Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-27-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Renew12, what do you mean by "people like me"? People who have identified that they have a problem and do anything they can to fix it? People who have hit rock bottom, but still manage to find strength and courage to pick themselves up and work hard? People who strive to be a better person for themselves and their families?

I wish we all could treat ourselves better, because we deserve it. We're worth it.
I'm an alcoholic. That's all I meant. This new Church were going to this evening specifically invites alcoholics & addicts on their website. Of course I'm much more than an alcoholic too. Sorry if I didn't word it right. Nothing more was meant by my words people like me.

Oh & I should mention some of my past experiences at Church weren't great. So hoping I will feel welcomed at this one tonight. Hope this makes more sense.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good luck, Renew. Hope it goes well.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi class, evening of day 9 here, had my daughters last night and youngest was sick in night so I only had 2hrs sleep, struggled through today, text a friend in AA and went to an early evening meeting with them and it helped lift me, I shared despite feeling nervous.

Feeling tired and having stomach problems which are starting to get me down- its not a bug, its my bodies intolerance to certain food types- it gets exhausting figuring out what I can and can't eat, my AV is telling me that I'm more ill sober than when I was drinking so what's the point?

Hoping it settles down and I can get a good nights sleep and find some gratitude tomorrow.....
Old 03-27-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Kiki - oh man that sounds like my nightmare too, I had a similar experience a few christmas' ago and drank cooking wine in the bathroom. DO NOT drink, I made the day even worse by drinking and didn't even get the relief, because I was so anxious and upset that I had drunk around those people and knew I was running the holidays far more than anything my family had done. Don't drink. It'll make it worse. Good idea planning hour by hour, smaller manageable periods you need to get through. Good job.

Chick - so sorry to hear you drank, glad you came right back. Lean on us here.

Casey - the batman comment made me smile, thanks for the laugh as I wake up ❤️

Re food issues, I'm trying to be a bit healthier too guys, but one thing I'll say from my own experience is sobriety is more important than losing weight and/or perfect nutrition. Definitely try and get some good food in and help repair that damage, but when I became too strict with my diet (healthy though it was!!) I turned back to booze for a treat or escape or whatever. If you need some ice cream to quiet a craving, have some ice cream.
Intolerance is hard though I feel for you there. I hope you get it figured out 1stepup
Old 03-27-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Chick girl - big hugs. Anything you want to talk about?

Peaceful - my hubby is gone again but it's a good thing - took one kiddo on a daddy/son hiking trip. So now I'm just home with two kiddilies. Hope your man flu ends soon!

Not gonna lie, he still has some "garage beer" as I call it and I'm tempted because it's a stinkin gorgeous day out and weather and sleep/energy levels are my two biggest triggers. I'd love to sip one while the sun goes down after two kids are in bed. But yeah - I wouldn't just "sip one". So, I will make sure I'm sober and here for my littles. And close out day 28 properly.

Kiki check in ok? Sounds like a terrible situation. I'm so glad we just did brunch today bc I may have caved otherwise. No - I would have jumped on here first like you did - well done! Keep at it. Don't let the POISON in!
Old 03-27-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well now 1 of the 3 kids is sick, I'm sure the other 2 will follow shortly. I'm oiling myself and the other two kids up like crazy with On-Guard in hopes we don't get it. My sons birthday party is Saturday I hope I don't have to postpone in.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Had a really nice Easter. Ate a ton of good food and was so glad to be sober. It's crazy how quiet our AV is when it's knows there is no chance we can drink (like during pregnancies, or when there is no alcohol in the house and all stores all closed). It really is a sneaky, cunning little piece of ****.

Kiki, sorry you are having a difficult time at your in-laws. Stay strong and focused and you will be so proud of yourself tomorrow. Vent away here all you want
Old 03-27-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Getting ready to leave the mother in laws house! Whew!!! Made it!

