Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-27-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Chick girl - big hugs. Anything you want to talk about? Peaceful - my hubby is gone again but it's a good thing - took one kiddo on a daddy/son hiking trip. So now I'm just home with two kiddilies. Hope your man flu ends soon! Not gonna lie, he still has some "garage beer" as I call it and I'm tempted because it's a stinkin gorgeous day out and weather and sleep/energy levels are my two biggest triggers. I'd love to sip one while the sun goes down after two kids are in bed. But yeah - I wouldn't just "sip one". So, I will make sure I'm sober and here for my littles. And close out day 28 properly. Kiki check in ok? Sounds like a terrible situation. I'm so glad we just did brunch today bc I may have caved otherwise. No - I would have jumped on here first like you did - well done! Keep at it. Don't let the POISON in!
I'm home safe & sound thx to SR and you guys! I'm glad you didn't drink that beer! Good job. 28 days!!! Wow!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

10:15-Hi Everyone, CaseyW, congrats on Day 15:-).

I hope everyone had a wonderful day and took time out for yourself. Tomorrow is a new day and I am really hoping that I start getting some calls this week. It's really getting challenging thinking about how rock bottom things are for me right now. I am trying really hard to stay positive but it's not easy as you know,

Thank you so much for all of your support:-)!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Well now 1 of the 3 kids is sick, I'm sure the other 2 will follow shortly. I'm oiling myself and the other two kids up like crazy with On-Guard in hopes we don't get it. My sons birthday party is Saturday I hope I don't have to postpone in.
:-( :-( :-( I hope your kids feel better!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all! Had a really nice Easter. Ate a ton of good food and was so glad to be sober. It's crazy how quiet our AV is when it's knows there is no chance we can drink (like during pregnancies, or when there is no alcohol in the house and all stores all closed). It really is a sneaky, cunning little piece of ****. Kiki, sorry you are having a difficult time at your in-laws. Stay strong and focused and you will be so proud of yourself tomorrow. Vent away here all you want
I know!!! My AV is so cunning too! If it knows there is no chance to drink it's quiet too! 3 pregnancies with ZERO cravings for 9 months. As soon as I delivered those kiddos I was buying alcohol! After our 3rd was born we stopped at a convenience store on the way home from the hospital to get beer! The first photo of him at our house has a 6 pack of beer in the back ground. :-(
Old 03-27-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixie30f View Post
Well here I am again. My first attempt was on the November '14 thread and, despite seven months of sobriety on that, I haven't managed anything significant since. I'm working my way through the last wine in the house. I hate what it does to me. I want to stop and don't intend to get any more. I'm making use of this site and the religious resources I have (would appreciate anything in that line anyone else can offer). Otherwise, I'm just trying to start Day 1 for the last time. Nice to find myself on the same site as you again, Applekat. Pix
Welcome back Pix!!! We have an amazing class. :-)
Old 03-27-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Dear friends; may I call you friends? I remain at day zero and for that I’m annoyed. I should be more upset, but I’m still struggling to cross into the true acceptance stage. Sure I’m an alcoholic, but I have a bad case of the YETs. It’s only a matter of time until it all blows up and there is no choice. Currently I have a choice and I continue to make the wrong one. Had a nice Easter dinner with family that would have been difficult for me; I never even gave myself a chance as I drank before I went. Why? I’m still, still, trying to get a grip on why I do this. Part of me is definitely scared of sobriety and not having that crutch. So many emotions dulled or avoided over the years. How will they hit? My brother’s birthday is soon and I always have a hard time with that. It’s tough to know I’ve outlived him by more than ten years, but you’d think I’d get over it at some point. Many, many issues to resolve. That said, I’m tired of focusing only on myself in posts. Those of you in recovery rock. You have taken the step to which I aspire and cannot adequately express my admiration. I read all your stories and gain something from each. It’s helpful more than you know to build a sober toolbox. Even your stumbles (and they are few) teach me. ChickChick, I’m sorry to hear of your recent relapse. You are stronger than the drink and can get right back on the horse stronger than ever. I’d love to thank you all personally, but I’ll settle for just saying, thank you all.
You can definitely call me a friend Thirteenth! Just keep coming back here & don't give up. You'll be ready when you're ready. (((Hug)))
Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
So while today went well I got to my in-law's tonight and everything changed... my FIL bought a bottle of my favorite wine and while I did not have a glass everything in my being changed the moment he offered it to me...I wanted it, I craved it....and that has been all I can think about all night. Luckily everything here is closed today for the holiday so the option of going to the liquor store is non-existent but this really sucks!!! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day
Good job getting through that Samantha! I was at my in laws too and everyone was drinking but me & the kids. We are building our "sober muscles" each time we don't drink during those hard times. :-)
Old 03-27-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks Apple & Casey!!!

