Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 04-02-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Imrri alcohol does not make anything better!
Old 04-02-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

what happened Kayak?

D
Old 04-02-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Just got done w/ work & my AV is nagging at me.....I need to get some FOOD!!!!!
Food is good..

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Just a quick check in. I'll try to do some individual replies a bit later; I know I always appreciate them. I'm not focusing really hard on days, but I am keeping track. Today is day 6! Wow, that came fast! Weekends are usually tough, but I have bloodwork on Monday and I want as accurate a picture of things, so I know I won't muck it up with alcohol this weekend.

I just want to thank each and every one of you for being here. Every post helps me feel connected to wanting to stay sober. I'm feeling a little emotional about it all right now, but in a good way! I'm feeling so hopeful and happy. I know AV is lurking and could try to sabotage that at any moment, but for right now, I'll enjoy what I'm feeling

I'm about to eat a late breakfast (brunch at this point, I guess), fold laundry and then play Minecraft with the kiddo. Man, she loves that game!!
I hope your blood work comes back healthy for your upcoming surgery. Congrats on day 6. Glad your here. ]

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Checking in. Going to get some cleaning done. Stay sober today!
Will do.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Just checking in at the end of day six. Feeling pretty good and I'm physically tired so I should sleep well tonight. I crossed paths with some people that know me as a drunk, but I was cheerful and said hello-even though I was terrified. Major social anxiety right now. They were friendly back and it left me feeling good. Wow! A random social interaction.
I remember someone at a meeting told me, after I finished having my pity party about how everyone hates me, the lady said you can't control people place or things. So even though I've made a complete arse of myself in front of pretty much everyone in this tiny town, I can be sober and move forward towards a new life- and ease my worrying about what people think of me by reminding myself I can't control people place or things. I can only control the choices I make and the attitude I choose to have.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gardengirl80 View Post
I can't control people place or things. I can only control the choices I make and the attitude I choose to have.
That sounds good to me Gardengirl.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whatalaska View Post
Day 11 and struggling. I feel so down. I can never make past 16 days.
You can make it past day 16. It's hard, esp in early recovery. We all understand. Many of us have been thru this recovery several times, if not more. Please ride it out, post here, surf the urg, eat, do anything, sit on your hands, go to a meeting. But, like beerbegone said its poison for us!.. It always will be. Just get through today, this min or hour. Stick close to SR. I could have drank the other day, but I used my tools & reached out here. The Marchers helped me. We can help you too. You can do this. Your worth sobriety~recovery! It's Okay to struggle, be uncomfortable, feel all emotions. It really will get better!... Keep reaching out. Stay connected.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hold up before you leave Azure - what's the problem? Pm me if you prefer? D
Dunno - internet frustrates me . AA didn't work for me . I think I need to do it alone hard as that sounds. The sharing thing , it leaves me feeling strange. West of Scotland . We are a strange lot, and alcohol abuse is rife. We are famous for it . I'll hold off til tomorrow
Old 04-02-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Great job Purplrks & Raw. Food is important for us. Hunger isn't good for us. It can be a trigger. Starting healthy eating habits is awesome.

Big Congrats to Casey on three weeks of sobriety. for being here. Hope your shift go's well tonight & that you treat yourself to special treat.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Naxos View Post
So, I'm nearly at the end of my 22nd day (or 23rd, not sure which is the right way of counting it), and it's still touch and go, emotionally, but I think I'm beginning to get there.

I'm meeting with my boss on Monday afternoon to discuss fast-track opportunities for treatment. My workplace is a very open environment, and absolutely everyone has been supporting me in seeking help for my alcoholism. I'm still nervous though, and I definitely feel as though this is my last chance.

So of course, no more drinking. It's now or never.

Thanks for your support everyone, it's comforting to know I'm not alone.
Congrats on your 23 days of sobriety Very cool that you have a supportive work in environment. You can count any way you want. Don't think there's a wrong way. You aren't alone. But, that sneaky beast likes to play tricks sometimes, it wants us to isolate. Don't let it have it's way. Glad you & everybody is here!!!... I need all of you!...
Old 04-02-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Dinner went well tonight - we ate, laughed and played some board games, all without me sneaking off to have a drink. I was present in the moment and I will remember the evening tomorrow - two things to be grateful for

I am not sure if I will go to the meeting tomorrow. I guess I will decide when I wake up. Do people really do this successfully without AA? I guess that's the question I am really hoping to find the answer to.

