Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 26

Old 02-07-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good luck, BD, . You have nice sisters , right? Will they be there??
Old 02-07-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Someone must have messed with my clock last night because it is almost two hours ahead. I rolled over , saw the time, and jumped out of bed thinking how dim it still was out there! Oh well, that made more time to sit here looking like a porcupine drinking coffee.

I hope the gathering today isn't too stressful BD.

When we have young kids, our life is not our own for a while imo. The stress of it waxes and wanes. The tiredness/lack of good sleep is a big part of it but flat out unavoidable at times. I think you're a fantastic dad Arbor and from my perspective I'm tremendously happy for you and Briar that sobriety came along while your flocks were yet so young.

Time passes and we begin to get our life back in a way......hence an indulgent trip on the horizon for me. Feels awkward, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't care too much about the big game really this year. A neighbor down the street is a great uncle of Peyton so they are all fired up. I'll use the game as an excuse to snack a bit I guess.

Wishing y'all a nice day.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Good luck, BD, . You have nice sisters , right? Will they be there??
The youngest will-she planned it. At one of my events I met a Chocolatier from Italy. My Mom loves dark chocolate and Federica made a custom gift basket for her. It's quite fabulous. I am feeling so indulgent I offered to deliver Mom to the restaurant. I have a particularly troubled niece whom I volunteered to sit with. Today will be fine.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Thanks for saying that, Mark. It's nice to hear coming from someone who's been through it. Three times!!

Don't care about the game much either. It's just an excuse to get together with the family. 8)
Old 02-07-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Arbor - I SO know how you feel! That break never comes. Case in point - I'm writing this while I'm in the bathroom. I've been in here for three minutes. During that time, I've had to tell my daughter five times that I'm in the bathroom and will need a couple minutes before I can help her with the 12 things she's doing at the same time. I mean, can't mama just...seriously?! And when I open this door, my reasonably tidy house will be a level 10 disaster zone. I can hear the arts and crafts apocalypse going down in the other room right now, and she has slipped a sheet of stickers under the door so I'll be prepared to participate the very moment I become available.

I can totally relate to the feeling that your life isn't yours anymore. That came has a huge shock to me when we first had her and realized that every second of my life was about the baby. It felt totally unfair and downright cruel. I'm not the meltdown type (believe it or not), but I recall one night early on when I actually said to my husband "I'm sorry I got us into this! This was all my idea!"

Ok, time to chug the rest of my second cup of coffee and step back out into the hurricane. Good luck today and always, my fellow warrior!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

And what's this pray tell? An eager little tulip out of the 60 or so I tucked away a while back. As I can feel the excitement, I'm sure to keep you posted on their progress.

At times of being overwhelmed by parenthood (like two weeks ago)I've allowed myself to feel what I felt for a bit then literally made a list of the good times/blessings of it all. In short order I had a needed tweak of my perspective.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

That's a good idea Mark. Maybe I'll try that idea, if I can find a pen and paper...which are never where I left them. There's always a rogue crayon and chopped up pieces of vital documents laying around, I'll just use that.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Thanks Briar. I'm glad your here and can relate.

Maybe I should join a parenting forum too. 8)
Old 02-07-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Your wicked sense of humor is always a kick Briar. My wife goes on about things never being where she left them.....and if I'm the guilty party can I help it if she assumes it was one of the kids?

Your tea cups remind me of Easter, which is in March this year.

I'm not much of a journaling, list kind of guy but sometimes I just gotta!

Ok, time for a run and some vitamin D!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Mark - that's ok. I know my husband and I do the same thing, letting the other believe the kid was responsible for something that might have been our own fault. So there's one thing kids are useful for!

How's the sober bowl going for everyone? I just ate a bowl of 7 layer dip for lunch (actually it was only like four layers), and my husband's chili is in the crock pot. It's about noon right now. I have a couple sober friends coming over later. It's a beautiful day, sunny 70 degrees, so windows are open. I don't give half a crap about the game, but I really enjoy the energy of this day and the traditions that go along with it. Food is a big part of it, and I'm so grateful that I'm able to eat it. That wasn't the case a month ago. It just feels like a good, positive day to me. I hope it's going well for everybody else too!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Mark - that's ok. I know my husband and I do the same thing, letting the other believe the kid was responsible for something that might have been our own fault. So there's one thing kids are useful for!

How's the sober bowl going for everyone? I just ate a bowl of 7 layer dip for lunch (actually it was only like four layers), and my husband's chili is in the crock pot. It's about noon right now. I have a couple sober friends coming over later. It's a beautiful day, sunny 70 degrees, so windows are open. I don't give half a crap about the game, but I really enjoy the energy of this day and the traditions that go along with it. Food is a big part of it, and I'm so grateful that I'm able to eat it. That wasn't the case a month ago. It just feels like a good, positive day to me. I hope it's going well for everybody else too!

