Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 11

Old 03-18-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
It's just how I feel and it was in my head so I had to get it out. I do not intend to offend anyone and I am sorry if offense was taken.
Im not offended. I do understand what you mean. You are fully entitled to express your opinion in here.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sometimes people can be over zealous when they are trying to help.
The great thing about AA is that we can "take what we need and leave the rest".
The program has worked for a lot of people, but just like all things, there are going to be people we don't necessarily like.

I let that sort of thing put me off AA years ago when I really would hve benefited by staying. The thing to do is try different meetings I think. If that is possible for you knb.

You are doing really well! This isn't easy, and a slip can make us more committed than ever to stay sober.

I think you are all doing so well guys!! ♥
Venuscat I vented a bit but it doesn't really bother me. I understand that you are not going to like everyone and not everyone is going to like you. There are some great people in this particular group so it won't stop me from going again in the slightest .
I speak the truth and some people are uncomfortable with it. Funny enough , every time I share , at least on or two people talk to me afterwards and say they think the same., or thought the same, or done the same. I just say it
Old 03-18-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Scaremongering. I posted before that a previous AA member once asked me if I was going to a Friday meeting. I told her no because I was invited to a birthday meal. She replied with "good luck it's your life. You are gonna die ". Lol. What a thing to say
Yes well if those were the EXACT words (and youre not exaggerating at all) they used then that's a really nutty thing to say. That's going beyond scaremongering knb. Sorry, but that's not normal. Its also not a kind or caring thing to say either.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow that's how you really feel? Why go then? This thread is really going downhill. Is it the semi sober group now? I don't get it. Maybe suggestions by ppl with years of sobriety might help. Call me crazy!!
Can't believe you said that jobei
Old 03-18-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Yes well if those are the exact words they used then that's a really nutty thing to say. That's going beyond scaremongering knb. That's not normal.
No it's not. Don't want to put you off AA because it's an amazing place to learn from but like any addiction group, there will be some people who are sicker than others.

Incidentally this particular woman started harassing me because I told her I was going to try to moderate ( this was about seven years ago ) and she wrote me email after email that I was going to die and she how she is so disappointed in me etc etc. I had to get the police involved. She died three years ago from an alcohol related disease.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

knb

Nobody puts me off anything! I make my own mind up! But others might be put off if somebody expresses about AA too negatively. We must remember that sometimes we see and feel things that aren't necessarily correct. And we express our possibly skewed views or thinking to others, putting them off.

Lets try and change the subject now love. Jobei was just expressing like you were. I understand where both of you are coming from. I don't want you, or anybody else, to get upset. We are all trying to stay positive and sober here.

Try some different AA meetings.

What are your plans tonight? Have you got anything exciting planned for the weekend. Oh Ive started watching Orphan Black too, on Netflix. Im really enjoying it.

Love you knb.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Can't believe you said that jobei
It's how I felt based on your post. As I said I have no intention of offending anyone here and I'm sorry if I did.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's how I felt based on your post. As I said I have no intention of offending anyone here and I'm sorry if I did.
Ok it's cool. I hope after reading my posts that you understand why the meeting upset me. If I was a first time newcomer to AA , it would have put me off going back to a meeting.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
knb

Nobody puts me off anything! I make my own mind up!

Lets try and change the subject now love. Jobei was just expressing like you were. I understand where both of you are coming from. I don't want you, or anybody else, to get upset. We are all trying to stay positive and sober here.

Try some different AA meetings.

What are your plans tonight? Have you got anything exciting planned for the weekend. Oh Ive started watching Orphan Black too, on Netflix. Im really enjoying it.

Love you knb.
It's cool chic,. we are an online family, it might get a little heated at times but it will never stop me from supporting you and anyone else. It's how life is :-)
Old 03-18-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's been a day. Going to bed. Good night class
Old 03-18-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good night knb, have a good sleep. And please......lets all work on being more positive. A more positive mindset. What are the good things about AA? Leave the not so good.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

This may be the most discussed slip in history. Let's move on.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not into playing referee today, guys.
You guys can sort out any lingering disagreements (if any) by PM.

I bumped this thread today after reading the end of the last part of this thread.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-drunk-6.html

I'm not having a go at anyone, but - hold the line. Be pedantic...be efficient, be strong and hold the line that you've committed to in recovery.

Give that AV no quarter. Don't let It win for even one drink

D
Old 03-18-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the lovely congratulations you guys (hug) I honestly wouldn't still be sober without this group. I know I don't post very much, mainly because I work 4 days a week and have 2 kids etc but I lay in bed and read our thread every night on my iPhone before I go to sleep X
The weather has turned from boiling hot to freezing cold here! We had our first fire in our fireplace for the season last night. Very toasty
My sober app is telling me I've saved $400 (assuming I spent $10 a day on wine), so I rewarded myself this morning by buying some special ketamine vitamins. Has anyone here tried them?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ketamine? Isn't that special k?? I tried special k once bad times lol
Old 03-18-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ketamine? Isn't that special k?? I tried special k once bad times lol
It's a cross between coke and PCP, isn't it? Marilyn Manson smoked it and it destroyed his career.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Sansas
I've never heard of ketamine vitamins tho.

D
Old 03-18-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
It's a cross between coke and PCP, isn't it? Marilyn Manson smoked it and it destroyed his career.
Don't do it sansa!!! I'm sure it must be something else she's talking about...
Old 03-18-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello knb. Hello Co3. Hello OOTT. Hello Jobei. Hello Sansa. Hello Dee. Guess where I am? Yup. Back in the airport on a Friday evening. Seriously. How is everyone? Sober I take it!?
Old 03-18-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm sober! Whoop whoop!
How are YOU?