Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 04-05-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I hate when its peopley too, Kayak.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi friends. Just checking in this afternoon. Still sober. Gonna go take a nap. Still pretty upset with myself. You have no idea how much your love & support means. (((Thank you)))
AFAICS, the problem isn't falling off the wagon it's not getting back on again. I'm sure I will slip between now and Kingdom Come but I hope I am as strong as you that I can stop again straight away.

It's very inspirational as in the past when I've stopped drinking and failed it's taken me months to do anything about it.

Day 12 for me. It's going to be a scorcher here; 34C which is 93F for the Americans on the board (pretty much everyone!). I've dug out some of my old 1980s house music on You Tube which is a bit of fun. I've got 808 State going ATM. No idea if they ever made it to the US or Australia.

Anyway, off to feed the sourdough and then get the Ponystaples off to school.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hope you don't mind. I wanted to post this here for Kiki

“Life’s real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.”
– Unknown

That can't happen if you don't give up!
Old 04-05-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Why would we mind, lein? Whether you want to be "in" this class or not, you quit drinking in March 2016 using this website, you've posted on this thread before, so you'll always be one of us. At least in my mind.

And that's a nice quote you shared, by the way. I'm going to remember that one.

Walking into work now. Remember to come ask for help if your addiction starts piping up. You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just checking in as day 12 is winding down - I am still sober and actually had a pretty decent day today....outside of this head cold that I have come down with....but better a cold than a hangover
Old 04-05-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Just checking in as day 12 is winding down - I am still sober and actually had a pretty decent day today....outside of this head cold that I have come down with....but better a cold than a hangover
Well done Samantha.

It always picks me up a bit in the morning when you post that you are going to bed sober as my Day 12 (or whatever) starts as yours ends!

Sleep well
Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

LB - I like that - "telling on yourself". We should all be doing that more on here lol! Looking forward to your check in telling us you're heading to bed sober!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Horesestaple - wow it's hot where you live and rainy and miserable in my part of Aus!!

Everyone - so glad to have a few pages of posts to catch up on each morning, it's lovely to wake up and check here first thing, I go for a walk with my dog then settle in with a coffee and read every one of your posts. I laugh, I cry, I want to reach out and hug you all. You're all so great for keeping this class as active and supportive as it is. We need each other, I think, and it's great to have that.

A bit of a rant about me -
I've finally stopped feeling sorry for myself after my relapse. I still have some damage to clear, and an injury to heal, but I've switched from feeling depressed and helpless and at the mercy of this 'thing' which controls me, to thinking I messed up, I let myself drink, and it's entirely my responsibility and within my control to never let it happen again.

Also, coffee helps my cravings SO much, so I might become an even bigger caffeine addict now lol
Old 04-05-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I like the telling on yourself idea too!! I think we should all do that
Old 04-05-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yes, telling on yourself takes much of the power away, it seems. For me the secretive part of the addiction is crippling. So, if I don't keep it a secret, there isn't much left to it. It really helped me when I came on here Sunday saying that AV was already in my ear about drinking after my blood tests yesterday. It made it so much easier to shut it down once I shared it with you all.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a great sober night. I haven't been sleeping very well and it's starting to make me feel yucky someone go to bed before I get in trouble

Talk to everyone tomorrow have a good night
Old 04-05-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure I will slip between now and Kingdom Come
Hporsetaple
I'm an Aussie too. There were many years when I couldn't go 3 days without booze.

Today I celebrate 9 years sobriety.

Not blowing my own horn - just presenting a future I think you and everyone else here can achieve too

If you're going to shoot, shoot for the moon - none of this 'I'll probably relapse' stuff.

I say it often but I believe it - if you don't want to drink again, you don't have to

D
Old 04-05-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I hope you sleep well Kayak

the secretive part is definitely a killer I think. actually i've been thinking a bit about this, and i've always been so secretive about everything in my life. I think it's a big part of the damage i've done to myself and my relationships. i'm always over sharing things no one needs to hear, and being secretive about things i could or should be sharing. This is really something i want to work on, actually. sorry to hijack the thought, this just triggered something in me

But yep, hopefully we'll all start (or keep) telling on ourselves, glad it worked!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

wow D, congrats!!!!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Being secretive was my downfall too. Always felt like I was getting away with something.

Dee, 9 years is amazing. What's more amazing is you keep spending your time helping others. I, for one, am glad you do. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I haven't had time to read through the whole thread but I did read a few pages!

Casey, the back stories you shared relating to Baby Jessica were so cool. I thought about her a lot as a kid.

Clearly headed, my mom is 100% Finn. So I'm half too
Old 04-05-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Another slow night at work. Home way early. Glad I made good money this weekend because I sure didn't make much tonight.

Congratulations on nine years, Dee74, and thanks again for everything you do for everyone here and, in particular, all the help you've offered me over the last three years. I don't want to drink anymore, and I don't have to. Thank you for helping me to realize that.

I like the change in your way of thinking, immri. You're on the right path. One day, one step at a time, you've got this.

Thanks to everyone else who has checked in this evening. I'm going to cook some dinner. I drank two cups of coffee in the last couple of hours, need to get some food in me. Talk to you all later.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Casey - and everyone

D
Old 04-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good evening marchers. Today is day one. What a monster this disease is. I'm not gonna whine...going forward.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Stick closer to us, Missy7. When those thoughts of drinking come, get in here and talk about it as fast as you can. Let those feelings out. Take their power away. Tell on yourself, as others above have said tonight. Glad you're still with us. Hang tight. You can do this. WE can do this.