I hope you are all having a sober Saturday.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
So the meeting this morning was a little tense. There was this guy there who was really angry and agitated that another member had brought his baby. I find that every time I go to a meeting there is some sort of negative vibe given off by someone - and it really sets my anxiety and panic levels to an all time high.

After the meeting I walked for a bit just to keep the oncoming panic attack at bay and then I did go to the market but it was too crowded and I felt like I couldn't breathe, so I left. Oh well, maybe next week-end.

Now I am home with a cup of tea, waiting for the troops to arrive. I am looking forward to tonight but I feel so physically exhausted from the events of today....

I am second guessing the AA meetings at this point. I'm going to talk to my therapist about it on Monday and see what she has to say.
I think it's hard for us to remember that were all fighting this & may be at different phases in recovery. If you keep getting negative vibes, try hitting another meeting. There are different atmospheres in the rooms. Hope you get some rest. Good job on not drinking just for today.

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Is there room for one more? I quit drinking on 26th March this year so I'm on Day 9 now. The first week was horrible but I seem to be coming out the other side of the physical symptoms. Now it just feels like my head is full of cotton wool.
horsestaple, Always room for one more. Congrats on day 9. I hope your 2nd wk is better, mine was some. Progress not perfection.

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
FABL - I feel similar. I won't drink. Tonight. But I'm on my pity pot about it.

To be honest I'm not sure what is keeping me sober the past couple of days. I'm either stronger than I thought, or totally the opposite since I feel like giving in at day 34. How will I possibly go longer?

Watching Star Wars with the big-little kiddo's. Oh wait, I'm not - hubby is - I'm rocking the teething little sushi roll over and over upstairs while they all relax with popcorn.

I sound so ungrateful tonight. Sorry class! Just feeling the feelings I guess.
Big congrats on day 34. You don't sound ungrateful to me. Enjoy your movie with the fam!..
Old 04-02-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustQuit2016 View Post
Why not do something just for you? Put your feet up and watch tv. You deserve it.
Great idea. I'm going there soon myself, after I cook something.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by azure808 View Post
Guys I think this site is awesome but I'm gonna leave . I will find my own way and have much in the way of pointers and advice. Some lovely helpful genuine people here and I wish you all the best. Love and peace
T
Hope you change your mind. We will miss you!

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Made it through the night but boy was I tempted to go find that wine in case they'd just hidden it.
I realised such a big trigger for me is feeling unwell or heart beating a bit fast as it does after a binge, my go to reaction is that alcohol will make it better. I got through the night though and feeling ok today, a little worse for wear but nothing proper meal and some time won't fix
Might have to deal with some ugly family stuff today, one family member is particularly mad at me. I know drinking won't help though. Spending the morning at the dog park then going to walk home past a nice bakery and get some food. I'll be checking in a lot, hope you're all doing well
Glad you checked in. If it's only lack of booze that's causing your heart to race, it should be over in a few days. Probably most of us (including me) have had to deal with our aftermaths with family/friends. Staying sober is a living amends to them & ourselves. Glad you made it to the dog park.. Yes, stay connected it helps. Addiction would like us to isolate, but don't listen. Besides we all care for each other here.

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
I'm sorry!.. But as Casey says its better than day zero. You can move forward from here. You can do it!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renew12 View Post
horsestaple, Always room for one more. Congrats on day 9. I hope your 2nd wk is better, mine was some. Progress not perfection.
Thanks Renew12. Yup, second week is going much better. I'm still suffering with some insomnia but the shakiness and sweating has gone as well as the awful upset stomach.

TBH I don't find the insomnia too hard to deal with as I wake up more refreshed on 4 hours sober sleep than 8 hours mostly passed out drunk! I just have to remember that's the case when I get frustrated that I can't sleep. It helps that I've taken three weeks off work so it really doesn't matter if I sleep or not
Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Mr. Kayak,
(Extending my hand) here now, get up, dust yourself off and let's do this!