Gonna read your posts when we get back home. :-)
Old 03-27-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Well here I am again. My first attempt was on the November '14 thread and, despite seven months of sobriety on that, I haven't managed anything significant since. I'm working my way through the last wine in the house. I hate what it does to me. I want to stop and don't intend to get any more. I'm making use of this site and the religious resources I have (would appreciate anything in that line anyone else can offer). Otherwise, I'm just trying to start Day 1 for the last time. Nice to find myself on the same site as you again, Applekat.

Pix
Old 03-27-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Dear friends; may I call you friends? I remain at day zero and for that I’m annoyed. I should be more upset, but I’m still struggling to cross into the true acceptance stage. Sure I’m an alcoholic, but I have a bad case of the YETs. It’s only a matter of time until it all blows up and there is no choice. Currently I have a choice and I continue to make the wrong one. Had a nice Easter dinner with family that would have been difficult for me; I never even gave myself a chance as I drank before I went. Why?

I’m still, still, trying to get a grip on why I do this. Part of me is definitely scared of sobriety and not having that crutch. So many emotions dulled or avoided over the years. How will they hit? My brother’s birthday is soon and I always have a hard time with that. It’s tough to know I’ve outlived him by more than ten years, but you’d think I’d get over it at some point. Many, many issues to resolve.

That said, I’m tired of focusing only on myself in posts. Those of you in recovery rock. You have taken the step to which I aspire and cannot adequately express my admiration. I read all your stories and gain something from each. It’s helpful more than you know to build a sober toolbox. Even your stumbles (and they are few) teach me.

ChickChick, I’m sorry to hear of your recent relapse. You are stronger than the drink and can get right back on the horse stronger than ever.

I’d love to thank you all personally, but I’ll settle for just saying, thank you all.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Unhappy

So while today went well I got to my in-law's tonight and everything changed... my FIL bought a bottle of my favorite wine and while I did not have a glass everything in my being changed the moment he offered it to me...I wanted it, I craved it....and that has been all I can think about all night. Luckily everything here is closed today for the holiday so the option of going to the liquor store is non-existent but this really sucks!!! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day
Old 03-27-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well done Kiki!! You're that much stronger for it.

Hi Pixie! It's nice to see you, though of course I wish we were both in Nov class still. This is a good group though, and I'm excited. I've since had a third baby and had lots of sober days pregnant and not, but it's the continuity that alludes me still!

Sam - it's still a win. And I promise you won't wake up tomorrow wishing you had drank. Get some sleep and a clear morning head and you'll be feeling so proud of yourself.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thirteenth, Pixie, and Chickchick, I'm glad you came back and are posting. Keep fighting!

I'm proud of those of us too who made it through today without drinking. It seems a few of us had some rough moments.

I had a nostalgic moment earlier, glorifying alcohol of course. I remembered a past Easter with a dear friend of mine, drinking mimosas on Easter morning in San Diego, and later drinking beer, doing drugs, and bar hopping all day. Ah, the good old days right?

Then I remembered the hangovers, the anxiety, the homesick feeling I had from spending my holiday all ******ed up and away from family.

I feel grateful that I am safe and sober today. I had some sparkling juice at my parents' house and a delicious ham. My little boy is sleeping and I'm reading SR in bed. Life isn't that bad

Last edited by Dee74; 03-27-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
I am back to work tomorrow and I typically work 7am to 7pm so I am not sure how I will make it to any meetings this week which is causing me a lot of anxiety right now.....
When I've attended meetings I've noticed that happening a lot--that the topic I need to hear about just so happens to be exactly what ends up being discussed that evening. Glad you had such a good meeting.

Don't stress on making meetings everyday. Just go as often as you can and keep doing the right thing in between. Sounds like you've found a great group there. Use any phone numbers you get--don't just wait until you're in trouble but get in the habit of staying in contact with good, sober people. You'll be more likely to use the numbers then when you are in trouble.

EDIT: Just read your late note about the bottle of wine. You'll be so glad tomorrow morning that you didn't go down that route. Stay firm!
Old 03-27-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the Class of March 2016, Pixie 30f. We've got a fantastic group going here and I look forward to getting to know you better in sobriety.

KiKi0615, I'm very proud of you for doing the right thing and coming in here instead of grabbing that drink. The drink would have only made the situation 10x worse. You're doing great.