I love super bowl food although I am usually reminded of it for days and days after!!!!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Your wicked sense of humor is always a kick Briar. My wife goes on about things never being where she left them.....and if I'm the guilty party can I help it if she assumes it was one of the kids?

Your tea cups remind me of Easter, which is in March this year.

I'm not much of a journaling, list kind of guy but sometimes I just gotta!

Ok, time for a run and some vitamin D!

Enjoy your run and soak up some sun, Mark!!!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

That's a good idea Mark. Maybe I'll try that idea, if I can find a pen and paper...which are never where I left them. There's always a rogue crayon and chopped up pieces of vital documents laying around, I'll just use that.

You made me laugh, Briar - 'a rogue crayon and chopped up pieces of vital documents'!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

And what's this pray tell? An eager little tulip out of the 60 or so I tucked away a while back. As I can feel the excitement, I'm sure to keep you posted on their progress.

At times of being overwhelmed by parenthood (like two weeks ago)I've allowed myself to feel what I felt for a bit then literally made a list of the good times/blessings of it all. In short order I had a needed tweak of my perspective.

Do the deer eat your tulips, Mark, the poor things don't have a chance around here.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Arbor - I SO know how you feel! That break never comes. Case in point - I'm writing this while I'm in the bathroom. I've been in here for three minutes. During that time, I've had to tell my daughter five times that I'm in the bathroom and will need a couple minutes before I can help her with the 12 things she's doing at the same time. I mean, can't mama just...seriously?! And when I open this door, my reasonably tidy house will be a level 10 disaster zone. I can hear the arts and crafts apocalypse going down in the other room right now, and she has slipped a sheet of stickers under the door so I'll be prepared to participate the very moment I become available.

I can totally relate to the feeling that your life isn't yours anymore. That came has a huge shock to me when we first had her and realized that every second of my life was about the baby. It felt totally unfair and downright cruel. I'm not the meltdown type (believe it or not), but I recall one night early on when I actually said to my husband "I'm sorry I got us into this! This was all my idea!"

Ok, time to chug the rest of my second cup of coffee and step back out into the hurricane. Good luck today and always, my fellow warrior!
I can so remember those days, Briar - 'please, please, just two minutes alone in the bathroom'; there were a few times that I sat there and cried. (It's hard to imagine but now but there will come a time when you will miss the days when you were their 'everything'.)

Again you made me laugh - 'level 10 disaster zone'/'arts and crafts apocalypse'.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Someone must have messed with my clock last night because it is almost two hours ahead. I rolled over , saw the time, and jumped out of bed thinking how dim it still was out there! Oh well, that made more time to sit here looking like a porcupine drinking coffee.

I hope the gathering today isn't too stressful BD.

When we have young kids, our life is not our own for a while imo. The stress of it waxes and wanes. The tiredness/lack of good sleep is a big part of it but flat out unavoidable at times. I think you're a fantastic dad Arbor and from my perspective I'm tremendously happy for you and Briar that sobriety came along while your flocks were yet so young.

Time passes and we begin to get our life back in a way......hence an indulgent trip on the horizon for me. Feels awkward, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't care too much about the big game really this year. A neighbor down the street is a great uncle of Peyton so they are all fired up. I'll use the game as an excuse to snack a bit I guess.

Wishing y'all a nice day.

Agreed, Mark - Arbor and Briar are both incredibly blessed to have found sobriety while the children are young.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Hey guys, im here. Been a real busy, rough week. Kids got pretty sick, wife got it along with an eye infection. Then snow which surprised us in the area with more than expected. All this along with really lousy sleep has made me very aggravated/aggressive the past few days. Flat out pissed off at times with outbursts of anger. Just tiredness bringing it all on I suppose with no relief in sight long term. Anyway, don't want to be a downer. There's a lot of good happening just hard to enjoy it all sometimes.

Need to just turn in now. Kids will be up early or at any given time, really.

Night team.

(((Arbor))); hope the kiddos and your wife feel better soon.

No way are you a downer; we can all relate.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
LOL....look what I found!

Bad ass snowblower

Oh man, I'd be the envy of the neighborhood with that thing, venus.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
That is one badass snowblower Venus! Mom's 85th Birthday luncheon today. I will put on my big girl panties and be on my very best behavior.

Hope that it was a nice event, BD.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Thanks guys and good morning.

Just feels like my life isn't my own anymore sometimes. I've noticed lately I've been getting like this on Saturdays. It's that old mindset "working for the weekends." I look forward to them coming around for a much needed break and some time to myself, but it never happens. I know I chose to have kids and that it comes with the territory. Wouldn't change a thing, but daddy needs a break!

Enjoy the super bowl. Got the in laws and my parents coming by for a feast.
Enjoy, Arbor!!!! Maybe the in-laws and parents will wear the kids out for an early bedtime.

Would they babysit for the weekend sometime so you and your wife could get away?