I'd like to join this class please.

I have an addiction and am ready to address it.

Hope everyone is having a sober weekend! I am watching basketball here in the US...talk about a trigger to drink. So I am coming here instead.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by azure808 View Post
Dunno - internet frustrates me . AA didn't work for me . I think I need to do it alone hard as that sounds. The sharing thing , it leaves me feeling strange. West of Scotland . We are a strange lot, and alcohol abuse is rife. We are famous for it . I'll hold off til tomorrow
Internet frustrates me too at times. Most of us need some type of support to remain sober. I feel strange at times sharing too! I don't trust people. Prob, why I like animals so much. Were strange over here too. LOL I think I don't mind be strange a bit. My Grand daddy was a Scotch. Miss him. Glad your holding off on leaving for tom. You are wanted here!.. Oh & I'm female, so maybe I'm sharing too much. Addiction is lonely.

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Dinner went well tonight - we ate, laughed and played some board games, all without me sneaking off to have a drink. I was present in the moment and I will remember the evening tomorrow - two things to be grateful for

I am not sure if I will go to the meeting tomorrow. I guess I will decide when I wake up. Do people really do this successfully without AA? I guess that's the question I am really hoping to find the answer to.

I hope you are all having a sober Saturday.
Glad you had fun tonight. I think part of recovery doesn't always need to be serious. We need to have sober fun. My drinking sure wasn't fun anymore.

I'm not going to comment in depths on AA stuff for now. Except some are successful with out it. Some need it to be successful. I wouldn't close the doors on it until you've tried diff meetings. I think this may help you find your answer. Maybe a woman's meeting like Dee suggested. The doors will always be open. No matter what
you decide.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all who graduated with honors! You
Old 04-02-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Congratulations to all who graduated with honors! You
Oh, good gravy! Another failed reply to which I shall add the full reply:

Congratulations to all who graduated with honors! You’re awesome. I cannot count myself among you.

I want to quit, but I’m just not ready. I believe with help from this site and class I can get there and finally be rational. However, I worry that my presence is detrimental as I have not stopped drinking and haven’t really tried. I’d like to stick with you all despite my failings.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Thanks Renew12. Yup, second week is going much better. I'm still suffering with some insomnia but the shakiness and sweating has gone as well as the awful upset stomach.

TBH I don't find the insomnia too hard to deal with as I wake up more refreshed on 4 hours sober sleep than 8 hours mostly passed out drunk! I just have to remember that's the case when I get frustrated that I can't sleep. It helps that I've taken three weeks off work so it really doesn't matter if I sleep or not
That's great to here horsestaple. Hope it helps others that read here & our class of course. Smart move & happy your able to get the time off. If I could get four solid hrs most nights that would help. I know it's coming. I bought OTC & took it once, cause I was about to slip, I think.

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Mr. Kayak,
(Extending my hand) here now, get up, dust yourself off and let's do this!

I'd like to join this class please.

I have an addiction and am ready to address it.

Hope everyone is having a sober weekend! I am watching basketball here in the US...talk about a trigger to drink. So I am coming here instead.
LillianGish. Glad you've decided to join us. This group is full of love, support, tools, & laughter. You can learn new skills to overcome your triggers here at SR. This place is so helpful!... Glad you made the choice to come here.

Off to cook. Hubs is a good & patient man, most the time. He had a huge brunch. He knows I need to stay connected. I'm far enough a long in this addiction, that I could die. It's harder some days then others. But as one of our Marcher's says. Oh had a brain freeze. .

Anyway, have a good night Marcher's. Even if it's not great, as long as were sober, or getting ready to be sober that's worth something good. Sorry for all the posts. I'm all caught up. If or when I fall behind again. I think my marathon will be shorter. xo
Old 04-02-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Oh, good gravy! Another failed reply to which I shall add the full reply:

Congratulations to all who graduated with honors! You’re awesome. I cannot count myself among you.

I want to quit, but I’m just not ready. I believe with help from this site and class I can get there and finally be rational. However, I worry that my presence is detrimental as I have not stopped drinking and haven’t really tried. I’d like to stick with you all despite my failings.
Keep coming back.