Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 13

Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thanks guys
Countdown to addictions counselor now. I'm reading these posts to him tomorrow and going to ask if he can be my facilitator for the brown method of doing the steps.
I've not been putting enough work into this and taking proactive action. These past 4 days are a big wake up call.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear Del

D
Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good morning all. So glad you are ok Del.

It's a weird feeling being off work, I kinda lose track of the days. Well today is Wednesday and we've a surveyor coming round to check out our sitting room for a new fireplace we've bought. I can't wait for that to be fitted....hopefully next week sometime. Then I'm off to see my Mum and taking my daughter with me.

I really need to sort my crap diet out and start eating properly too. But I think I just need to get through the Easter chocolate first 😊

Have a good day everyone. Stay safe ❤️
Old 03-30-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Morning all! Off to my first meeting in over a week, Easter messed everything up. Looking forward to being back in the rooms.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Whew. Pollen.
Morning day 2 of 4 workday. Day 1 worst usually. Glad it's over.
I read someone's post yesterday about not feeling good about uncertainties in the future. I'm really hoping the rest of my life isn't wasted, worrying over uncertainties. Feeling weird this morning
Old 03-30-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Celebrate 30 days with me! You guys rock!
Old 03-30-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 Leezer !
Old 03-30-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi peeps sorry I havnt posted in awhile but I read your posts everyday and rely on you to keep me going!

Day 19 tho should be 44 had I not drank at daughters wedding!

Keep waking up with a stinking headache like a hangover but I think its from all the chocolate Im eating! Will have to find healthier ways of coping with sugar cravings.

Del I was worried about you hun! So glad ur ok now. I keep waiting for something to happen that will tempt me to drink again but so far so good.

Had to laugh at some of you buying stuff while drunk - Amazon loved me!!! lol

Doing lots of reading on alcoholism - weird how I want to read as much as I can on the perils!

Also doing lots of sewing -Im making xmas stockings for my nieces n nephews.

Been to docs today for a full blood count so I will find out what if any damage alcohol has done to my body!

Will try n post more often cos I wouldnt be where I am now if it wasnt for you guys!

Have a lovely day!

God bless xxx
Old 03-30-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hello class!!!

I arrived home yesterday night. Its now this evening. Been home for over 24 hours but have been very busy and tired. Sadly I havent had the time or energy to look on SR since being home. Wanted to - absolutely yes, just been exhausted.

I have missed you all. I cant possibly catch up on 30 pages! So please forgive me for being out of touch for a while. I will get up to speed.

Ive been away for 5/6 days and have thought about all of you during that time! About how wonderful you all are. And how hard you've all worked and tried at sticking to the course!

When I arrived at our family holiday home there were 2 bottles of wine in the fridge. I drove down the driveway, drove into the garage area, went straight through the garage-house door into the hallway, made my way straight to the kitchen and to the fridge LOL (IT WAS THE FIRST THING I DID AS SOON AS I PULLED INTO THE GARAGE) upon exiting my car. There were 2 bottles of wine as I mentioned. I didn't ponder, I just grabbed them and tipped them down kitchen sink and put the empty bottles in the outside (not the kitchen rubbish bin) rubbish bin. Then my son and I got on with our holiday free of the burden and crutch of alcohol. I just forgot about it! Simple as that!
Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Yup, you all would've been proud of me! I literally got out the car and made a bee line for the kitchen (to look for alcohol). I didn't unpack. I didn't even wee LOL despite the 6 hour drive from my city (we do have at least 2 short stops in that time obviously), but Im usually always bursting when I arrive. BUT I held on for a few minutes longer whilst I checked the fridge. It was an absolute priority! It had a been a difficult trip with my son and I could've very easily turned to it!

I did get some very random mobile internet reception for like a minute at a time where I had a chance to log in and read a few posts, but even that took 10 minutes to load up, and then I lost the connection. It was just silly, ticking over and over and over for only 1 minute of reading a few posts, so I never bothered again.

They have built several mobile towers in the nearest township but I am quite a bit further out from there! Like hours!

My son and I had a lovely holiday. It was stressful at times but we survived quite well thanks lol, and we (I) did it without alcohol. I said "we (I)" because even though my son has never ever consumed alcohol, he has still somewhat suffered the consequences of my drinking it! So, he involved involuntarily!

Catch up hugs and love x
Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you spadge and cococo

D
Old 03-30-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hello my dear coco and spadge! Good to see you lovelies again
Good job on dumping the wine Co.

Spadge I've been getting headaches too. And doing lots of reading too. Good job my sober twin. What day is it were on.. very glad I stuck with it yesterday. No nonsense today. I'm sticking with our day spadge and with you all.

Gonna treat my mental anguish like the av. I'm going to put it away and beat the snot out of it and only let it out when I need to. I'm already consumed by thoughts around my situation today. I don't want to repeat yesterday.

Counting my blessings today again
Old 03-30-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Good to hear from you spadge and cococo

D
Likewise dearest Dee. I mean that. Its good to hear from you too :-)
Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Hello my dear coco and spadge! Good to see you lovelies again
Good job on dumping the wine Co.

Spadge I've been getting headaches too. And doing lots of reading too. Good job my sober twin. What day is it were on.. very glad I stuck with it yesterday. No nonsense today. I'm sticking with our day spadge and with you all.

Gonna treat my mental anguish like the av. I'm going to put it away and beat the snot out of it and only let it out when I need to. I'm already consumed by thoughts around my situation today. I don't want to repeat yesterday.

Counting my blessings today again
Hello my darling Del

Im so sorry Im behind with this thread. Ive NO hope in catching up :-( I know you have been going through some pretty tricky times. Maybe that's why youve had a few headaches??? I really find massively increasing my water intake and exercise helps when I suffer cluster headaches. Im so proud of you if you've stayed the course despite all your concerns. How are things going on the homefront (flatmate/roommate) my dear? I hope he no longer touches your groceries or food!

((((Big massive hugs)))) :-)
Old 03-30-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Well done on one month Leezer.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Great Lee!!
Old 03-30-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hi Jobei

How are the 24 hours going for you? I find that's the only way for me to move forward step by step at the moment. Looking forward week to week seems like a mountain. NOW I understand what you meant when you said when you first joined this class "not doing day 1 or whatever at the moment, going hour by hour at the moment"....hmmmmm I get it. We heal by hour, by day, by week, by month, by year, by decade, by generation!
Old 03-30-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Gidday Lee

Well done on 1 month!!!

Yay!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
So you made it through the day as a non smoker?
Yes, today is day 2. So far, it's not a lot of fun.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Del, I had to go to bed before you checked in last night and I'm so thrilled to hear from you this morning! Great job! You are inspiring!

Good to hear from you too spadge!

Cococo...it's great to have you back! I'm so glad you had a nice vacation and that you stuck to your plan to beeline in and remove any alcohol!

Lee, congratulations on 30 days!