie... That's a tough one taking a child to rehab. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Only have time for a quick check-in on Day #29. (Thanks Casey for reminding me on the number of days!! lol)

Running a little late. Insomnia again last night... seems like just as soon as I fell asleep, the alarm was going off. Gonna be a tough day.

Congrats to all making it through another sober day, and big hugs to all having a tough time. Hope you all have a safe and sober Tuesday!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yaaaawn, the end of Day 11. I'm off to bed.

See you all in my morning

Stay sober while I sleep please!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi guys, thanks for all the nice posts and private messages. You guys are amazing.

Day 2. Feel like crap. I feel like I keep climbing part way up the same mountain and falling down to the bottom over and over.

It's a nightmare but I can't give up. Not much else to say but I love you guys.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're still here trying kiki,
glad to see others still checking in

I got through my cravings and work meeting and went out to dinner, so I'm feeling better. Thanks to those who helped me stay on track these last few days, they've been brutal. I feel much better tonight though, ready to jump back into sobriety and stop dwelling on all the damage I did in that last relapse.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Our addictions can make us do some stupid and crazy things.

When the artist Thomas Kinkade died I read an article that said he had hired a sober gaurd to accompany him everywhere to keep him sober but at the same time he was paying his maid to hide whiskey in his room. I will defeat my enemy.

Last edited by Kayak63sc; 04-05-2016 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-05-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning, Class. Hope everyone has a great day.

Kayak - I could see myself doing that.

immri - horsestaple - have a pleasant night's sleep.

Surrender - Congratulations on 29 days!

Kiki - Keep doing it. We're here for you. I would love to give you some magic, but it just doesn't work that way.

MITA - You seem to be doing a great job - plugging along. Keep it up.

Dee - Thanks for the new thread and all of the wise words.

Have a fantastically sober Tuesday! (Wednesday, Aussies)
Old 04-05-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fabela - I wrote you in my head but forgot to add it. Have fun teaching German. Keep staying strong. I know it's a good feeling when your husband is proud of you, Keep that feeling with you when you are tempted to drink.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bobbie. My husband is my rock.

Work got a little bit more interesting than expected, one of the students (not in my class)got into a fight with another student, freaked out and started kicking teachers. The principal came (a big man), and when the student went for his throat he just held him to calm him down. It didn't work, and when he threatened to shoot him (he had no weapon) they called the police. It took five policemen to handcuff him, but then he finally calmed down. The bad thing was that a LOT of the other students saw the whole thing and were pretty scared, but I had no idea this had happened and only heard about it afterwards.

I've been teaching since 1991, and this is the first time I have experienced something like this. Still, it shouldn't have happened.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

wow. That's awful, Fabela. Hope the kid gets help.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good morning!
I'm pretty sure it's day 10 for me I have to go back to previous posts but I'm sure it's day 10. Anyways if you didn't real my reply a few pages ago I'm doing a lot better today. No more fever, still a little sore but not like I was (fibromyalgia gets bad for me when I'm ill or anything is wrong with me) now I don't need my husband to get me out of bed and help me back in door now I seem a little stronger and have less pain. I actually feel at the level I should be at 1 week post op. I don't know if that was alcohol related or if just had just had a long complicated surgery that could be compared to a c section but with less pain. I'm not having any cravings and our house dry anywhere so if I'm even tempted to pick something it's so 7 miles. I'm not cleared to drive yet and I don't think I would make it a block. I'm sure when I driving again AV will be there so I'm going to try and fill my schedual with aa meetings and working on my business some more. But for now nothing for me today
Old 04-05-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Bobbie - how are you holding up? Hope your kid gets the help he needs. It's one thing to face addiction yourself. As a parent, it's got to be hard to see your child struggling. Keeping you both in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Keets - so glad you are feeling better!!!!

Fablea - that sounds scary. Glad no weapon was involved though. Hopefully that student gets the help he needs.

Kiki - keep at it! You keep getting right back up, and that's important! Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

MITA - keep going strong!!

Surrender2win - insomnia here too last night. I finally fell asleep at 5:30. My neighbor dropped off her kid for babysitting at 8:30. It's going to be a long one. Hope your day is quiet and you get some energy to get through. Tonight's the night for good sleep, I just know it!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keets, glad you are healing. Hopefully, getting all of these sober days behind you will help you when you can get out.

Clearlyheaded - thanks for your thoughts. It is really hard watching him go and knowing how nervous he is. His girlfriend is having a baby in a month, he won't be here. I am really sad for him, but glad he finally asked us for help.
Hope you manage to wake up. Insomnia sucks. Have a great day!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Fabela;

I've been teaching since 1991, and this is the first time I have experienced something like this. Still, it shouldn't have happened.[/QUOTE]

Where I live stuff like this happens all the time it's a pretty sad to think about I grew up near neighborhoods like this all the time now as a grown up the same still goes on and it's now their kids
Old 04-05-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

A poem for today

well, old friend,
I suppose this
is it, the end
of a harrowing road
that started out
innocently enough
but went off
a cliff long ago,

the time long past
to put you down
and stop lurching
between mad dreams
and unhinged
reality,

stop playing
the willing fool
and pull my liver
from your teeth,
snatch my sanity
from your fire

for I've nothing left
to give you, Scratch,
and I'll chase
your spirits
no more

Unknown
Old 04-05-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good day all! Getting caught up with all of you. It's nice to see we're all still hanging in there, in our various ways. We can do this, so don't give up!

