Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 04-03-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustQuit2016 View Post
My new nightly 'drink time' routine is an hour on stationary bike and a looooong bath then straight to bed. Not sure if it's the bath but I'm half asleep by time I get into bed. I know you don't watch tv, but I have one tv series that I only watch at bath time, stick the iPad at the end of the bath. Look forward to it every night and so relaxing.

Right now I can't take baths yet(just had surgery) but I will that when I am allowed to.as for my I pad it makes me just lie awake in bed for several hours it wide awake but droop lids
Old 04-03-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I think there's several of us that are in a sober funk right now. I'm going to make a point today to remember why I'm doing this, and also just have a more positive day in general.

Keets - a little walk or exercise or meditation or stretching session, followed by a bath with some Epsom salts to soothe you, would be a great little bedtime routine. Are you into tea? Maybe treat yourself to a couple new boxes of tea and a fun mug. I know you have to recover first for the exercise and baths but something to look forward to. In the meantime, make a point to log on to SR and post here, and also "help" some newcomers.

Peaceful - great to see ya! Glad the party was good.

Immri - way to look at the positive. And with no drinking, think of the money you're saving!!!

Day 35. Gonna work harder to make it a good one.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I think there's several of us that are in a sober funk right now. I'm going to make a point today to remember why I'm doing this, and also just have a more positive day in general.

Keets - a little walk or exercise or meditation or stretching session, followed by a bath with some Epsom salts to soothe you, would be a great little bedtime routine. Are you into tea? Maybe treat yourself to a couple new boxes of tea and a fun mug. I know you have to recover first for the exercise and baths but something to look forward to. In the meantime, make a point to log on to SR and post here, and also "help" some newcomers.

Immri - way to look at the positive. And with no drinking, think of the money you're saving!!!

I'm probably the least qualified person to be giving help. I'm still in here and
Old 04-03-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone is capable of giving good advice Keets.,

Some of us are less good sometimes at taking it for ourselves maybe, but I think we all know what's best

Keep posting !
D
Old 04-03-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Keets, you are just as qualified as the rest of us. Hope you are feeling better today.

I went outside in the sunshine and butchered some bushes, the previous owners haven't done anything in the yard for about ten years and it is overgrown. Now I am sweaty and exhausted and happy, and the meh is gone.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hmm. This giving up lark is harder than I thought.

The day was going fine and then all of a sudden the shakes and sweats start coming back and I was in a filthy mood and the cravings, ooooh the cravings. Thankfully Mrs horsestaple took the ponystaples for a bit and just gave me some time to have a bit of a relax by myself.

It's all passed now leaving behind a very tired man with a headache. He didn't have a drink though and it's almost bedtime for me. Almost through Day 9.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

The first ten days were always the worst for me. I hope it gets a little easier from here horsetaple

D
Old 04-03-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I was in a bit of a funk yesterday - could barely get out bed and took about a 1 hour nap in the early afternoon. I accomplished nothing all day BUT i remained alcohol free! This morning I am feeling much better.

I can really relate to the focus/mind set thing. There are times when the AV is just constantly there, and the work is to "not drink" as opposed to those days when the mind is free and clear and my thoughts can go towards "how awesome is this" and "what else can I accomplish". I wonder if normies have something like this, too? But on their down days they are not consumed with thoughts of alcohol - maybe to them it is just a down day?

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice Sunday - waking up to a little snow here and a lot of wind. This time of year, it won't stick around for long.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Hmm. This giving up lark is harder than I thought.

The day was going fine and then all of a sudden the shakes and sweats start coming back and I was in a filthy mood and the cravings, ooooh the cravings. Thankfully Mrs horsestaple took the ponystaples for a bit and just gave me some time to have a bit of a relax by myself.

It's all passed now leaving behind a very tired man with a headache. He didn't have a drink though and it's almost bedtime for me. Almost through Day 9.
Nice work, Horsestaple!! I think in the early days it is also important to try and stay extra hydrated. The body can be going through some big stresses and keeping up with the water intake has helped me energy wise and with headaches.

Keep at it!
Old 04-03-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Nice work, Horsestaple!! I think in the early days it is also important to try and stay extra hydrated. The body can be going through some big stresses and keeping up with the water intake has helped me energy wise and with headaches.

Keep at it!
Thanks ManInTheArena.

I have been caning the water but I still seem to be constantly thirsty. That was worse last week than this (as was almost everything else). I am absolutely determined to see this through.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Im doing ok but not great, had a trip to er though. Already got an infection and needing antibiotics
Old 04-03-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hang in there Keets. You can get through this. And you can definitely offer help in various forms - a listening ear, letting people know it's ok to vent, shared experience. I think by helping others we help ourselves. Some days we are in a position to offer that and other days we are the ones that really need it. We are here for you! Keep us updated on your progress. Do you write? Blog? Oh! My hubby loves working on big puzzles what about that?
Old 04-03-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Day 10 and double digits for me!

I decided not to go to the meeting today. Not sure if that is a good decision or bad but I woke up with a scratchy throat and a headache and about 10cm of snow on the ground (with 10-15 still to come today) - all things pointing to a lazy morning and maybe an afternoon nap. I have an outing with my staff planned for tonight - an escape room, which should be fun and alcohol free

Immri - sounds like you are doing much better!

Keets - this may sound silly but I have been playing online hidden item games recently in the evenings. They keep my mind occupied and are pretty relaxing....I hope you feel better soon!!

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday morning
Old 04-03-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm still alive and still sober My busy life continues to keep me from getting on here on a regular basis. Which is good and bad. Good because the distraction of being busy has helped a lot to keep me sober. Bad, because when it calms down, I'm afraid I haven't put much time into working my sobriety. I fear I will cave on a whim. Understanding this, I would like to try and carve out a little time each day to devote to me. Even if it's just 15 minutes.

Anyway, 3 weeks for me today and I'm feeling really good. I hope everyone is well. Have a great day!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks kgirl! I know what you mean about time on SR. In the past when I've stopped logging on it has only eventually lead to trouble lol. I hope you can carve out time for a quick read and check in!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Sam - yay for double digits! A great feeling. Enjoy your lazy day. (Oh what I wouldn't give for one of those again!). My son likes to play kiddo versions of the hidden object game too, they're fun!!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Congratulations on three weeks, Kgirl! And to Sam for double digits!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Casey - I hope you get some solid rest before heading back to work. Can I just say you are such a light in this group. I look forward to your check-ins and your insight. Thank you for being here with us!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Nicely said Applekat! Sober funk happens often and that's exactly what I do to help myself get out of it... Always trying to stay positive and remembering why I'm on this journey. Congrats on 35 days!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sober funk?