Hi Jemma!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Kwhite!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

So obviously by my 500 posts in the last 5 minutes you can see I made it through Easter at my in-laws with my "monster in law"! Lol.

While I was there I found out a family friend killed herself on Monday. She was older than me but still only in her late 40's. Apparently she had a drinking problem for many years and a few years ago her husband divorced her because of it. Her drinking progressed into full-blown alcoholism and she committed suicide last Monday (6 days ago). She has 4 children. Soooo sad! That's where this F-ing disease can take us folks! :-(

I didn't know her because she was the daughter of friends of my in laws but I haven't been able to stop thinking about her all day. :-(
Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
I had a nostalgic moment earlier, glorifying alcohol of course. I remembered a past Easter with a dear friend of mine, drinking mimosas on Easter morning in San Diego, and later drinking beer, doing drugs, and bar hopping all day. Ah, the good old days right?

Then I remembered the hangovers, the anxiety, the homesick feeling I had from spending my holiday all ******ed up and away from family.
Jemima, I was right there with you today. AV was coming up with all sorts of plans for me on how I could sneak drinks over the coming days and weeks. Stayed strong though. Played it through.

Wish you all well on this end of Day 3. Happy Easter to everyone.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good night, class. I'm so thankful for all of your posts. This was an incredibly busy, family filled weekend. Going to read and go to bed.

Keep fighting the fight. We are stronger together.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your loss Kiki.
Welcome back Pixie

D
Old 03-27-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's a tragic story, KiKi. What a grim reminder of how serious this business of recovery can be.

Just watched a cool documentary on one of my favorite bands of the 90s, Pavement. Think I'm going to go soak in a hot bath with a book for a bit before bed. Been a long weekend of work. Still got two more days left before I'm off on Wednesday but Monday and Tuesday are usually a lot shorter shifts.

If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so soon. This really is a better way of life. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That's so sad Kiki

Hang in there to all struggling, Easter seems to be a tough time for many of us. So glad we have SR in these moments.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 4

It was hard today I commit 100 percent for the next 26 days that way I can't question the decision when I do I lose, thanks for the support here. Will reevaluate once I get to 30 days which seems as far off as another galaxy right now. I want my life back and freedom from this nagging liquid poison that screams my name.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi guys.
Great work Kiki...you're getting stronger by the day....I would have loved to see the "Death by turkey!" Chicky keep coming back...we love you and we can do this together.
Day 3 here. All good. Survived a BBQ at a friend house last night. Had dinner then left a very drunk hubby and very drunk friends and came home with the kids and watched Netflix. Hubbys in bed hungover and Im feeling great.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by jesshonesty View Post
It was hard today I commit 100 percent for the next 26 days that way I can't question the decision when I do I lose, thanks for the support here. Will reevaluate once I get to 30 days which seems as far off as another galaxy right now. I want my life back and freedom from this nagging liquid poison that screams my name.
Glad you joined us in the Class of March 2016, jesshonesty. Congratulations on making the decision to lead a better, more fulfilling life in recovery. I hope you'll become an active participant here in this class.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hi guys. Great work Kiki...you're getting stronger by the day....I would have loved to see the "Death by turkey!" Chicky keep coming back...we love you and we can do this together. Day 3 here. All good. Survived a BBQ at a friend house last night. Had dinner then left a very drunk hubby and very drunk friends and came home with the kids and watched Netflix. Hubbys in bed hungover and Im feeling great.
Love you too Mish!!! I will throw a turkey at her next time & record it!!! Lol
Old 03-27-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great Easter weekend. I have not had a chance to read threw the thread this weekend because I went out of town to visit family and I just got home a little bit ago.

Just wanted to check in and let you know that I got threw the weekend sober, completed day 8, and onto day 9 in the morning. I kinda can't believe it!

I am happy to be home, I just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. But I did have a 4 day weekend so I cant complain. I am also starting my new diet tomorrow so I'm very excited and hopeful about that