Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-27-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Going to be another busy day. Will check in later.
Have a blessed Easter (or day after)!

Sober today!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 15. I have a minor tragedy going on at my house right now--I'm out of coffee! And the grocery store down the street is closed for the holiday. Guess I'll be hitting up the coffee pot first thing when I get to work. Speaking of work, that's the plan for today. I usually don't work mornings but got suckered a few weeks ago into covering a shift this morning for a friend. A so-called friend who conveniently failed to mention it was Easter Sunday he was wanting covered. We are going to be so slow and I'm there all day long now. Ugh. Oh well, need to remember I'm blessed to just have this job after all the drinking I did before shifts and all the calling-in sick for no real good reason.

Hope your day went well, immri. I like the idea that you're here protecting us in the night. You're Batman!

Congrats on day 5, janeeb! These clear-headed mornings are one of the first and best gifts that recovery gives us.

You not only can do this, Fabela, you ARE doing this. 12 days is amazing!

Just keeping putting in the groundwork, Kwhite, and the rewards will come when it's time. You can't control other people or their own personal timelines. Just keep doing the next right thing. Try to enjoy your time with your family today. Remember we're only a click away if you need to talk or vent.

Congrats on making it to that meeting again, samantha14. Don't be afraid to use that phone number you got if you need to. That wine is poison for you. Steer clear!

Huge congrats on starting month 2, ManInTheArena! What a wonderful milestone.

Happy Easter to you too, Surrender2win. I didn't even know we had a fat bunny emoticon thingee here. Enjoy your family time!

Thank you for the kind words, Mish. Hope your Sunday went well.

I like your new avatar, Ladybug2, though the similar one with the kid's drawing of a ladybug is still my favorite. Remember we're here if those cravings hit. Give yourself a chance to say no to that first drink.

I was just about to send you a private message checking on you if your name didn't pop up before I was done writing this, ChickChick. Sorry you decided to drink again but glad you're back with us. Please give us a chance to help you through those cravings next time. Sometimes just admitting those feelings to others is enough to take their power away. Wishing you the best today! You're in my thoughts and prayers...

Awesome post on powerlessness yesterday, KiKi0615. Have a great day with your family. Remember if you just do what you did yesterday again today and then again tomorrow, the possibilities are limitless!

Happy Easter, Bobbieka! We're blessed to have you here in this class with us. Enjoy your holiday.

Going to go finish my delicious bacon and eggs and toast now. I bought some new apple wood smoked bacon that is absolutely amazing. I may have to cook another piece or two. My poor arteries.

Have a great day everyone. If you haven't checked in yet, I hope you'll do so soon. And remember you really don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I felt high, now I feel a bit lower. I tend to forget that only three weeks ago I was a depressed, suicidal wreck, and that I can't expect to be perfect (yet). Going to the movies, gardening and making dinner took more of me than I thought it would, and now I'm exhausted. I think I will spend the next hour on the couch with my best friend, the remote control.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nothing wrong with chilling with some bad television, Fabela. Do they have a Real Housewives of Oslo reality show?
Old 03-27-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Casey, thanks for the well wishes! I wanted to start eating a little better this month, but this morning I find myself surrounded by chocolate!! Ha - I guess there are worse things!

ChickChick, good to see you. Remember, there is no failure - only feedback. Live and learn!! Keep at it.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Nothing wrong with chilling with some bad television, Fabela. Do they have a Real Housewives of Oslo reality show?
Oh, I don't know, but I don't think so. I'm really not the expert on these programs, the only "reality" shows I watch are So You Think You Can Dance and MasterChef (Australia is my favorite).
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy Easter class! Or happy sober day, depending on your beliefs! Day 5ish for me and the first sober and not hungover Easter in about 20 years!

I say day 5ish because technically based on my last drink, I'll be wrapping up day 5 in a couple hours but I spent that first day hooked up to IVs in the hospital so I'm going with today being day 5.

I think today is the first day I feel good. Well rested, no headache, appetite normal, tummy issues seem to be gone. This newly blossomed addiction to sugar may be an issue, but I can tackle that later.

I'm really soaking up the support from this class and this site. Hope everyone else is too.

Have a great and sober day!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah I was just being silly. I wouldn't wish one of those Real Housewives shows on my worst enemy.

Time to work. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Happy Easter!!!

Day 22. I had a late night putting Easter baskets together and stuffing Easter eggs and an early morning with an Easter egg hunt with the neighbors. That was a lot of fun. I might need a coffee IV today though.