Day 21 and although I'm not too inspired, I'm committed to recovery. I'm rapidly closing in on a sobriety record dating back to . . . 2001. Yup, fifteen years and one month ago.

That sounds good but I'm feeling the same thing that led to my failing that time. Three weeks in and I catch myself saying, "OK, so you're living sober now, but guess what, it's still just YOU underneath it all and it's YOU that you were trying to cover up with alcohol in the first place."

For some (many?) recovery involves more than just living the same life sober because we used alcohol as a cover-up, indeed as anesthesia. I think that's me. So, I've got to dig a little deeper and rearrange some pretty deep stuff, lifelong depression and defeatism chief among them. I'm up for it this time. I'm better equipped in many, many ways and almost despite myself.

If any others feel this way, let's make sure we push through this time. I'm really ready for some open-ended happiness for a change and I'm going to do whatever it takes. Are you in?

Continued thanks to all of you. The ups and downs, the struggles--it's all worth it. Let's all get through today sober OK? I like it when we do that, hard as it may be.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 24. Another night of vivid dreams. Not drinking dreams, just anxious ones. I'll be glad when this little phase stops as it's making it hard to get started in the morning. Coffee should be ready in about 2 minutes. That's not fast enough.

Work tonight. Need to go do some grocery shopping beforehand. The cupboards are a little bare.

Woo hoo, part 7 already! Only 39 more parts to go before we catch up to March 2013. If we really work hard, I think we can get there by the end of the weekend, guys!

Hope you survive that massive wound to your finger, Fabela. And that lack of a Hello Kitty bandage. Norway must be a barbaric place. Here in the USA we're given an unlimited supply of various Hello Kitty medical supplies as soon as we're born. Conjugating German verbs? How many languages do you speak? Like most Americans, I'm English only, though years of working in restaurants I have a pretty good grasp on kitchen Spanish, meaning I know the cooking-related words and phrases and most of the curse words as well. P.S. ODAAT stands for one day at a time.

Even before you said you were feeling much better, I could tell you'd turned a corner just by the tone of your posts to others, Keets. So glad you're having a good start to your day. That tip about drinking a big glass of cold water is a great one. Hot showers can also cure many thoughts of drinking. Maybe water is the best medicine.

What kind of home improvement project are you contemplating, Man InTheArena. For some reason every time I type your name I want to sing it to the tune of that "Man in the Mirror" song by Michael Jackson.

I have spilled my coffee three times in the last five minutes. Going to be one of those days.

I got your back, Surrender2win. If we just keep racking up those sober days, you'll always be 5 days ahead of me. I went in the Class of May 2015 thread the other day. Kind of sad to see it a ghost town. Site1Q84 did answer me though, she seems to still be doing good.

Sweet dreams, horsestaple. Congrats on day 11!

Drink lots of water, KiKi0615. Glad you're sticking with us. Remember you never have to feel this way again. One day at a time. Stay close to here and check in often. You seem to do better when you're active with us.

I think living in today is a great idea, immri. Good job staying away from that first drink. Sleep good.

How you feeling today, Kayak63sc? Thanks for sharing that poem.

Always great to see you checking in early, Bobbieka. You're my rock in this class in lots of ways.

Hope that kid you're babysitting is young enough to want to take a nap soon, clearlyheaded. Hang in there.

So happy to see you, Pelagic263. Three weeks is awesome! You are absolutely right in that quitting drinking is not the answer to all the problems in my life, it's just the absolutely necessary first step. Sounds like you're on the right track, thank you for sharing your recovery with us.

As always, don't get offended if I don't mention you by name, this class is so big and these are just off the top of my head, but I'd love to hear from Ladybug2 and forabetterlife and Applekat and beerbgone and anyone else who hasn't checked in yet this morning. Remember you don't have to that first drink today no matter what. And as long as you don't take the first drink, you don't have to worry about the second or third or seventh one that will surely follow. Have a nice day everyone!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Starting day 24. Another night of vivid dreams. Not drinking dreams, just anxious ones. I'll be glad when this little phase stops as it's making it hard to get started. Coffee should be ready in about 2 minutes. That's not fast enough.

Work tonight. Need to go do some grocery shopping beforehand. The cupboards are a little bare.

Hope you survive that massive wound to your finger, Fabela. And that lack of a Hello Kitty bandage. Norway must be a barbaric place. Here in the USA we're given an unlimited supply of various Hello Kitty medical supplies as soon as we're born. Conjugating German verbs? How many languages do you speak? Like most Americans, I'm English only, though years of working in restaurants I have a pretty good grasp on kitchen Spanish, meaning I know the cooking-related words and phrases and most of the curse words as well.
My finger hasn't fallen off yet, thanks for asking.
I speak English and German, I've studied both and I have taught both languages at an international school in Vienna. I also speak a tiny bit Russian. Being Scandinavian, I understand both Swedish and Danish, and I can speak Swedish if I have to. And since I'm a musician, I know quite a few words in Italian, but that's all. No curse words, though.
Congrats on day 24, hope those dreams get calmer.