Congrats on 4 weeks sober, Applekat!

Sorry I'm not individually responding to everyone else but glad you're all here today. I'm tired. Had a good day at work, I guess, but I'm glad to be home now. Going to put on a movie. I'm sure I'll be checking back in before the night's over.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Death by turkey! If you do, make sure you tape it and post on youtube!
Haha! That would be funny! I'd probably get lots of views!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renew12 View Post
Absolutely agree. You can do this ChickChick! Congrats on your two months. I'm committing to drinking two veggie, fruit smoothies a wk. I drank beer sometimes in the AM on an empty stomache. Even tho I'm over weight, I know I'm malnourished. This is part of my plan, to eat healthier. I'm drinking one now. Yum Read all pgs back. Problem is by the time I get to posting I can literally only member about 3-4 posts. So instead of trying to comment on all. I'm practicing not saying sorry for things I don't do on purpose. I'm not intentionally leaving any one out. Part of my plan is to build my self worth. Not feel bad. I also struggle with co-dependency issues. So, I'm congratulating everyone just for today. Except I member Casey has 15 days. Kiki broke her cycle. Yeah! Waterfalls. Fabella is feeling happy. Happy for you & everyone. Today is 15 days, but two wks for me. Been texting kids & their so proud of their Mama. They prayed & had faith in me, even when I didn't. I'm going back to Church today. I've been absent for a long time. It's new & they welcome people like me. I'm so thankful I had good sleep last night. I was feeling quite agitated last night. Yes, the thought came into my mind to drink. Calms the anxiety. I remembered what someone said & has stuck in my mind. I can recognize my thoughts & any thought to drink for an alcoholic is the wrong thought. Thank you. Happy Easter Everyone.
Eating healthier is part of my plan too! I have one of those smoothie makers. I'm gonna make one tomorrow!!! Yummy!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Renew12, what do you mean by "people like me"? People who have identified that they have a problem and do anything they can to fix it? People who have hit rock bottom, but still manage to find strength and courage to pick themselves up and work hard? People who strive to be a better person for themselves and their families? I wish we all could treat ourselves better, because we deserve it. We're worth it.
Amen! I need to treat myself better too! Thx for the reminder!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi class, evening of day 9 here, had my daughters last night and youngest was sick in night so I only had 2hrs sleep, struggled through today, text a friend in AA and went to an early evening meeting with them and it helped lift me, I shared despite feeling nervous. Feeling tired and having stomach problems which are starting to get me down- its not a bug, its my bodies intolerance to certain food types- it gets exhausting figuring out what I can and can't eat, my AV is telling me that I'm more ill sober than when I was drinking so what's the point? Hoping it settles down and I can get a good nights sleep and find some gratitude tomorrow.....
I hope you feel better 1step!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Kiki - oh man that sounds like my nightmare too, I had a similar experience a few christmas' ago and drank cooking wine in the bathroom. DO NOT drink, I made the day even worse by drinking and didn't even get the relief, because I was so anxious and upset that I had drunk around those people and knew I was running the holidays far more than anything my family had done. Don't drink. It'll make it worse. Good idea planning hour by hour, smaller manageable periods you need to get through. Good job. Chick - so sorry to hear you drank, glad you came right back. Lean on us here. Casey - the batman comment made me smile, thanks for the laugh as I wake up ❤️ Re food issues, I'm trying to be a bit healthier too guys, but one thing I'll say from my own experience is sobriety is more important than losing weight and/or perfect nutrition. Definitely try and get some good food in and help repair that damage, but when I became too strict with my diet (healthy though it was!!) I turned back to booze for a treat or escape or whatever. If you need some ice cream to quiet a craving, have some ice cream. Intolerance is hard though I feel for you there. I hope you get it figured out 1stepup
Thx immri! I got through it and am home safe & sound at the end of day 5. Wine was FLOWING heavily but I hate wine so that made it a little easier. If it would have been beer or mixed drinks that would have been so much harder.

Cooking wine? Does that taste like real wine? Sounds yucky. Ha.