I am on day 3 of the man flu watch. we are just hanging out at home today.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well my meeting today was AMAZING! The discussion was two-fold about step one (go figure!) and anger....I figured with all my confusion and questions yesterday about step one maybe God was speaking to me (and I don't really believe in God) And so when it was my turn I spoke! Holy cow! I feel high right now! And empowered! And a little freer!
Also after the meeting one of the members came up and gave me a copy of the Big Book along with a Daily Reflections book. I am excited to start reading!!
I am back to work tomorrow and I typically work 7am to 7pm so I am not sure how I will make it to any meetings this week which is causing me a lot of anxiety right now.....
Old 03-27-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Omg! I want to drink so bad!!! My husband is annoying & the minute we walked into his parents house his mom yelled at me because we ate lunch! Apparently we were supposed to eat an early dinner but my husband never told me so she yelled at ME! She's always been at b-tch & I have never liked her!!!

I swear if we would have driven separate cars here I would already be at a convenience store buying beer! We are 2 hours from home so I can't leave because my husband & kids wouldn't have a way home.

Soooo....I can't drink but I would if I could! I f-ing hate coming here!!! HATE IT! I try not to come but sometimes I have to because if I don't then I won't be able to be with my kids on a holiday.

She's such a B!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrr!!!!! I am so angry & I would get wasted right now if I could!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ok she just came out & apologized. I forgave her. She's still a B and I still don't like her but I just need to stay sober today and especially tomorrow when everyone goes back to work & school.....
Old 03-27-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Seriously?!? Now my father-n-law wants to get all the wine and alcohol out??? Omg! I just want to move to a planet with no alcohol! My husband is gonna get my foot between his legs in a minute too! Ugh. :-(

Sorry guys...I'm having a hard time!!!

Thank God I can come here & vent!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sounds like an absolute nightmare Kiki. Personally, I'd be making my excuses and leaving as early as possible. Keep strong. Deep breaths.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustQuit2016 View Post
Sounds like an absolute nightmare Kiki. Personally, I'd be making my excuses and leaving as early as possible. Keep strong. Deep breaths.
Yes it's pretty close to a nightmare JQ. It sucks. I'm gonna break it down into hours.

For the next hour I am gonna sit outside & watch my kids play a game. I'm being antisocial but OH WELL!!!

Then the hour after that I may be even more antisocial & take our dog for a walk. (We brought her with us).

The hour after that is dinner.

The hour after that there is a really good basketball game on & then we leave! Yay!

I'm just gonna take deep breaths, pray, read SR & keep to myself...
Old 03-27-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Be as antisocial as you want. You are fighting a bit fight and if you're going to win it you have to do what's right for you. Glad that you're venting here! Sending loads of good thoughts your way!
Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Be as antisocial as you want. You are fighting a bit fight and if you're going to win it you have to do what's right for you. Glad that you're venting here! Sending loads of good thoughts your way!
Thanks Fabela! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't vent here on SR! I'd probably throw the turkey at my mother in laws head and be arrested for assault! Lol
Old 03-27-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Death by turkey! If you do, make sure you tape it and post on youtube!
Old 03-27-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
ChickChick, good to see you. Remember, there is no failure - only feedback. Live and learn!! Keep at it.
Absolutely agree. You can do this ChickChick!

Congrats on your two months. I'm committing to drinking two veggie, fruit smoothies a wk. I drank beer sometimes in the AM on an empty stomache. Even tho I'm over weight, I know I'm malnourished. This is part of my plan, to eat healthier. I'm drinking one now. Yum

Read all pgs back. Problem is by the time I get to posting I can literally only member about 3-4 posts. So instead of trying to comment on all. I'm practicing not saying sorry for things I don't do on purpose. I'm not intentionally leaving any one out. Part of my plan is to build my self worth. Not feel bad. I also struggle with co-dependency issues. So, I'm congratulating everyone just for today.

Except I member Casey has 15 days. Kiki broke her cycle. Yeah! Waterfalls. Fabella is feeling happy. Happy for you & everyone. Today is 15 days, but two wks for me. Been texting kids & their so proud of their Mama. They prayed & had faith in me, even when I didn't.

I'm going back to Church today. I've been absent for a long time. It's new & they welcome people like me. I'm so thankful I had good sleep last night. I was feeling quite agitated last night. Yes, the thought came into my mind to drink. Calms the anxiety. I remembered what someone said & has stuck in my mind. I can recognize my thoughts & any thought to drink for an alcoholic is the wrong thought. Thank you.

Happy Easter Everyone.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Renew12, what do you mean by "people like me"? People who have identified that they have a problem and do anything they can to fix it? People who have hit rock bottom, but still manage to find strength and courage to pick themselves up and work hard? People who strive to be a better person for themselves and their families?

I wish we all could treat ourselves better, because we deserve it. We're worth it.